New Firmware for Mavic Pro Has Been Released(V01.03.0800)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hugg727
lvl.2
Flight distance : 124895 ft
United States

The upgrade via the app/ my tablet was going smoothly and then it hung at 99% for over an hour.  I changed courses and did it through the DJI assistant and it was much smoother for both the RC and the drone.
2017-6-9
Use props
Matias73
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19239 ft
Germany

After I obviously grabbed a Mavic not willing to update to firmware greater. 0550, I returned my Mavic to DJI after uncountable attempts upgrading the firmware.
After some weeks I received it in repaired condition with the firmware .0700 installed.
Today I started another try updating to .0800 and it worked workout any issues.
First flight just after sunset was successful.
2017-6-9
Use props
StephenGSY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 814232 ft
Guernsey

For the people who think restrictions will be in force with new update.
2017-6-9
Use props
bomberuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16759 ft
United Kingdom

bartjes Posted at 2017-6-9 13:37
I live close to a no fly zone and I see the map of the Netherlands that DJI maintains does not match the government map.
I'm curious if I can still fly at my home. I'm also curious what happens with the data gathered by DJI where people apply for flying in restricted area's: "I intend to do illegal things and asking permission for that, not from the law but from a company".

2017-6-9
Use props
bartjes
lvl.1
Netherlands

I live close to a no fly zone and I see the map of the Netherlands that DJI maintains does not match the government map.
I'm curious if I can still fly at my home. I'm also curious what happens with the data gathered by DJI where people apply for flying in restricted area's: "I intend to do illegal things and asking permission for that, not from the law but from a company".

I'm having stability issues with my Nexus 5X phone running the DJI app (see other posts). In many occasions it starts smooth and during flight starts to lag and eventuelly gets stuck completely, having to reboot the phone. The following release note worries me in that case when my Mavic is further away than 50 m / 30 m height:
"For increased safety, the flight is restricted to a height of 30 m and distance of 50 m when not connected or logged into the app during flight, including DJI GO 4 and all apps compatible with DJI aircraft."
Suppose the app crashes, what will my drone do, especially when there are high objects in the area where the drone can fly into ?
2017-6-9
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

ok, i live about 4.9999999 miles out of the airport I use to fly from my backyard after updating to .800 It no longer let me take off.....WTF? DJI just lost my business.
2017-6-9
Use props
The Rev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1256837 ft
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-6-9 20:55
ok, i live about 4.9999999 miles out of the airport I use to fly from my backyard after updating to .800 It no longer let me take off.....WTF? DJI just lost my business.

Can you not roll back to .700
2017-6-9
Use props
Daggerfall
New
United Arab Emirates

Hi,

I like driving in the desert and doing most of my shots at remote areas where there is no reception.

Does this new terms means I cannot use the Mavic in full capacity because I don't have any internet?

Thanks
2017-6-9
Use props
Videolester
lvl.2
Flight distance : 466624 ft
Canada

fans7cb13127 Posted at 2017-5-9 00:26
only two things changed? what about the firmware upgrade problem, could anyone with problems tell me if this is still happening?

What problems are U having? For me. this update was the fastest and most trouble free update yet!
2017-6-9
Use props
Mikko_blu
New
Flight distance : 12224 ft
United States

great thanks
2017-6-10
Use props
Forden
New
France

After updating to 0800 yesterday, I started trying it at home ( before going far away and being eventually blocked... ).

Here's what I encounter :
- On Dji Go App 4 (iphone) : I received a new message telling me that I fly 'near' a No FLy Zone and that I use my own responsability,
- Another message, maybe nothing to see with the update : I had now a new height limit at 120m, when changing, a new message : telling me that it would be against FAA ( but I'm in France, not USA.... ), and that since now I'm taking full risks of EVERYTHING and nothing will be held against DJI : question : As I just bought the DJI Care, is it saying that they wash now their hands from ANYTHING even if I fly under the American height limit ???? If that's true, I'm gonna ask my money back!
- and Worst of ALL : display of the camera disappeared 3 times on my smartphone. Had to kill the app, re-enter, or unplug - > re plug the iphone. And just seconds after re-entering, it re-disappeared... And at the upper screen, the 'R' went red each time, as I was standing at about 3 meters from the Mavic Pro...

On their map, I'm reaaly far from the nearest NFZ, I don't get it.
2017-6-10
Use props
Mari
First Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

Daggerfall Posted at 2017-6-9 22:12
Hi,

I like driving in the desert and doing most of my shots at remote areas where there is no reception.

Check video in reply #365
2017-6-10
Use props
Shaun Goodman
New
Netherlands

Just updated my software, no issues so thanks to those who made it easy to do.
2017-6-10
Use props
fans68a1e4fb
New
Flight distance : 33688 ft
Portugal

Just updated but now all my pictures taken with my Mavic show all black on my computer screen
2017-6-10
Use props
Milan Tokarcik
lvl.1
Flight distance : 917657 ft
Slovakia

hello, just updated new firmware and there is missing in settings 4K quality of video, also each time there is announcement if I will not be signed in there are restrictions. I restarted the aircraft, controller and application more then 3 times and still the same, could you advice something to fix it? thank you.
2017-6-10
Use props
Hyunsoo park
New
Mexico

4k video no Puedo????
2017-6-10
Use props
jeffmossy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 798409 ft
United Kingdom

Just found out the app does not let you turn off the front LED anymore, or have they changed location of the switch in the app ?
2017-6-10
Use props
Forden
New
France

For the 4K, it's explained a few pages earlier, you have to put the display transmission in Normal mode, and 4K will be back

I've found an "Unlocking List". As I'm almost new to this drone I may not have noticed it before....
Someone knows what it is ?
2017-6-10
Use props
fans3078e08b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3885 ft
Netherlands

I tried to update from .700 to .800 ... Failed AND MY BATTERY IS BROKEN! !
It was perfectly ok, , had 90% and now only the middle green leds burn, and cannot shut off!
I have this drone only a month, made 2 test flights and updating updating in the hope that DJI Go 4 app wouldn't crash during the flights I made.
If my battery stays dead, a perfect good new battery, then I MUST return this bird.
It fails on anything, Updating, Crashing App, destroying batteries.
Besides the privacy and restrictions issues. ...

Sorry, was a big fan, but it's mesh now. PLEASE PLEASE DJI, make it GOOOOD as it was, please.
2017-6-10
Use props
Car147
lvl.3
Flight distance : 180351 ft
United Kingdom

Why are people repeating the same questions all the time? FFS a guy does a video to show you what the app does and what YOU have to do to fly without restriction. There's about 6 questions (all of which have been answered by more experienced members telling YOU a likely solution..

To me it sounds like there are one hell of a lot of people that just cannot be bothered to find out themselves or even just check a few posts and help themselves... As for the ones continually moaning about restrictions Don't Fly where YOU are not allowed to!

After all, most of this has been caused by fools blatantly flying in restricted air space...You only have your self to blame. suck it up and fly safely or sell your Drone as it will help the rest no end from further restriction.
2017-6-10
Use props
SFC_Ren
New

United States

Car147 Posted at 2017-6-10 11:53
Why are people repeating the same questions all the time? FFS a guy does a video to show you what the app does and what YOU have to do to fly without restriction. There's about 6 questions (all of which have been answered by more experienced members telling YOU a likely solution..

To me it sounds like there are one hell of a lot of people that just cannot be bothered to find out themselves or even just check a few posts and help themselves... As for the ones continually moaning about restrictions Don't Fly where YOU are not allowed to!

The video does not in any way shape or form address the question if somebody goes out into an area with no data, cellular or wifi, and then restarts or reboots their phone.  Will the DJI GO App still be "logged in" and allow unrestricted flight, after connecting the phone to the remote and Mavic, with the most recent firmware update.    This question is not answered anywhere in the release notes, FAQ, or anywhere else that I have found.  I am asking this question because I am eagerly awaiting the delivery of my Mavic Pro that I ordered from Amazon, and if the above scenario is the case I want to send it back without opening it, because I do many overland motorcycle treks in the Western United States where I will not have cellular connectivity for days at a time, and I use replacement battery's in my phone as well as the Micro SD card slot to transfer Go Pro and Drone video to a backup hard drive both of these operations require restarting the phone and not having cell service.
2017-6-10
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

update went fine. couldn't fly at my house due to nfz now. apparently dji's map shows a temp flight restriction. i hope so.
2017-6-10
Use props
Tombolian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 675958 ft
United States

I was one of those unable to upgrade to .055 and .06 without doing the downgrade/upgrade with record button trick... successfully upgraded to .07 using Assistant2 via PC, (no problems) and now have upgraded to .08 via DJIGo4 app flawlessly.
@SFC_Ren, I just got back from a California State Park which has no cellular coverage, and flew without a problem... Don't return your Mavic.  IMHO You WILL be sorry.
2017-6-10
Use props
fans3078e08b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3885 ft
Netherlands

fans3078e08b Posted at 2017-6-10 10:10
I tried to update from .700 to .800 ... Failed AND MY BATTERY IS BROKEN! !
It was perfectly ok, , had 90% and now only the middle green leds burn, and cannot shut off!
I have this drone only a month, made 2 test flights and updating updating in the hope that DJI Go 4 app wouldn't crash during the flights I made.

Here is the solution for the battery middle leds issue I found else on this forum.
It's from  fans4bdce353, Beginner, United Kingdom:

"Thank you guys so much for your information, as I was worried about my drone with this problem as well. I have found another solution, & I believe it'll be the best one.
Just quickly how my problem happened, I somehow failed my first update through the app. Then, the battery had 2 LEDs Green flashed both around 13 seconds apart. I used my other two batteries from my combo package & they had no problem updating. So, I attempted to follow this forum article but no solution didn't work for me. It will always say "Battery must be 50%" everytime i tried to update even though it was prior to the failure. So this is my solution;

1) Please Download The DJI Assistant 2 application, which can be located in the Mavic Pro Download Section. Download your current computer manufacture.
2) Once you Log into the program, please connect your defective battery into  your done (Please disconnect its Gimbal Protection & Propellers just in-case) & let it initialise.
3) When the drone is booted up, connect your controller to your computer via the USB that came with the Mavic. Then, turn it on (otherwise it'll just remain in a charging state).
4) Your computer will install its relevant drivers automatically (Leave it for 1 minute).
5) Then, you will get an option to select your drone. Please do so!
6) A list will come up with all current Firmware releases from DJI, select the most up-to-date firmware & click "refresh".
7) Let the program do it's business downloading & installing. At the very end your drone will reboot along with your controller. Please don't worry if you lose connection to the program it'll return by itself!

And that was me fixed, I really hope this helps you guys! And, from now on i'll be using the computer software instead of my app! Happy flying!"

That saved my day and battery!
I did charge the affected battery one hour before proceeding with the above procedure. But first  I did the battery in a lipobag : ) The reason the firmware update got stuck at 69% updating was that it just discharged to 49%. Really, when the battery gets below 50% charge, it stops updating and you are left with a faulty battery.

I recommend 2 things:

1. Use PC with wired internet and DJI Assistant 2 software. Works much better and faster.
2. Use 100% charged batteries. That should be pointed out loudly (also by DJI)  when updating!
2017-6-10
Use props
SFC_Ren
New

United States

Tombolian Posted at 2017-6-10 14:06
I was one of those unable to upgrade to .055 and .06 without doing the downgrade/upgrade with record button trick... successfully upgraded to .07 using Assistant2 via PC, (no problems) and now have upgraded to .08 via DJIGo4 app flawlessly.
@SFC_Ren, I just got back from a California State Park which has no cellular coverage, and flew without a problem... Don't return your Mavic.  IMHO You WILL be sorry.

Thanks for that info!  Nothing like hearing that info from someone who has actually done it.
2017-6-10
Use props
Fikeus
New
Flight distance : 5413 ft
Australia

// For increased safety, the flight is restricted to a height of 30 m and distance of 50 m when not connected or logged into the app during flight, including DJI GO 4 and all apps compatible with DJI aircraft. //

What does "logged into the app during flight" mean?  Does that mean having an active internet connection to the DJI servers so the App can connect, login, to the DJI servers?  In some locations it's not possible to establish an internet connection so I'm just wondering what "log in" entails in that regard.
2017-6-10
Use props
Ray_Dunakin
Second Officer
United States

No1much Posted at 2017-5-9 05:10
When the Mavic's firmware updates, so does the battery in the Mavic, autiomatically.
If your battery needs updating, the Go app or Assistant are supposed to tell you, and offer to download and install the new update to your battery.

I guess I'll have to go through all five of my batteries to update each of them?
2017-6-10
Use props
NickJa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 114665 ft
France

this is my first time using DJI and today received the mavic pro, I have to say spending 4hrs + fighting to get the update to complete; wasting battery charge i had wanted to use to fly, and having to re charge controller, mobile phone, main battery each time isnt ideal, then add to the fact that the only smooth video seems to be 1080P and then spend a long time checking/calibrating, test record, view & repeat the charging process again is frustrating & to cap it all the assistant 2 install doesnt like PC's or wont recognise the mavic is a little worrying, is this a beta product because for 1K+ there are some very worrying signs here...it might be just me but from searching the various issues to see if it was just me i can see many others flagging similar issues, i hope the firmware fixes this and that the software bugs are ironed out.
2017-6-10
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Here is what I found!

If you want to fly in NFZ just get a token and you can fly?
2017-6-10
Use props
fanse0a1b9b4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 118 ft
United States

I am a Part 107 pilot and upgraded to the new firmware today.  I had no issues with the firmware download.  I did some tests see what the restrictions are without using the Go app and yes 90 feet up and 160 feet out and you really don't have any speed because the restrictions slow the aircraft down to the geo fencing that is put in the firmware.  I also took off with the Go app on and turned on my device airplane mode on in flight and there were no restrictions from the new firmware.  In short you have to keep the controller and aircraft connected to the app in order to keep the restrictions from affecting your  aircraft operating parameters i.e. altitude and distance.  
2017-6-10
Use props
Ray_Dunakin
Second Officer
United States

The upgrade tutorial in the first post mentions a "graduation cap" icon. I don't see that anywhere in the DJI Go4 app. Where is it?
2017-6-10
Use props
Ferks
lvl.2
United States

x1m0x Posted at 2017-5-10 11:23
sure , keep believing that ;)

Not sure if you ever got a successful update, I couldn't get past 74% too on new Mavic I bought last week(never flown yet).

What I did to update successfully was from DJI Mindy's advice, connect the Mavic to your PC and the RC controller to your Mavic, then you must first downgrade to .0350, then press the REC button on the RC and try updating to the latest firmware version, don't ask me how, but this worked for me, I did update to v .0800.

Send DJI Mindy a PM with tour DJI account email, and she will set you up with V.0350 to downgrade to.

Good Luck !
2017-6-10
Use props
MikhailCompo
New
United Kingdom

How does this affect Litchi? Can you no longer use Litchi if the Go app *must* be used?
2017-6-11
Use props
IceCold
lvl.1
United States

For increased safety, the flight is restricted to a height of 30 m and distance of 50 m when not connected or logged into the app

So This is DJI Ultimate goal is to require LTE Data when Flying they just NErfed the Controller making worse range than flying via WiFi Alone.

2017-6-11
Use props
mauro27
lvl.1
Flight distance : 82772 ft
Italy

What happen working with no data connection, ex in open Sea. I have limitaton or not?
2017-6-11
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

No data/LTE means we are screwed.  Will DJI reimburse me for buying an iPad with no data plan that worked before?  What the heck??? I just cancelled my I2 order because of this BS.  
2017-6-11
Use props
Tombolian
lvl.4
United States

You people are funny.  I'ma go fly my mavic w/ firmware .08 in a place with no cellular coverage now because I can... lol.  You people crack me up.
2017-6-11
Use props
Tombolian
lvl.4
United States

Aaaand I'm going to do it with Litchi which I just bought/installed yesterday which also works so :-p

2017-6-11
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Tombolian Posted at 2017-6-11 07:02
You people are funny.  I'ma go fly my mavic w/ firmware .08 in a place with no cellular coverage now because I can... lol.  You people crack me up.

flying with no cell coverage? Is there such thing? Not according to DJI
2017-6-11
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

jeeez i cant fly ANYWHERE to test out .800 this blows and we finally got some nice weather {:4_154:}
Screenshot 2017-06-11 12.05.30.jpg
2017-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules