Interference Live Feed Nexus 7/ Xperia Z1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
quikdom
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi

After using both of my devices for the first 12 months after buying the drone with no live feed interference on both devices now my P3P pro is almost unusable and has been since late 2016.  

So both devices are android, the nexus 7 I only use for the P3P so limit what is installed on it.

Yesterday I was getting stuttering and blocky interference on the xperia Z1 and the P3P was sitting on the ground less than 10 feet from me.

I have tried alsorts of angles with the antenna and various different locations all the same inteference.

Any ideas please?

2017-5-8
Use props
SimonH78
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Take it you have just update the Go app?
2017-5-8
Use props
quikdom
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I always keep firmware and apps updated.  The interference has been happening since late last year just tried to ignore it but as the weather is getting better I want to try and get out there.

2017-5-9
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

quikdom Posted at 2017-5-9 00:01
I always keep firmware and apps updated.  The interference has been happening since late last year just tried to ignore it but as the weather is getting better I want to try and get out there.

One suggestion might be to roll back the firmware on the RC from V1.8 to V1.6, this may help clear up things a bit. V1.8 seems to have caused issues for a number of Android devices, whether through program error or hardware limitations I do not know.

Try the following and see if it's of any help, if not you can always reload V1.8.

Connect display device (with good wifi connection) to RC and power both up (aircraft off).

Run DJI Go, on initial screen (where it displays aircraft type etc) at top right hand corner you will see a 'graduation hat' icon (or perhaps three lines if DJI Go 4). Hold your finger on that for about 5 seconds and release. You should now see a black screen appear with an option to roll back RC firmware (you may have to sellect V1.6 in the roll down menu). Make sure RC is well charged, takes about 5 minutes or so. Power down when complete. Restart all and check all working, you may need to relink RC to aircraft.
2017-5-9
Use props
SimonH78
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you tried other cables or settings on the phone ( re USB connection) I run without any issues at all with latest FW, 1.10.9& 1.8 RC with Go app 3.1.5 using a Xperia X phone also a iPad mini V1!! Also as yours is the Pro try turning down the video transmission bit rate to a lower setting.
2017-5-9
Use props
quikdom
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks guys I will try both roll back firmware and a new cable next time I fly.
2017-5-9
Use props
crash1sttime
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

Something else to consider is the overheating issue that occurs with the P3 pro, many have found it beneficial to replace the heat sink pads in the camera for better cooling.
2017-5-9
Use props
CCFlyer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 226293 ft
United States

I often get areas of pixelation accross the screen and accidently stumbled upon a temporary solution/work around. When this happens, simply switching from photo mode and immediately back to video mode (or vice versa) clears it up. This may be unique to my tablet (Lenovo Tab2 A8-50) but it does return the screen to normal. My problem sounds similar to what you described so perhaps it is worth a try.   
2017-5-9
Use props
quikdom
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I have tried the switching to and from photo/video mode but didnt make any difference - thank you though.

I did roll back to 1.6 last night and flew (only for 5 mins) without any interference.

I'll try longer flights in the next few days and re-post.

Thanks
2017-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules