New Firmware for Mavic Pro Has Been Released(V01.03.0800)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vinviral
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12556 ft
United States

I am trying to update from 400(factory default) to 700. @Natalia - Could you please help? I bought this drone 4 hr before travel to Hawaii for anniversary trip, Now i have been trying to fly this thing but it requires firmware update. I have tried Go 4 app and Assistant 2 software.  I have also tried to upgrade RC and Aircraft separately. The RC is on latest firmware and aircraft is on .400.

Please add my email to list to downgrade to .350. I have PM'd you email. Else it's viral.eng@gmail.com

2017-6-2
Use props
fansfd6af3c5
lvl.2
Canada

Hello, I updated to the latest FW .700, but my gimbal calibration always fails at 31%, does anybody else have this issue?
2017-6-4
Use props
pixelperspective
Second Officer
Flight distance : 417844 ft
Philippines

Just updated to the latest firmware about a day ago, everything seems to work just fine
2017-6-7
Use props
fans015d3523
lvl.3
Flight distance : 467799 ft
Spain

In case of disconnected app. the limitations are the same ??...(in RTH).
2017-6-8
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Firmware 800, does it mean that if there is no internet connection (example in flight mode) then we can only fly the Mavic within 50m and 30m high?
2017-6-8
Use props
fans015d3523
lvl.3
Spain

Every last updated firmware is worst !.
2017-6-8
Use props
fans8b49495e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 75105 ft
Russia

A lot of misunderstanding around these restrictions, though there is nothing new comparing to GO4 4.1.0 release notes. You will be restricted only if you're not logged in in the app (GO4 or Litchi or any other compatible), which doesn't require instant connection - only single action to re-login after app update. Or in rare case when you fly without the app at all.

Another thing which is really disappointing - absence of Spark modes. Waited for them to be added so hard! Should we hope for .900 to include them?
2017-6-8
Use props
fans8b49495e
lvl.2
Russia

@DJI Support
I think to stop the whole mess starting around FW update here and on mavicpilots, you guys should update the release notes and write it down very clearly:

Being logged-in, DOESN'T MEAN it's required to be connected to network while flying.
2017-6-8
Use props
fans015d3523
lvl.3
Spain

fans8b49495e Posted at 2017-6-8 04:59
@DJI Support
I think to stop the whole mess starting around FW update here and on mavicpilots, you guys should update the release notes and write it down very clearly:

And the return to home, the same meters ?
2017-6-8
Use props
Drseussami
lvl.4
Flight distance : 108002 ft
United States

For the love of god DJI, PLEASE start a NEW THREAD when you release firmware! Why do you just change the title and leave OLD posts? C'mon....
2017-6-8
Use props
Forden
New
France

I subscribe to this post, because I'd like answers like other users on this 0800 firmware :
- What if the device get disconnected during Mavic's flight ? Will it go all alone into range ? What if there are obstacles ?
- And what if we're in Waypoints mode : for example in Litchi you were able to even shut the remote down. What now ?
- How will the RTH work if it was locked on higher height ( than 30m ) and device get disconnected ?
- What happens if there's no cellular/data connection where we flight ? Regarding the connected/logged into app ?

When people flight other 1000$ drone, you can't just put a sentence int he release note without explaining the risks they are taking in upgrading...
Regards
2017-6-8
Use props
a_makarovsky
lvl.2
Russia

My opinion is that DJI should work harder on describing the updates and using the proper language to avoid any misunderstanding.
They should clearly state that:
- it is required to use the device with Go4 or other compatible App
- it is required to log in into DJI Account in Go4 App ONCE after update to 4.1.0 and don't sign-out

instead of writing very misleading "when not connected or logged into the app during flight", making people think that we need internet connection.

Therefore "What if"-questions  about disconnection between the app and remote / remote and aircraft while flying make total sense.
2017-6-8
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

x1m0x Posted at 2017-5-9 03:14
I had the problem , could not update to .600 so left it on .550, i now tried to update from GO and it hanged at 74% and failed, trying again, I will also try from assistant....

Describe exactly how you are doing it on DJI Assistant.  That might help us understand what is happening.  I just updated to the 01.03.08 firmware, had already updated to DJI go4 v 4.1 and flew without any incident.  Flew out to 1262 feet and around my suburban area, tried active track and it worked just fine.  Also had video on for large portion.  Flew down to low battery and then landed.

I used DJI Asst 2 with usb cable in charging port, and both RC and MP on and connected.  Then turned on Asst 2.  Took about 10 minutes and there are times when you think what's it doing with long pause around 63% and again at 94% (or about since I was doing other things and just checking up as it went along).
2017-6-8
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

patman89 Posted at 2017-5-9 04:36
I never figured out how to up-/downgrade the battery?! Can you tell me how you see the battery-firmware?
I have 3 batteries from fly more combo and usually I have only one battery connected to the Mavic while updating the firmware. Never got prompted to do an update with the other batteries.

Battery updates after you put it in the drone.  I also have 3 batteries and each one gets it's update after it is in and MP turned on.
2017-6-8
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Baldo81 Posted at 2017-5-9 05:15
I had my very first flight with the MP... so far so good with FW .700 ;)

Did you mean .08?  FW v .1.03.0700 came out 2017,05.09 and .08 came out, today, 2017.06.08
2017-6-8
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

iperov Posted at 2017-5-9 06:15
please fix memory leak in DJI GO app on android

Please explain what the memory leak is?  How do you detect, etc.
2017-6-8
Use props
No1much
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143878 ft
United States

If you like your Mavic as it is, there's no need to upgrade- you could if you wanted to, but lots of Mavic owners seem to have a favorite firmware they find they like above others.

Before updating, it's generally a good idea to have a clear idea of what the new software will add or change about your drone as much as possible, so you're as prepared as you can be for any changes when using it.

As for me, firmware 700 works okay for me. I liked some things better in older firmwares, but I know what I'm using right now gives me a pleasing experience and I don't feel I, my Mavic or those around me are potentially in danger at any time. If some potentially harmful or undesired behavior comes to light in what I'm using, then I'll upgrade as soon as there's a firmware to address the problems I have.

TL;DR: Mavics may be mass-produced, but the drone and the setup you use aren't the exact same as what others are using. If a new firmware only offers fixes to problems I've never had, I like to keep my current firmware, because every time a programmer changes his or her software, there's potential for new bugs to crop up.

I think what I'm saying is, I'm glad you had a nice flight, and while upgrading shouldn't present any problems, if you're not having problems already, updating firmwares is all up to you.
2017-6-8
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi Bill
Have you tried to fly with your device in flight mode yet (no internet)? Can you still fly out more than 50m?
Thanks
2017-6-8
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Forden Posted at 2017-6-8 05:17
I subscribe to this post, because I'd like answers like other users on this 0800 firmware :
- What if the device get disconnected during Mavic's flight ? Will it go all alone into range ? What if there are obstacles ?
- And what if we're in Waypoints mode : for example in Litchi you were able to even shut the remote down. What now ?

There are two connections remote control to drone and App to remote control.  When your app disconnects - you lose video, but the RC in your hand is still connected.  I had this happen a fair amount until I  changed my Samsung S7 settings on display down to 1920 x 1080 and display mode to "basic".  Several times I was either in POI or Active Track and although the app went down, it continued to follow control inputs into circling the house or circling/following me.  Pause button on RC disconnected it.  Flew it back then reestablished my app, by hitting left button and tapping on app.  A couple times that did not work and I closed the app and then it restarted or I restarted it.  Home point stayed the same in each case as it was at takeoff.  RC disconnect should prompt RTH in 3 sec, unless using the wifi mode then it is 10 sec.
I highly recommend you read the manual, there is a really good explanation of RTH in each of three inflight scenarios.  I have reread various parts as I run into issues or read about someone's problem.  In flight training you are tested on knowledge of your aircraft, tested in simulators on systems and what if emergencies.  I am a beginner on the drone, so I have kept it close learned how to return it home when it is a dot in the sky manually.  I have also triggered the RTH from the RC and the app to see how it behaves.  I have allowed the drone to trigger RTH.

Good luck.
2017-6-8
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hungdang Posted at 2017-6-8 06:23
Hi Bill
Have you tried to fly with your device in flight mode yet (no internet)? Can you still fly out more than 50m?
Thanks

I have flown all my flights with cell available, because I am still practicing as much as I can each day just outside in my front yard in a suburban area.  I will try doing it with airplane mode on.  I usually turn wifi off.

There is a video tutorial on the procedures on NFZ for out of cell / wifi range.  This is how to unlock Geo-NFZ zones.  http://forum.dji.com/thread-94993-1-1.html
2017-6-8
Use props
Asainz320
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1061594 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can someone that already updated test out flying the Mavic without a phone? Sounds like we wont be able to do that now. I really hope its just a translation misunderstanding.
2017-6-8
Use props
a_makarovsky
lvl.2
Russia

Can anyone, who have already updated, confirm, whether the downgrade to .400 is still available?
2017-6-8
Use props
VMav
lvl.2
Flight distance : 76814 ft
United States

Bill in Ohio Posted at 2017-6-8 06:09

simple way is with logcat or with some OS monitoring apps from play store.

It might be not memory leak per se (there are different kind of resources in OS).  When DJ GO 4 become laggy and then crashes it most likely some resources shortage due to it's leaking, so Android OS finally would kill offensive application or in some cases would die itself.
2017-6-8
Use props
jpap
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1780679 ft
Greece

a_makarovsky Posted at 2017-6-8 06:55
Can anyone, who have already updated, confirm, whether the downgrade to .400 is still available?

This is not possible since a few weeks
2017-6-8
Use props
Dronoob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 126079 ft
Germany

Bill in Ohio Posted at 2017-6-8 06:09

All apps need some memory. The most simple example is to calculate 1 + 1. For that operation you must store 1 in memory, you must store another 1 in memory then the device performs a calculation and it stores the result (2) in memory, too. If the app forgets to tell Android that is does not need 1 + 1 in memory anymore, the next calculations start to constantly fill the memory. At some point, the system does not have anymore free memory and is not able to perform more calculation. In that case the app dies or - if a so-called native library is concerned - the whole system dies.

I doubt that memory leaks are the root cause for the app freezes, because a memory leak shuts down the device immediately. But I have only experienced freezes so far. I have seen many, many, many crashes when the RC connection to the Mavic was bad. I guess some of DJI's native libraries is not able to handle this very well and the app crashes.
2017-6-8
Use props
Ron in Utah
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10902 ft
United States

What happens if the app crashes when the Mavic is already beyond the height and distance limits set for operation without the app?
2017-6-8
Use props
FPVJunkie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 66421 ft
United States

Next time someone is out flying their Mavic, set your phone to "Airplane Mode" and try flying it outside the given parameters. I'm 99% positive it will still work. As stated many times, you only need your device connected to the internet once while doing the upgrade/logged in to the app. From there, you should be able to fly your Mav as normal with or without cell service.

This is terrible wording though: "For increased safety, the flight is restricted to a height of 30 m and distance of 50 m when not connected or logged into the app during flight, including DJI GO 4 and all apps compatible with DJI aircraft."

When I read that, it makes me think that I always have to to have my device installed in the controller, even if I am using my Goggles. I'm going to have to test this out, but we are forecasted for high winds all throughout the weekend, so IDK if I'll be able to.
2017-6-8
Use props
Tealk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 479613 ft
Romania

anyone updated ?
2017-6-8
Use props
jamesw
lvl.3
Flight distance : 169364 ft
United States

I hit the "Ignore" button when I was presented with the option to install the firmware. Does anyone know what will happen next?
2017-6-8
Use props
pllphoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8903051 ft
  • >>>
United States

4K is not possible on this firmware. Up to 2.7K now.
2017-6-8
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
France

Yes, RC/Aircraft and Goggles, no issues here. Took 20 mins.
2017-6-8
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Its about time DJI got off the fence and come onto the forum, and started answering some of these questions,  or at least put out a brief written so that it is clear and understandable,  of exactly what will and what will not be  Achievable or required with the latest firmwares,  stating clearly what restrictions will be in place,  maybe something like this:-

Hi devoted customers,  with the latest version xx.xx.xxx  Firmwares , and Go app Version xx.xx.xx,  you will experience:-
A) your craft will only fly  xx mtrs - X - xx mtrs with RC and craft only!  without a screen device as interface.
B) Your craft will have full and proper flight capabilities when you have internet connectivity and logged into the screen device App,  however it will also follow the new NFZ limits.
C) Your craft will only fly xx mtrs -  X -  xx mtrs with a screen device connected and no internet connectivity, but logged in to the screen device App.
D)  Etc etc

for a multimillion dollar company surely it cant be that difficult !  especially as they wrote the program !   
2017-6-8
Use props
StephenGSY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 814232 ft
Guernsey

FPVJunkie Posted at 2017-6-8 09:03
Next time someone is out flying their Mavic, set your phone to "Airplane Mode" and try flying it outside the given parameters. I'm 99% positive it will still work. As stated many times, you only need your device connected to the internet once while doing the upgrade/logged in to the app. From there, you should be able to fly your Mav as normal with or without cell service.

This is terrible wording though: "For increased safety, the flight is restricted to a height of 30 m and distance of 50 m when not connected or logged into the app during flight, including DJI GO 4 and all apps compatible with DJI aircraft."

Yes it does work. Ive tried it although briefly as was starting to rain.
2017-6-8
Use props
jeffmossy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 798409 ft
United Kingdom

Updated mine and took out for a test fly , 3.500km and no issues . Started to rain so had to bring it home
2017-6-8
Use props
jeffmossy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 798409 ft
United Kingdom

Sorry should say 3500m
2017-6-8
Use props
Nikon 1
lvl.4
United States

Updated this morning and the biggest issue was when Go4 said the .800 was downloaded the app just sat there.  I had to shut down the AC & RC then power them both up and Go4 installed the .800 update with no further burps.  It updated the battery, the RC and the AC and took between 15 & 18 minutes.

I shut everything down, recharged the battery and took it out for a flight - with my iPad Mini 4 in airplane mode - and flew completely fine.  No distance or height restrictions outside of the normal Mavic ones.

It seems to hover better but I saw no real changes - good or bad.  Painless and quick update.

Thanks, DJI!
2017-6-8
Use props
fans77cdaa2a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 297694 ft
Germany

pllphoto Posted at 2017-6-8 11:30

Me the same. No 4K - Unbelievable.
2017-6-8
Use props
fans77cdaa2a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 297694 ft
Germany

pllphoto Posted at 2017-6-8 11:30

Found the issue. Go to HD Settings and Change from HD to Normal. Now you can select 4K Resolution for the cam.
2017-6-8
Use props
Car147
lvl.3
Flight distance : 180351 ft
Finland

Nikon 1 Posted at 2017-6-8 13:18
Updated this morning and the biggest issue was when Go4 said the .800 was downloaded the app just sat there.  I had to shut down the AC & RC then power them both up and Go4 installed the .800 update with no further burps.  It updated the battery, the RC and the AC and took between 15 & 18 minutes.

I shut everything down, recharged the battery and took it out for a flight - with my iPad Mini 4 in airplane mode - and flew completely fine.  No distance or height restrictions outside of the normal Mavic ones.

Mine did the same, and i also shutdown and restarted the .800 download and all was well.
2017-6-8
Use props
bomberuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16759 ft
United Kingdom

fansfd6af3c5 Posted at 2017-6-4 09:06
Hello, I updated to the latest FW .700, but my gimbal calibration always fails at 31%, does anybody else have this issue?

CAN WE STILL FLY INDOORS WITH THIS FIRMWARE AS 600 AND 700 WOULD SHOW A NFZ AND WEEK GPS INSIDE
2017-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules