Phantom 2 standard motors
3383 9 2015-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
reminaftel
New

Guernsey

hi I'm after a some advice I bought a phantom 2 2.4ghz edition I need to replace one of the motors, are all the standard motors brushless. Thanks in advance
2015-3-6
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Google: Phantom Brushless motors and go from there!
Did you read the manual? If not, once you determine your version, please go to: http://www.dji.com/support and download the appropriate version for your Phantom and use the wiki...you will learn lots!
2015-3-6
Use props
reminaftel
New

Guernsey

Thanks I'll try that I'm new to this and bought it secondhand it didn't have a manual only the box
2015-3-6
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Before you rush out and buy a new motor, what is the problem ?
Most motor issues are caused by a damaged ESC, not the motor, as a brushless motor either works or not.
What do the LED's show on the faulty motor arm ?
2015-3-7
Use props
reminaftel
New

Guernsey

Yeah its the motor I put the screws back in from the prop guard on only one and it's the broken one I can see all the copper wire bent in:@a
2015-3-7
Use props
joe
lvl.3

United States

All Phantom motors are brushless period. The new Phantom 2312 motor on Ver 3 copter are a little bigger and should not be mixed with the original 2212 motors.  You need to make sure you buy the correct direction motor.  This has to do with the self locking threads.
2015-3-7
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

reminaftel@yaho Posted at 2015-3-8 03:22
Yeah its the motor I put the screws back in from the prop guard on only one and it's the broken one  ...

Sounds like you screwed your motor!
Check to see if there is a part number etc. on it and get one of same style as you could be in for a whole lotta ouch if you start mixing especially if you get one of the newer motors and yours is an older motor and vice versa...as one is a fair bit stronger than the other.
Go to this thread and check pg. 2 as there is a bit of motor/ESC compatibility listed there.
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... id=4170&lang=en
2015-3-7
Use props
tonyray955
lvl.3

United States

Easy way to tell is look at the motor:

The motor on the left is the old motor #2212 the one on the right is the new one #2312

The one with the black hub or black dot is CW the one with silver is CCW
2015-3-7
Use props
djiuser_bjavZfitIMvm
New

United States

joe@heliflightc Posted at 2015-3-7 11:45
All Phantom motors are brushless period. The new Phantom 2312 motor on Ver 3 copter are a little bigger and should not be mixed with the original 2212 motors.  You need to make sure you buy the correct direction motor.  This has to do with the self locking threads.

I have a p2 can I use 2212 on it
2020-4-2
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

djiuser_bjavZfitIMvm Posted at 4-2 17:54
I have a p2 can I use 2212 on it

If the other three are 2212, yes.  
2020-4-3
Use props