Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Firmware for Mavic Pro Has Been Released(V01.03.0800)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansdb6bca2e
lvl.3
Flight distance : 60807 ft
Germany

the nfz Problem with weak gps still exists...
2017-5-9
Use props
fans60e10026
New
United States

fansdb6bca2e Posted at 2017-5-9 12:35
the nfz Problem with weak gps still exists...

The NFZ still exists
2017-5-9
Use props
EastyT
Second Officer
Flight distance : 970374 ft
United States

x1m0x Posted at 2017-5-9 12:18
BTW Why we dont have ANY interaction from DJI engineers in this thread? After we gave the company LOADS of our VERY hard earned money, I would expect at least some presence for heavens sake. Instead, total indifference.

Seems that you can continue to fly, albeit with an older firmware version.  I think the more critical issue is the app crashing and resetting the home point constantly.  While this firmware problem is totally unacceptable, I think they need to stop all of this software update nonsense until they fix the app!  P.S.  I really don't think it's hardware causing the firmware update problem.  Just my 2 cents.
2017-5-9
Use props
travelrikk
Captain
Flight distance : 21877946 ft
  • >>>
Malta

Upgraded. Would be nice to turn off gimbal motor while doing imu calibrations though..
2017-5-9
Use props
ArtistFirst
Second Officer
Flight distance : 986716 ft
United States

Cool-J Posted at 2017-5-9 02:31
Great but lets hope they make a new firmware where you can change the APERTURE of the 2.2 of the Mavic!!!  Thank you for your support DJI

Pretty sure that you're IRIS is locked and no amount of software will change that.

May I suggest to you using ND filters to step down your f-stop.

It works just as well as closing the IRIS if not a drop more tedious than just figuring it out.

Using these enthusiasts drones have done a lot for me to benefit from using filters because of the forced need to use them for basic things like the variance in lighting.

Understand and learn about filters and polarization if you aren't already.

Here is a small tutorial I made using the Phantom 4 Polar Pro 4-32 ND/PL (Neutral Density, Polarizer) filters.

They rotate and have a nice feeling to them so you can set polarization.

I made a small tutorial for the P4 (which you have to eye it on the Mavic filters that I will be uploading soon), I will post a new one because of my issues with the Homepoint setting, I have been dealing with issues and had to return and get a new Mavic., but I don't like sending my birds up without the ability to set a HP which has resulted in a wait on my new video that I promised Polar Pro a while ago.

I am getting so frustrated that i don't have words but here is a tutorial on how to take care of your issues with 2.2 f/s.

2017-5-9
Use props
x1m0x
lvl.1
Belgium

EastyT Posted at 2017-5-9 12:37
Seems that you can continue to fly, albeit with an older firmware version.  I think the more critical issue is the app crashing and resetting the home point constantly.  While this firmware problem is totally unacceptable, I think they need to stop all of this software update nonsense until they fix the app!  P.S.  I really don't think it's hardware causing the firmware update problem.  Just my 2 cents.

Its just a wild guess. Im puzzled by the fact that a certain number have the issue and some go trough perfectly. Really feels like when  you have some different version of hardware that doesnt accept the rom. Hence why instead of giving a quick fix they ask to send the mavic. But its just an idea. What bothers me is the feeling that I bought a very expensive piece of kit that is not up to par, is defective and limited compared to the rest. Plus what If we want the goggles? (which I do)  I canceled my preorder because of this, so the whole thing is totally annoying and unacceptable. If it was a walkera 100 eur drone ok, but we are talking about 1500 EUR, in my book 1500 EUR= Perfect support. But I suppose we are in the times of crappy outsourced engineering to cheap countries which provide cheap service so I guess thats what we get.
2017-5-9
Use props
strydr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 247927 ft
United States

Updated through the app.15min.free flight, no issues.
2017-5-9
Use props
NE.UK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 25371 ft
United Kingdom

patman89 Posted at 2017-5-9 09:29
No chance... Failed at exactly 57% as the .0600 update does :-(

Attached my logs.

I couldn't get it to work, however i moved from a mac to a windows machine and then did a fresh install of assistant 2 with a new user name and login. its finally worked
2017-5-9
Use props
NE.UK
lvl.3
United Kingdom

x1m0x Posted at 2017-5-9 12:18
BTW Why we dont have ANY interaction from DJI engineers in this thread? After we gave the company LOADS of our VERY hard earned money, I would expect at least some presence for heavens sake. Instead, total indifference.

I couldn't get it to work, however i moved from a mac to a windows machine and then did a fresh install of assistant 2 with a new user name and login. its finally worked!!!!!!!

I wasn't able to get onto .600 or .700 orignally
2017-5-9
Use props
Car147
lvl.4
Flight distance : 180351 ft
United Kingdom

Updated via the app, no issues at all. checked settings all good
2017-5-9
Use props
emonty
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1922224 ft
Netherlands

I just updated my Mavic to the latest firmware (.700)   and I got a message to calibrate the vision sensors. I can connect to the DJI Assistant 2 but it does not let me perform the calibration, it is stuck at the instructions and it does not go further to the actual calibration screen. I reinstalled the latest firmware but it still does not work.
2017-5-9
Use props
patman89
Second Officer
Flight distance : 288327 ft
Germany

NE.UK Posted at 2017-5-9 13:27
I couldn't get it to work, however i moved from a mac to a windows machine and then did a fresh install of assistant 2 with a new user name and login. its finally worked

I have tried this, too. Reinstalled DJI Assistant 2 on Windows 10 - Purged every folder (e.g. AppData). Used another native USB-Port. Created a new DJI Account and tried to upgrade directly to .0700. Same error as before. Stuck at 57% -> 2 Reboots -> fail!

UPDATE: I GOT IT!!!!!
I have done something additional to this steps above:

• Make a clean Install of DJI Assistant 2 (remove everything left unter AppData, etc)
  • Use a dedicated USB Port
  • Register a new DJI Account and use it in DJI Assistant 2
  • After the first automatic reboot at 57% I have turned off the Mavic Pro manually
  • I have removed the battery for about 1 Minute
  • I installed the same battery again and restarted the Mavic
  • The update process suddenly went above 57% and it finally came to an end successfully!

NOW: NEVER CHANGE A RUNNING SYSTEM! I NEVER EVER DO ANY FIRMWARE UPDATE AGAIN!

2017-5-9
Use props
beeper
Second Officer
Australia

DJI where is the phantom 4 update?????
2017-5-9
Use props
ShadyDealer
First Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Baldo81 Posted at 2017-5-9 01:33
I updated without any issues, I'll test it during the afternoon... First flight for my new Mavic

Best of luck! I love mine!
2017-5-9
Use props
ShadyDealer
First Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

iperov Posted at 2017-5-9 06:15
please fix memory leak in DJI GO app on android

Just get an iPhone. Much more refined UI ☺️
2017-5-9
Use props
NE.UK
lvl.3
United Kingdom

patman89 Posted at 2017-5-9 13:52
I have tried this, too. Reinstalled DJI Assistant 2 on Windows 10 - Purged every folder (e.g. AppData). Used another native USB-Port. Created a new DJI Account and tried to upgrade directly to .0700. Same error as before. Stuck at 57% -> 2 Reboots -> fail!

Win! I hope "x1m0x" has some success tomorrow!
2017-5-9
Use props
x1m0x
lvl.1
Belgium

beeper Posted at 2017-5-9 13:59
DJI where is the phantom 4 update?????

if you ask in the Phantom 4 thread you might get an answer
2017-5-9
Use props
patman89
Second Officer
Flight distance : 288327 ft
Germany

NE.UK Posted at 2017-5-9 14:50
Win! I hope "x1m0x" has some success tomorrow!

Awesome what you have figured out! This never ever would have come to my mind :-D

I hope all the best for x1m0x, too!
2017-5-9
Use props
fallsilent
Second Officer
Flight distance : 336709 ft
Canada

Another successful update.......Can't wait to fly and try it out!
2017-5-9
Use props
Sun Diego
lvl.1
United States

Just updated via DJI GO app..No issues.. Waiting go fly later.
2017-5-9
Use props
SeaComms
lvl.4
Flight distance : 568222 ft
Australia

updated last night via the DJIGO4 app on the ipad, all went smoothly in about 15 minutes. No issues.  AND...  all settings remained unchanged!
2017-5-9
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Eagle_Eye Posted at 2017-5-9 06:41
I'm still on .4 and happily flying my MP.....will park it on the fence and watch the eager beavers.

Me too, .400 is flawless on my mavric so why would I want to downgrade, I mean update?
2017-5-9
Use props
SkunkWerxs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

Patman89 , Your a genius good work
2017-5-9
Use props
x1m0x
lvl.1
Belgium

I followed your instructions precisely, even cleaned the registry of DJI leftovers and it failed twice, (I now have 3 DJI accounts..) then i did everything again on a different PC and it went up to 78% and then bang, fail . sigh. i will keep trying anyway, doesnt cost me anything. ill try on a mac and on a different pc. hopefully at one point it will work..I have the feeling I have something hardware related.
2017-5-9
Use props
PM160Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 303219 ft
United States

Upgraded and took 15 minutes. Flew right after for an hour and all is well. Very smooth firmware upgrade. No problems at all.
2017-5-9
Use props
Azaad
lvl.1
Netherlands

Please make it possible to cache video on SD card instead of Phone memory in the next update.
2017-5-9
Use props
Gary Mac
Second Officer
Flight distance : 741683 ft
United States

Lots of issues from some... thought I would add my success for those I on the fence.

Another successful update. Did a quick test flight afterwards and didn't have any issues.  Updated using iPhone 7 and DJI Go 4 app.

2017-5-9
Use props
fans7f93e7e3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 269649 ft
United States

Just to report I upgraded from .600 to .700 without any issues today.  Also got to run 3 batteries worth of flying this evening.  Stable as a rock.  Upgraded with DJI Assistant 2 through a PC/laptop.  Running on an iPad mini IOS 10.3.1  App version 4.0.8   Mavic birth date January 19th 2017.   

Jeff
2017-5-9
Use props
PM160Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 303219 ft
United States

Mavic birthday march 10th 2017

Upgraded through DJI App latest version

Using iPad mini 2 iOS 10.3.1

15 min total time

No errors
2017-5-9
Use props
ArtistFirst
Second Officer
United States

fans7cb13127 Posted at 2017-5-9 07:30
this is really really bad DJI
please tell us what to do or if you are working on this problem!
i updated my 28.march produced mavic without problems, the one produced on 23. march is not updating

If you are referring to the 818-235-0789 number you would have a better chance randomly calling someone from the phone book for info.

I am sorry but they don't know anything. I have had them give me flat our dangerous, let alone bad info.

I don't know what the process is for hiring those techs that answer that phone but the bar is LLLOOWWWW, with all due respect to DJI.
2017-5-9
Use props
ArtistFirst
Second Officer
United States

x1m0x Posted at 2017-5-9 07:10
last try , update from dji go fresh install on tablet. please note, controller is on .700. if that fails ill update everything to .550 and send it back to DJI whenever Its convenient for me. very disappointed.

I haven't been following your problems but just to be safe in case it hasn't been offered, have you tried switching cables?  Always check the cables first. I am sure you are past the but JIC.
2017-5-9
Use props
ArtistFirst
Second Officer
United States

kwi66 Posted at 2017-5-9 09:25
Updated by Android phone with no problems, but...
- the annoying "NFZ" issue was not solved!

Is this what is causing me my "weak GPS signal" for the homepoints at the RC and follow me?

I wonder if the update will fix that at all.  My whole DJI fleet has been grounded for a month because of this damn HP issue and I'm not buying a much needed and much desired I2 fully decked because of it.
2017-5-9
Use props
Danjahmouse
lvl.1
Flight distance : 163474 ft
New Zealand

jerome42 Posted at 2017-5-9 02:51
Is the NFZ Limit problem solved ?

Id like an answer to this as well. I initially upgraded but then no matter where i went it kept saying that i was in a NFZ so downgraded, have been waiting for a fix gggrrr
2017-5-9
Use props
Sangarone
lvl.3
United States

Cool-J Posted at 2017-5-9 02:31
Great but lets hope they make a new firmware where you can change the APERTURE of the 2.2 of the Mavic!!!  Thank you for your support DJI

the aperture will never change, its fixed on this lens
2017-5-9
Use props
Exeleon
lvl.1
United States

Just wanted to add, I was one who could not install the .600 FW update, but had success with a similar process you've described and the .700 update. Rather than using Assistant 2 or my Android device, I used my son's iPod Touch. The update hung at 75% the AC power cycled, I shut it down, pulled the battery and after powering back on, the update picked back up and completed successfully. I think the battery pulling is what did the trick which is odd, I would never advise anyone to pull a battery seemingly mid update of anything. Thanks for the tip! I'm glad this worked, but pretty frustrated for a number of reasons. This isn't really a solution DJI, we shouldn't have to pull batteries just update our devices, it's risky! And I get it stuff happens, but after shelling out a lot of money we shouldn't dread your RMA process and/or your bad customer service!
2017-5-9
Use props
Alex's Mavic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5423 ft
United States

Does this finally fix the follow me not working with certain iPhone 7?
2017-5-9
Use props
fans381c2ee5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33255 ft
Canada

sorry to say  after 5 day having my  new mavic & 5 days trying to update it i'm going to return it get my money back this not right I stick with Betaflight drone racing
2017-5-9
Use props
iperov
lvl.1
Flight distance : 63868 ft
Russia

ShadyDealer Posted at 2017-5-9 14:11
Just get an iPhone. Much more refined UI ☺️

no.
iPhone does not match my IQ, too simple. My grandma use iphone.
2017-5-9
Use props
trica de
First Officer
Flight distance : 1062090 ft
  • >>>
Germany

alright let me share my experience. I was using 600 and upgraded my Mavic with an iPhone 7 yesterday. No problems between the upgrade process. I flew 30 minutes and can not complain at all.
2017-5-9
Use props
Mavico
lvl.1
Flight distance : 181657 ft
Germany

I only want to say, that I never had problems with updating the Mavic, the RC nor the batteries. Most times I did it with my Mac Book Air with the assistant software. I did it also two times with the iPhone6+ directly. Everytime it worked without any problems.

But I´m following all these post and I think also, that there might be different hardware revisions out there which are producing problems with the updates. Really strange behaviour. I´ve got the Mavic Fly More Combo in mid of December 2016.

With the firmware itself I see, that there are improvements with the gimbal behaviour, but till now it is not perfect. I flew and filmed a lot with the .400, few with the .550 and the .600. Today I will try the new .700 out in the wild.

I hope for all the people with problems, that DJI will help them in a more professional way to use their expensive toys in a more satisfing way. Fingers crossed.
2017-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules