Home Insurance pays up for my lost Mavic!
928 4 2017-5-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wellsi
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi all

Some will have seen my sorry tale of losing my Mavic down near the White Cliffs of Dover
http://forum.dji.com/thread-91584-1-1.html

Well, my home insurance paid up!  
I have a  "ersonal Possessions - all risks" element on my home policy covering all possessions anywhere outside the home for things like jewellery and cameras.  I claimed for a "high definition video camera quad copter" and they treated it just like losing a DSLR camera and paid up!  So that's put a smile on my face to say the least   
I had already bought a replacement Mavic and sold the spare remote on ebay, so that more than covered the excess.
And as a real bonus, I advised the "DJI Care Refresh" was tied to the Mavic, so they even covered the cost of a the DJI Care Refresh policy on the new Mavic (should point out I wasn't able to claim on the old Mavic's Care policy as I couldn't produce and send off the drone body as I never found it.....)

So, for UK flyers at least, it's probably worth paying the extra £50 or so for Personal Possessions on your home insurance...

Happy flying guys

Ian

2017-5-5
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Great news....I bet you don't make those mistakes again, NICE ;-)
2017-5-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Quite an adventure, you seem to have come out the other end fine, I have care refresh. But as we know it only lasts for a year, like your idea of personal items insurance cost should be low enough.
So wait until care refresh is up add on personal items fly with no worries, Robert's your fathers brother, thanks for the information.
2017-5-6
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

Wellsi, Good for You !!!!!!!  You flew into Hell and came out with a new set of wings!!!!!
            Best Wishes with ya New Bird
                                                       FlySafw-FlyFree
2017-5-6
Use props
Wellsi
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-5-6 03:54
Wellsi, Good for You !!!!!!!  You flew into Hell and came out with a new set of wings!!!!!
            Best Wishes with ya New Bird
                                                       FlySafw-FlyFree

Cheers Skunk!

Yeah, even managed to sell the new remote which covered the excess deductible so I'm bang on square now....  
Cheers
Ian
2017-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules