Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Weird orientation
864 5 2017-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rafe Hracek
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9121 ft

United States

Hello people of the forums!  I understand the way orientation in the way as wherever the camera is pointing that's where it'll go. Straight to the point, when I'm full throttling my camera is off about 10 degrees in either direction randomly. Sometimes it's straight. Is this the drone compensating for crosswinds in the same manner airplanes do when landing in a crosswind?
2017-5-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

It is  possibility if it's due to aggressive flying. Do you happen to have any sample video of this?
2017-5-6
Use props
Rafe Hracek
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-6 17:41
It is  possibility if it's due to aggressive flying. Do you happen to have any sample video of this?

Yes I do have video of this, I'll upload it now, should take about 15 mins to upload, then I'll link you
2017-5-6
Use props
Rafe Hracek
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-6 17:41

2017-5-6
Use props
Michgolden
lvl.4
Flight distance : 822851 ft
United States

I've had mine seem to be at a slight angle when it's trying to fly straight ahead but there's a strong wind coming in at an angle. Sounds a lot like what you're describing. You wish you turn the camera slightly but then you wouldn't have proper orientation. Also some of the videos of big jets coming in to land at some of the angles they do is pretty wicked, I believe they call it "Crab walking".
2017-5-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

It's kind of hard to tell whether it's camera drift or if the actually the aircraft that's doing the drifting. If it's the latter, you could be incurring some interference due to being relatively close to those power lines.
2017-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules