P3A Yaw left and right issue
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BenHopper
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1013205 ft
Canada

Occasionally when I'm getting a shot the drone will rotate to one way, usually left, which ruins the shot. I have to counteract this with my sticks which makes it hard and also often ruins the shot. I would appreciate the help! Thanks
2017-5-8
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

wind? I notice that every time there's significant wind.. say above 12-13 mph.. and that can easily happen at 200-300ft, if surface level is barely breezy....
2017-5-8
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Ben,

Have you calibrated the IMU?  There is also a remote controller calibration you can do.  In the General Settings, you can access the EXP settings for the sticks.  There are a number of tutorials on how to adjust the settings.  

When all else fails, try to refresh the controller firmware.  This can be done by touching the three lines in the upper right corner of the "White Screen" for five seconds or more to access the firmware page.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-5-8
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
United States

i did not realize u can refresh the firmware.. What makes you think it will not just detect the current version and abort as already up to date? And yes, I agree, that on many devices reflashing firmware is often a good thing to do... there's also a procedure to "reset the controller", which may be of use here.. I might actually try that - remember, u will probably have to rebind/relink to the aircraft after that.
2017-5-9
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Phantomski Posted at 2017-5-9 08:57
i did not realize u can refresh the firmware.. What makes you think it will not just detect the current version and abort as already up to date? And yes, I agree, that on many devices reflashing firmware is often a good thing to do... there's also a procedure to "reset the controller", which may be of use here.. I might actually try that - remember, u will probably have to rebind/relink to the aircraft after that.

On the P3A/P and the Inspire 1 series, you can go one firmware down via the SD card.
2017-5-9
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Have you already performed an IMU calibration, then a gimbal calibration in that order? Which gimbal mode are you in?
2017-5-9
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
United States

I believe this is an issue of the drone slowly rotating left on it's own.. like I said, in my case it's in the wind... IMU calibration, new props - yes; I do not see why gimbal calibration would be in order - that piece should not affect the actual craft controls and flying.. Now, RC calibration may also be in order, just in case, though....
2017-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules