New Firmware for Mavic Pro Has Been Released(V01.03.0800)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ay6810
lvl.2
Flight distance : 76631 ft
Singapore

Bill in Ohio Posted at 2017-5-10 10:34
I updated my Mavic, RC, and the batteries updated (I guess the batteries did, since I didn't get a message on them).  Using "About"  on the menu I confirmed that the Mavic and RC are on .700 and my app is 4.0.7.   That's the good news.  The bad news is I took it out yesterday after the weather cleared up and after about 10 minutes the app disconnected.  I hit pause on the RC and positioned the Mavic at a point I felt it would be safe to bring back the app and then flew some more.  Home point stayed where it was at launch.  On the second flight it disconnected twice.  When I first got the Mavic I updated to .400 and all was well.  Everything since .500 has been problematic.  
Phone:  Samsung S7 with android 7.0 plus May update; DJI GO 4 V 4.0.7; Firmware V 01.03.0700

Hi, I have been using the lower larger USB port with no disconnection if it helps your case.. I'm on Android 7.0 on my off beat ASUS Zenfone 3 Deluxe and switched off Bluetooth and Wifi but not mobile data so that the map is functioning.  I've had problems with disconnection with the smaller USB port ever since i bought the Mavic Pro.
2017-5-11
Use props
Bintryin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 164406 ft
Australia

Look like .700 might be a winner!!
2017-5-11
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Flight distance : 288327 ft
Germany

ay6810 Posted at 2017-5-11 22:46
HI Patman89,
Thanks for the heads up!  It worked now.

Nice! Good to hear you have managed to get the latest update :-)
2017-5-12
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

i am really confused by the update system utilised by DJI ,  poor with 01.02.900,  worse with .01.03.000, then  .200 worked ok for me,  then DJI broke it in the next few, good again at .400, they broke it again after that with .500,  nearly right again with .550,  broke it again with .600,  and now nearly right again with .700   

so the questions are:-

1) is it REALLY any better now with .700 than it was back  with .200 ?
2) what is the point spending half the crafts flying life testing firmware?
3) Are we all really happy being firmware testers?
4) Why is it so hard for DJI to build working firmware for this craft?
5) Surely an update actually improves something ?
6) Why add more broken features, before fixing the basics of safe flight?

maybe theres plenty more questions ?
2017-5-12
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Germany

MikeQView Posted at 2017-5-12 05:33
i am really confused by the update system utilised by DJI ,  poor with 01.02.900,  worse with .01.03.000, then  .200 worked ok for me,  then DJI broke it in the next few, good again at .400, they broke it again after that with .500,  nearly right again with .550,  broke it again with .600,  and now nearly right again with .700   

100% Agree!

You can adopt all these points one by one to DJI Go App for Android! One version is OK the next few are broken, then it's okay again... etc
2017-5-12
Use props
fanse7d625fb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17461 ft
United States

I updated firmware on the controller through dji go app fine, then I got a message to update the firmware on the quad and did that with dji assistant 2.  Now whenever I connect the controller to the craft the dji go app is saying I need to update the firmware on the quad to the firmware I just updated to.  When I try to do this through the dji go app it downloads, and then hangs and says firmware update failed.  

I restart the controller, the phone, the mavic and it gives me the same error every time.  How do I get through these issues?
2017-5-12
Use props
ay6810
lvl.2
Flight distance : 76631 ft
Singapore

fanse7d625fb Posted at 2017-5-12 07:23
I updated firmware on the controller through dji go app fine, then I got a message to update the firmware on the quad and did that with dji assistant 2.  Now whenever I connect the controller to the craft the dji go app is saying I need to update the firmware on the quad to the firmware I just updated to.  When I try to do this through the dji go app it downloads, and then hangs and says firmware update failed.  

I restart the controller, the phone, the mavic and it gives me the same error every time.  How do I get through these issues?

What version are you at?
2017-5-12
Use props
dennyc
lvl.1
United States

ay6810 Posted at 2017-5-12 07:27
What version are you at?

according to dji assitant 2 my mavic is at v01.03.0700  but when I get ready to fly the dji go app is connecting and saying I need to upgrade to that version of the firmware.  (it already is....)  but when I try to go ahead anyway it fails.  
2017-5-12
Use props
RAMJET-1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2180843 ft
United States

MikeQView Posted at 2017-5-12 05:33

Yes, Yes, Yes, to everything you stated. I can't agree more. Safety SHOULD come first for sure. TEST the firmware and app with ALL versions of approved Android OS to be absolutely positive it is safe and then test it for functionality and reliability for the add options etc...  
Since I received my Mavic on 2-25-17 I think I started with .400fw and 4.0.3 app. I have had trouble with .500, .550 ok, .600, and then .700 seems to be fairly stable but IMHO they are getting too many bells and whistles which can be distracting in a sense for some of us. I loaded .700 2 days ago and have flown 9 test flights for 2 days. No problems but I decided last night to downgrade back to .400 to give the latest firmware and app more time to be proven. I can always upgrade but at some point .400 which in IMHO is the last proven firmware that I have faith in, will no longer be available in the near future. It's the last firmware on the downgrade list. I still believe DJI should have stand alone firmware and app. for each individual drone. Too many subroutines compiled into one operating system for multiple models slows down processor scan time as well as unexpected or unintended functions and errors that may have been accidently overlooked during the development process.     
2017-5-12
Use props
RAMJET-1
lvl.2
United States

fanse7d625fb Posted at 2017-5-12 07:23

Not sure if this will fix your problem or not but may be worth trying. Using the latest release of Asst.2 on pc, first connect the drone and downgrade to a different firmware. When complete do the same with the controller. Power down both and then do the upgrade again in the same order. I have read that the air craft should be updated first and the controller last. Don't know if it makes any difference or not but that is how I do it and haven't had any issues with updating firmware using Asst2 software on windows 10 pc.
2017-5-12
Use props
dennyc
lvl.1
United States

RAMJET-1 Posted at 2017-5-12 07:58
Not sure if this will fix your problem or not but may be worth trying. Using the latest release of Asst.2 on pc, first connect the drone and downgrade to a different firmware. When complete do the same with the controller. Power down both and then do the upgrade again in the same order. I have read that the air craft should be updated first and the controller last. Don't know if it makes any difference or not but that is how I do it and haven't had any issues with updating firmware using Asst2 software on windows 10 pc.

Before I read this I hooked a different phone (Galaxy s7 edge) to the remote and tried it again.  It finally worked all the way through this time.  Previously trying it with my Galaxy s5 that I have used as the controller and it wouldn't work.  Not sure why the difference but it seems like it worked this time.  

If I have the issue again, I will try to downgrade and then upgrade like you suggested.  This just seems klunky
2017-5-12
Use props
RAMJET-1
lvl.2
United States

dennyc Posted at 2017-5-12 08:20
Before I read this I hooked a different phone (Galaxy s7 edge) to the remote and tried it again.  It finally worked all the way through this time.  Previously trying it with my Galaxy s5 that I have used as the controller and it wouldn't work.  Not sure why the difference but it seems like it worked this time.  

If I have the issue again, I will try to downgrade and then upgrade like you suggested.  This just seems klunky

Yes, I agree. Possibly there may have been a problem with either the download or the update. Before downgrading to clean the existing data file, you can connect to pc and asst2 and do a refresh of .700 firmware on both the air craft and the remote control. It may fix the problem.
2017-5-12
Use props
noipego
lvl.3
Greece

next update give us 60mbps at 2.7K and proper NR at sharpness 0....and we're good to go
2017-5-12
Use props
Teodoro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 462648 ft
Brazil

Hello Guys,
I have made the upgrade and go fly. I have a lots of disconnect. This never happened before. The camera feed still displaying but no information about aircraft, and sometime a full disconnect. I have to unplug and plug the phone again several times to get it connected. I have no others app in the background and have reseted the phone several times.
Another question: I'm some disappointed with the horizons level and i found some videos on YouTube showing a C2 plus right well dial shortcut to adjust the level in fly. But this don't work for me, this shortcut don’t bring the adjust feature for me. What’s wrong?
Sorry for my bad English. I’m from Brasil and don’t know how to write correctly.
2017-5-12
Use props
n03l
lvl.4
Netherlands

Grrrrrr... I'm still having the NFZ problem when trying to fly indoor.
Going back to .400 again.

2017-5-12
Use props
fans1109ab43
lvl.1
Singapore

Updated my Mavic Pro from .600 to .700 using DJI Assistance 2. Previously I updated from .400 to .600 using the DJI App 4.0.7 with no issues. So this time round tried with DJI Assistance 2 via my laptop. Plugged in my RC first and I make sure I waited for the USB drivers to complete installing at the background before proceeding to update to .700. Then I did the same for my Mavic quad to .700. Both are fast and smooth. No issue. Connected my Xiaomi 3S phone and powered up the Mavic, tested flight in my house, got scolded by my wife for the strong down draft wrecking the papers and objects in the living room. Ha. So far so good, will go test flight outside these two days. Cheers.
2017-5-12
Use props
Tossy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1525712 ft
Japan

Updated successfully from .0400 to 0700 with DJI Assistant 2 (Windows 10).

My mavic had the NFZ Limit issue on .0600.
However, NFZ limit issue fixed on .0700.

But today is rainy.
I will do a flight test tomorrow.
2017-5-12
Use props
Tossy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1525712 ft
Japan

n03l Posted at 2017-5-12 12:34

Hello.

Have you tried uninstall, clear all data, re-install the DJI GO4 app?
I tried it with firmware update to .0700.
So, Fixed now.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &fromuid=578359
2017-5-12
Use props
Merlin 2512
lvl.2
Flight distance : 139406 ft
Australia

Unbelievable. Still no joy :-(
DJI "Natalia" gives me access to degrade to v.035 to try and upgrade to v.060 or v.070. Neither works! Still stuck on max v.050. They MUST recognise a major problem with a bad batch, and FIX IT!  FIX IT! FIX IT!
2017-5-13
Use props
videosnoken 7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 309144 ft
Norway

SeaComms Posted at 2017-5-9 15:25
updated last night via the DJIGO4 app on the ipad, all went smoothly in about 15 minutes. No issues.  AND...  all settings remained unchanged!

My settings changed..
2017-5-13
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Germany

Merlin 2512 Posted at 2017-5-13 00:03
Unbelievable. Still no joy :-(
DJI "Natalia" gives me access to degrade to v.035 to try and upgrade to v.060 or v.070. Neither works! Still stuck on max v.050. They MUST recognise a major problem with a bad batch, and FIX IT!  FIX IT! FIX IT!

Have you started the video recording before you tried to install v.0700? You Need to keep the recording running through the whole update process.

Check this:
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;page=2#pid795355
2017-5-13
Use props
The Doctor
lvl.2
Flight distance : 258186 ft
Sweden

0.600 to 0.700 using Assistant 2 on Mac and running GO4 4.0.8 for IOS.....this was the first firmware update that didn't change all my settings. Must be a bit of DJI software randomness to keep us on our toes!
2017-5-13
Use props
Teodoro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 462648 ft
Brazil

Hi Everyone !
After the upgrade i start getting the NFZ and have been disconnected several times in the same fly.
I live near an airport so i guess the NFZ is due to imprecision GPS at start or indoor. I don't have NFZ when i'm outdoor with good GPS
I will fly again today and see if i have others disconnects issues. I never had a disconnection before. The video feed is OK but all data is N/A and i have the red disconnected status. I tried several times to close and reopen the app, kill the app, turn of the phone, take out of the control and put it again... Once i have a disconnect issue it becomes very difficult to reconnect.
2017-5-13
Use props
rreindl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6491926 ft
United States

I upgraded with no issues with the upgrading process and a test flight.
2017-5-13
Use props
x1m0x
lvl.2
Belgium

n03l Posted at 2017-5-12 12:34

if you dont get gps lock, youll get nfz . I get nfz at home always, i move the drone near a window or something and it locks gps and ready to go; (unless you LIVE in a NFZ)
2017-5-13
Use props
nagra
lvl.1
Netherlands

Hello Bought the magic pro this week. Also have the update problems. Have returned the unit to the shop and they contacted DJI and they told the story about the record button. They have done this and unit has been updated corrected.
2017-5-13
Use props
Time2Party
Second Officer
Flight distance : 169314 ft
Belgium

x1m0x Posted at 2017-5-13 09:22
if you dont get gps lock, youll get nfz . I get nfz at home always, i move the drone near a window or something and it locks gps and ready to go; (unless you LIVE in a NFZ)

I do not have the NFZ problem without GPS signal or inside, i can fly in ATTI mode.
What I have do it update the Mavic and RC on the PC with DJI Assist 2, then start with a new phone (clean) install the new DJI app and connect.
No problem to fly without GPS signal, inside or outside.

2017-5-13
Use props
Tahoe Flyer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 122215 ft
United States

I have to update through the app anymore. When I connect to the DJI program on my computer it knocks out the wifi.
2017-5-13
Use props
Rich79
New
Flight distance : 47851 ft
United States

.700 works for me.  No problems.
2017-5-13
Use props
NoSale
lvl.3
Flight distance : 460958 ft
United States

Upgrade to .700 on iOS.  First attempt failed.  But on retry, had complete success.  Great weather today, so made many flights.  All is good.........
2017-5-13
Use props
fans8ad9eb06
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9498 ft
United States

Just purchased today. Remote ap is saying firmware upgrade required. Five hours later still not able to complete upgrade through remote ap or assistant 2. This is beyond frustrating. Also getting firmware mismatch warnings. Haven't flown yet and about to throw in the towel already. Should have read these forums before purchasing I guess. Only saving grace is I didn't order online and waited until it was in stock locally. Can't believe such demand for this lemon.
2017-5-13
Use props
fans8a55d063
lvl.1
Flight distance : 258855 ft
Australia

Hi
I luve in Auatralia. My mavic wont upgrade to .6 or.7 firmware either.  U contacted chat support and they told me their is a problem in the mother board and they dont quite kniw what the problem is.  But they are aware of it.  So it must be a particular batch.   So they said i must send it for repair.  Our consumer laws here state that if it is not fit for its purpose they must offer a replacement or money back.  
2017-5-13
Use props
srg
lvl.2
United States

I sent my original Mavic in for repair after the .600 update bricked the gimbal. I was very nervous about trying this update, but everything went smooth.   My original Mavic had a build date in February, the new one was in April.  
2017-5-13
Use props
Kcontedrone
New
United States

After doing the update I turn my controller and drone off then on and did a test flight inside and the drone was very unsteady, drifting everywhereand then ended up crashing it into the curtain,  luckily it was a soft landing ...  i'm not sure what to do !
2017-5-13
Use props
fans6c44dc60
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Upgraded today, first try failed , second try I turned of mobile data and only used wifi and the whole thing took about 10 minutes. Can't wait to burn a few batteries. Fingers crossed of course.
2017-5-13
Use props
Buressy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1105033 ft
  • >>>
France

I have problems with the update. It does not download. I get to the download page, the icon with the download symbol stays for ever but I don't think it downloads. If I click on the symbol I get the message " upgrade underway...however I waited for more than 30 minutes and nothing happens. Can someone help me?
2017-5-13
Use props
Buressy
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

Hello, I tried several times but the upgrade fails all the times. What can I do?
2017-5-14
Use props
Buressy
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

As addition to my earlier post, after many unsuccessful attempts to upgrade with my Android / Samsung  Galaxy 5, I have tried to upgrade by switching to my older Iphone...the upgrade went perfectly well.  This means that there is definitely a problem with Android devices.
2017-5-14
Use props
hoderer
New
Germany

I gave up trying to update the mavic via my mobile phone. I tried Sony Xperia Z1 Compact (on rooted 5.1.1 Lollipop) and Z5 Compact (on rooted 6.0.1 Marshmallow) - no luck (slow download, freezes sooner or later everytime). At least it worked fine with DJI Assistent on my PC (first try). I really don't know what DJI is doing,  but they definitely have to change something in the update function via android (or mobile phones in general, I read some iPhone-Users had problems as well). Let's hope for some bug fixing... But it's annoying to be some kind of a beta tester... :-(

The DJI Go App really slows down my mobile devices. It seems like to be a very 'heavy' app relating to the use of RAM and CPU power. On my slower phone (Z1C) my WiFi does disconnect here and there, if I close the DJI Go App, everything is fine. It seems like the App is a bit more my phone can handle. I would say: not well programmed...
2017-5-14
Use props
fans243af76a
lvl.1

United States

fans8ad9eb06 Posted at 2017-5-13 18:44
Just purchased today. Remote ap is saying firmware upgrade required. Five hours later still not able to complete upgrade through remote ap or assistant 2. This is beyond frustrating. Also getting firmware mismatch warnings. Haven't flown yet and about to throw in the towel already. Should have read these forums before purchasing I guess. Only saving grace is I didn't order online and waited until it was in stock locally. Can't believe such demand for this lemon.

If you are going to update through the app be sure to turn off WiFi and update using cell data connection, or use dji assistant 2 on computer, as soon as the controller is turned on it will cause some major interference with WiFi signals
2017-5-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules