Scoche Magnet can it cause interference?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PM160Mavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 303219 ft
United States

Quick question.
I have a Scoche magnet on the back of my iPad as I use it someitmes in the car for GPS.

I am going to utilize a Skyreat Mavic Pro tablet mount and was curious if this magnet on the back of my iPad Mini wil cause interference?  I would rather just take it off I can't get a definite answer.

Any insight would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.
2017-5-6
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Skunkwerx has a thread on that. Magnets close by were showing phantom input (rc). Maybe you could calibrate it with the tablet mounted. But if took it off for whatever reason, the calibration maybe off.
2017-5-6
Use props
PM160Mavic
lvl.2
United States

thehippoz Posted at 2017-5-6 11:49
Skunkwerx has a thread on that. Magnets close by were showing phantom input (rc). Maybe you could calibrate it with the tablet mounted. But if took it off for whatever reason, the calibration maybe off.

Thanks will look into it.  I rather just take it off to be safe.  Don't want to mess up the bird.
2017-5-6
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

PM160Mavic , The magnets I used in the video were regular ceramic refrigerator magnets , you know the
                     ones that that are used to hold notes on the fridge ---- I wanted to see what type the Scoche
                Mount magnet is ---- I could not really get a straight answer  at the of there web page it states
:  Powerful rare-earth magnets hold your device securely in place even on the bumpiest roads.
                                Then it also state
:  The high powered neodymium magnets are 100% safe and will not damage your device.
                 Now Neodymium magnets are one of the strongest types of permanent magnet there is. I   
  would not put one of them any ware near any of my electronic equipment !!!!
If I were you I'd just play it safe and not put any type of magnet near the Controller or Mavic
FlySafe-FlyFree
2017-5-6
Use props
BeachDuc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29544 ft
Australia

If you mean the very flat piece that you stick to the back of your phone, I don't think it is a magnet at all.  The one I have has four round magnets in the mount (they look like watch batteries) and the piece that attaches to the phone is just metal.  It certainly doesn't stick to my fridge, like al those silly magnets my son seems to collect.  For what it is worth, I stuck that bit to the inside of the case, not the back of the phone.  It works fine mounting in the car but can be removed from the phone as easily as taking the case off.
2017-5-6
Use props
PM160Mavic
lvl.2
United States

BeachDuc Posted at 2017-5-6 21:21
If you mean the very flat piece that you stick to the back of your phone, I don't think it is a magnet at all.  The one I have has four round magnets in the mount (they look like watch batteries) and the piece that attaches to the phone is just metal.  It certainly doesn't stick to my fridge, like al those silly magnets my son seems to collect.  For what it is worth, I stuck that bit to the inside of the case, not the back of the phone.  It works fine mounting in the car but can be removed from the phone as easily as taking the case off.

Ok so I was a little confused as to how the magic mount system worked. So the plate that is on the back of my iPad is in fact just a piece of metal.  That shouldn't be an issue then correct?
2017-5-7
Use props
BeachDuc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29544 ft
Australia

PM160Mavic Posted at 2017-5-7 02:51
Ok so I was a little confused as to how the magic mount system worked. So the plate that is on the back of my iPad is in fact just a piece of metal.  That shouldn't be an issue then correct?

That's the setup on the one I bought.
2017-5-7
Use props
PM160Mavic
lvl.2
United States

BeachDuc Posted at 2017-5-7 22:23
That's the setup on the one I bought.

Just started using the Skyreat setup and man is it nice.  Thanks for all the help guys.
2017-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules