Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI misleading repair information - Bad repair support - Germany
1574 11 2017-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd41f260c
lvl.1
Romania

I'll try to keep this short and to the point.I crashed my Mavic about a month ago and sent it to repair a few days later on the 18th of April (as shown in the bellow screenshoot)
The first delay, the Mavic was delivered on the 21st of April, only to be registered by DJI as "Received" 4 days later on the 25th of April.

delivery status

delivery status

Nevertheless, I was patient and was very happy to see it was received by DJI and that I will get a quotation within maximum 2 days as stated on DJI Repair progress (shown in the screenshot).

repair status

repair status

After waiting another 4 days with the status staying the same on the repair process page, I have called DJI Germany to check the status.
Within a few seconds to the call, I was told that they are very overloaded and that they do not know and can't tell me how long it will take to check the Mavic.
The girl on the phone was rude and sounded like she is upset with me for asking why it is taking so long. Like I should feel for her because they are overloaded with work.
At the end of the call after pushing to get an estimate from her on how long it should take, she said: "over 20 working days". This is ridiculous, it is misleading by DJI to write something on their website and have a totally different thing in reality.

This is outrageous, frustrating and plain bad support and service, very disappointed from the response I got and the service so far...I would expect more from a brand like DJI.

CAS-567420-D7S0Z0

2017-5-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It's hard to disagree with you, but it seems like repair service is becoming a bit of a plague at dji and communication is appalling. Maybe a mod might jump in and try to escalate your case. Hope you get your Mavic soon.
2017-5-6
Use props
fansd41f260c
lvl.1
Romania

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-5-6 04:17
It's hard to disagree with you, but it seems like repair service is becoming a bit of a plague at dji and communication is appalling. Maybe a mod might jump in and try to escalate your case. Hope you get your Mavic soon.

What I find strange is that they do not make the necessary changes on the website to indicate the overload in repair service. I mean, they can just add a notification on the progress page saying something like: "Due to overload in repair cases in our Germany warehouse, response may take longer than usual"
Also, mention this when users are creating the repair request, to let them know in advance that this is the case.
It feels as if DJI is lacking in their support approach...

I really hope that someone will jump on here and escalate this case.
2017-5-6
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

We'll escalate your case and make sure the drone is repaired ASAP.
2017-5-7
Use props
fansd41f260c
lvl.1
Romania

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-5-7 00:39

Hello DJI-Thor,

Thank you for responding, I hope I get an update about it soon.

2017-5-7
Use props
fansd41f260c
lvl.1
Romania

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-5-7 00:39

Ok, so here is an update on the progress:
Yesterday I got this email:

yesterday

yesterday

about an hour ago I received this email:

Today

Today

What is going on?
To remind you, my case number is: CAS-567420-D7S0Z0
I have already sent the Mavic which was delivered successfully.
2017-5-9
Use props
fansd41f260c
lvl.1
Romania

Just talked to them on the phone again.
New info I was told is that due to backlog the process should take around 4 weeks...this is just ridiculous
2017-5-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fansd41f260c Posted at 2017-5-9 08:16
Ok, so here is an update on the progress:
Yesterday I got this email:[view_image]
about an hour ago I received this email:

Sorry for the confusion caused, we checked the case, your unit was delivered already, maybe the support sent a wrong e-mail to you, I've forwarded it to the management to escalate it, no worries.
Updated: We talked to you via phone just now, we are aware of your case and are working on it, hope we'll get it resolved soon so you can receive it back. Thanks agian for bringing this to our attention, we've informed the support about this case, will keep improving to provide you more professional service.
2017-5-10
Use props
fansd41f260c
lvl.1
Romania

So, the saga with DJI repair and support team is still going strong so I thought I would update this post with the latest info.

I have received the quote from DJI on the repair on the 10th of May, 4 weeks after they have received my drone.
I have then asked DJI team to change the invoice to include my company details. This took 6 more days and I have made the payment on 16th of May.
After the payment I have asked how long it will take to repair and send back, the answer was 6-10 working days.

Today I have contacted DJI Germany to check the status as no one updated me, I was answered by the same women I have mentioned in my first post.
When asking her what is the status, she said it is WAITING for the parts to arrive from China . Meaning they did not even start to repair the drone.
When asking how long this will take, she simply said I can't tell you, I don't know, we are waiting for the part and as soon as they arrive we will fix the drone. She kept mentioning the customs clearance process and that it might be delayed there (like this is something I should understand like it's my business how and when they receive the parts)

So now we are 5 weeks after DJI received the drone for repair and there is no way of knowing how long it will take.

I think this whole thing is a disgrace for DJI, selling their repair service as the best thing, fast, reliable. Not be able to keep up with their own promises on the time it should take.
Charging so much for repair services and then taking soo long to actually get the work done.
I would accept them to offer some kind of compensation for not delivering the service as promised (mentioned on their website) but instead, you get a rude German women telling you she has nothing to do.

how long for dji repair

how long for dji repair
2017-5-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fansd41f260c Posted at 2017-5-26 03:59
So, the saga with DJI repair and support team is still going strong so I thought I would update this post with the latest info.

I have received the quote from DJI on the repair on the 10th of May, 4 weeks after they have received my drone.

We're deeply sorry to have kept you waiting.
I've informed your case to the local repair team and asked them to try their best to speed up the process so you can get back it to fly shortly.
We truly appreciate your patience and support!
2017-5-27
Use props
fansd41f260c
lvl.1
France

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-27 03:42
We're deeply sorry to have kept you waiting.
I've informed your case to the local repair team and asked them to try their best to speed up the process so you can get back it to fly shortly.
We truly appreciate your patience and support!

Thank you for taking the time to reply to thins thread.
Unfortunately, still no update from DJI Germany...website repair status showing the same status...
2017-5-30
Use props
fansd41f260c
lvl.1
France

Just called DJI now, the rude lady answered again telling me she can't tell me anything and she hang up the phone in the middle of our conversation.
Called again, a guy answered, put me only hold and hang up.
Called again (3 time without an answer) only after hiding my mobile number they answered - same rude girl answered (She refused to give me her full name andIdentified herself as Miss Long) miss long told me it will be up to 10days (what was already told to me 12 days ago) I told her this was already told to me 12 days ago so why now it will be true? no answer on that, just repeating "it will take 10days, ok". I asked what will happen if it will not be sent to me in 10day? She answered "it will" and refused to answer the question...
Bottom line, DJI Support in Germany don't give a sh*t about the customers, they say whatever they want regardless if it's true or not just to get you off the phone. This girl is soo rude I can't believe someone hired her for customer support.
Also, when looking for the service agreement for the repair service, I can't find anything...nothing about the service offered, DJI's obligations...nowhere...theoretically they can keep my drone for years and tell me every 10days in 10 days.
Super disappointed with this process and service! No one to talk to and no one to report or complain to...
2017-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules