Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Pro - Possible to lock gimbal? Turn off stabilizing?
1912 4 2017-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FauxFilm
lvl.3
United States

When I use my Osmo Pro (X5 camera) I obviously usually do so when I want smooth stabilized video (don't we all?), and it does a great job of that.

However, every now and then I'd love the ability turn off or disable the stabilization, basically lock the gimbal in a fixed position, so that it acts like a normal handheld camera.  This doesn't happen too often, or on every shoot... but there have been numerous instances when it would have been helpful to be able to do that.

Does anyone know if this is even possible?  And if so, how?

Much thanks,

T2

2017-5-7
Use props
MenSch0r
lvl.4
Switzerland

Good question.  Does anyone know?
2017-6-17
Use props
Insieme Agency
lvl.3
Flight distance : 420449 ft
Hungary

NOPE just PITCH LOCK
2017-6-22
Use props
SKYWARD KICK
New
Canada

I wish you could turn it off and run it basically on a tripod. the X5 camera is fantastic. I'd love to throw a Metabones on there and shoot with bigger lenses.
2017-8-9
Use props
FauxFilm
lvl.3
United States

That's exactly what I was hoping to do, Skyward... use it on a tripod or handheld without the stabilizer working.. like a "regular" camera.  The X5 is a great camera, I'd like to be able to use it occasionally when I don't need stabilization (or the stabilization fighting what I'm trying to do).

It's really a moot point at the moment... my X5 has been languishing in the black hole of DJI repair for a long time (it developed a card slot problem)... it has now been with DJI for much longer than I was originally promised by customer service, and I can get zero response from DJI about it.  It's been just listed as "accepted" and "verified" for forever now with no additional movement.  

Grrrrr.
2017-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules