MC data recording error after firmware update
2591 15 2015-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mark
lvl.1

Australia

Hi all
Just updated the firmware to the latest and now I have an MC data recording error. tried restarting a few times with no success, not sure how to reinstall firmware as it just states that the firmware is the same as whats on the bird.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Mark
2015-3-7
Use props
jamess3430
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi Mark

I had the same error message during my first flight after the latest firmware update. I landed quickly as a precuation and shut everything down. I then restarted everthing a flew a normal flight without any repeat of the error message and have not seen it on subsequent flights.

I asked for advice about this on this forum and the rc groups inspire forum but nobody in support could be bothered to reply !!
2015-3-7
Use props
huppeencoyote69
lvl.2

Netherlands

Check this http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=5341
2015-3-7
Use props
mark
lvl.1

Australia

Hi yes I read your post and did the restart several times still with the same error.  had a chat session which in the end just confirmed that I had done the update correctly but no resolve on the error.
2015-3-7
Use props
mark
lvl.1

Australia

anyone or is this unique to myself lol
2015-3-8
Use props
Footbag
lvl.1

Canada

Also have the MC Data error. Persists between reboots. In my case, was not caused by firmware upgrade... it just started occurring. Not sure what version of firmware I was at (new Inspire), but I am now on the latest (.17 I think) and the MC Data issue remains.
2015-3-9
Use props
mark
lvl.1

Australia

Is there anyone from DJI that would like to respond to this?
2015-3-15
Use props
JohnAlbani
lvl.1

United States

Mine is doing this now after the latest update. Spent 2 hours chatting with DJI support.
Had me connect the craft to the computer via the usb port by the back led light.
Then entered Flight Data Mode and deleted the .DAT files.
Didn't work and was never resolved. Will have to contact LA support.
2015-4-18
Use props
Fred D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56184 ft
Canada

The same thing happened to me on my first flight after the update was complete. First time I've had an error message pop up, scared the crap out of me landed asap the message said  "MC data recording error" I did what it said and shut her down and restarted everything. Message gone, all has been fine since. And Baby Got New Blades so now. The Skies the limit
2015-4-18
Use props
bmlawdog753
lvl.2
Flight distance : 179268 ft
United States

When I got mine back from repair, it also had an mc cant connect issue, the firmware upgrade made a unusual beep noise along with the regular DDDD four beep noise. I just let it run and it eventually upgraded with no worries.
2015-4-18
Use props
mark
lvl.1

Australia

So after the latest firmware and still have the MC Data error after many restarts no success starting to get annoyed at this one
2015-4-20
Use props
mark
lvl.1

Australia

when I enter flight data mode windows advises that the card needs to be formatted first not sure if this should be done?
2015-4-20
Use props
mauricio.copett
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49751 ft
Brazil

jamess3430 Posted at 2015-3-8 05:32
Hi Mark

I had the same error message during my first flight after the latest firmware update. I lan ...

Be careful!! I had that MC ERROR and that gone ok after I switched off and on again... then I took off and the aircraft started to get completely crazy, not responding my commands ( although the RC was showing that all was ok...) and I end up loosing my Inspire in the jungle. Terrible! Fortunately I could by somehow put it away from the house ( in a farm). The motors were very accelerated (that was the most terrifying thing and at that point I understood that the worst could happen...) , reacting in a way that I've never experienced before, no matter what I could do with the sticks. How to trust the Inspire from now on?
2015-4-20
Use props
mark
lvl.1

Australia

At least there is a couple of us that have this persistent error hopefully DJI may take an interest at some point.  Does anyone know if it is an micro sd card or is it a pcb mounted storage.
2015-5-5
Use props
ikbalarafa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1671316 ft
  • >>>
Tunisia

Hi,
I just updated my Inspire 1 And had the same MC Data error.. The update was a success. I powercycled the I1 and made an IMU calibration twice. Everything is updated with the latest versions. The I1 is brand new and never flew.
It says that the accelerometer failed ;-(
I just contacted DJI support.
I will wait for their answer.
Regards,
Ikbal
2015-5-7
Use props
mark
lvl.1

Australia

so even after the latest update I still get the MC data recorder error tried to format the recorder failed.
2015-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules