Inspire 1 Firmware update bug how to put inspire into travel mode?
9521 9 2015-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bigstar
lvl.1

United States

Heres my story on the latest firmware update bug that is causing much grief.
I set up the Inspire as instructed after watching videos and reading manual.  Out of the box, everything seemed to work.  RC linked to Inspire, DJI Pilot app working with camera control.  Had the "must update firmware message showing on app so went to DJI and downloaded current firmware.  Copied on to card and went through the process of upgrading Inspire firmware.  It seemed to take an hour not 25 mintues and was not sure if it completed but decided to shut down Inspire at that point  Pulled card and read text file.  It read success.   
Tried to update firmware in RC. Put card in card reader and plugged in usb port expecting blue light and process to begin.  Nothing happened except for solid red light.

At this point can not link up to Inspire.  No signal showing on pilot app.  

After several hours ,finally got DJI support on phone who walked me through the same steps for upgrading firmware in the controller that I previously tried.  No success.  RC is frozen and won't do anything.  

DJI support told me they need me to ship the RC and Inspire back to them for service.  They sent me a mailing UPS label.

Another problem in that without controller link- you can't put Inspire into travel mode to fit back in the protective box to ship.   Hell, it won't even fit in the original cardboard box as its too tall in flight mode!  

Does anybody know if you can manually lower the legs and put it into Travel mode.  What did they ship that large screwdriver for?

Any suggestions welcome!  

2015-3-6
Use props
panox
lvl.3
Flight distance : 568819 ft
Germany

At this point can not link up to Inspire.  No signal showing on pilot app.  

After several hours ,finally got DJI support on phone who walked me through the same steps for upgrading firmware in the controller that I previously tried.  No success.  RC is frozen and won't do anything.  

DJI support told me they need me to ship the RC and Inspire back to them for service.  They sent me a mailing UPS label.

Another problem in that without controller link- you can't put Inspire into travel mode to fit back in the protective box to ship.   Hell, it won't even fit in the original cardboard box as its too tall in flight mode!  

Does anybody know if you can manually lower the legs and put it into Travel mode.  What did they ship that large screwdriver for?

Any suggestions welcome!  

First of all:  Exactly the same! I had to send it to the dealer. He exchanged the gimbal and the update worked!!  I'll get a new gimbal from DJI-support.

Inside this hole there is a screw. Rotating counter-clockwise 10x and you have the Inspire in travel-mode.

http://www.pano4all.de/Inspire_1 ... estellschraube-.JPG
2015-3-6
Use props
Bigstar
lvl.1

United States

Finally,  I have somehow solved my locked up RC and I actually flew the Inspire today and it was amazing!  What a step up from the Phantom.  

When on the phone with DJI support this morning, they told me to format my flash drive with ms-dos (fat) and copy firmware update on to the flash, put in USB of RC and turn on RC and wait for update to begin.  I did this and nothing happened.   Just a solid red light.  The firmware update did not start and the RC was locked and would not link with Inspire.   

Today, I reformatted the 16 gig flash drive that shipped with it with the exfat option instead of MS Dos, loaded the firmware update on the flash and tried it again.  This time success.  The RC firmware was updated and now links with the Inspire and everything seems to be working.   I love the camera/gimbal on the Inspire - really smooth footage with no shake or artifacts and none of the fish eye that you get with the go-pro.  Very impressed after my first flight.  Can't wait to fly it tomorrow.   
2015-3-6
Use props
dereksworld.com
lvl.1

United States

I had a similar issue after updating my slave controller...could not get the master to upgrade...finally tried a different sd card and it upgraded fine and then was already connected to aircraft.  You could try to format the sd card and try again...make sure you delete the .txt file  it generates between upgrades.
good luck!
2015-3-6
Use props
piertex
lvl.3
Flight distance : 370282 ft
Italy

Thank you Bigstar!!!..i have the same problem RED LIGHT SOLID...Today  i try...following your istruction..i HOPE...!!
2015-3-6
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you have not done so already, follow Dundee's flow chart in this link. My belief is that people are not formatting the SD card in FAT first before putting the firmware.bin file on the chip. DJI cannot read anything else.

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... age%3D1&lang=en
2015-3-7
Use props
vislaw.yahoo
New

United States

panox Posted at 2015-3-7 05:03
First of all:  Exactly the same! I had to send it to the dealer. He exchanged the gimbal and the u ...

Been trying to get our Inspire into TRAVEL MODE manually so we can ship back to DJI. Tried the screw shown here and it seems totally cemented in place -- won't budge. So much so that I'm worried about stripping it. Anyone else have this issue?
2015-3-8
Use props
panox
lvl.3
Flight distance : 568819 ft
Germany

Did you turn it counterclockwise? This is the right direction. I wonder why they didn't use an Inbus-screw.
2015-3-8
Use props
Monkeyking
lvl.2

United States

You can also pull the two long screws from the inboard part of the fly bars where the pivot mechanism attaches the arms to the  flight mode gear...
2015-3-8
Use props
zztatz
New

United States

I've had the I1 for about a week now. Took it out the case. Exit it out of travel mode with no problem. Charged the batteries and remote. Took it out and flew it in 2 different days ,with no problems. Never put it back on travel mode.
Was using it with a galaxy note 4. So I've decided to update the firmware.
Did the batteries, the remote and aircraft. Received my Nvidia shield tablet downloaded the app and took it out for a 3 round.
I've noticed after the update, the craft wasn't as stable as it was the first 2 flights. Specially when flying it low.
3 days later "today" I've tried to put it in travel mode for the first time and the landing gear did not want to stop leveled. It kept going into flight mode.
Ive tried all kinds of surfaces, even lighting the floor, paper under the aircraft, plastic, hardwood floor, the case, glass and wood tables, carpet, tows, ceramic tile and somehow, i finally got it to travel mode once.
Packed it and went to fly it at a different location. It was very unstable, to the point where i stopped and took it home. it will not go into travel mode again regardless of what i do. And now the remote knob or the app function wont do anything at all when i tell it to go into travel mode.
I've downgraded the firmware to v1.2.1.06 and the commands are still unresponsive. Landing gear will go up or down all the way when told to, but commanding it to travel mode, it wont even move anymore.
I tried downgrading the firmware on the remote with the USB card reader, it didn't do anything but it link with the aircraft and still responsive.
I did my research, i know about the up and down 4 times with the knob to get it into travel mode. So it wasn't just the app.
I know that everything I'm doing is correct. I did calibrate the compass before all flights.
I have a feeling that the sonar sensor or the optical sensor have been effected by the update.
I've reset the app settings to default. No changes and even hit the red button on the aircraft. Apart from the lights blinking when holding the red button down for some time, nothing else changed.
I am updating the firmware to v1.3 again and hoping it was just a bad update on my part. Even though the app confirmed it was up to date.
Its a very simple command and it shouldn't be that complicated, specifically when running all new firmware on a brand new and expensive aircraft. Not to mention a brand new tablet with new app installed.

If anyone can help me out or is going through the same thing, let me know.
2015-8-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules