Osmo Mobile turns itself off after a few minutes
2089 5 2017-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RabyPorsche
New
United Kingdom

Hi

I've just bought an Omso Mobile and car mount, to make short reviews of cars. I have the mount attached to the inside of the windscreen and the Osmo attached to it upside down.

After just a few minutes of filming, the Osmo flops down and appears to turn off, although the camera continues to record. Switching the Osmo back on brings it back to life but the problem recurs soon after.

Any advice welcome.

Thanks

Phil
2017-5-9
Use props
fans70bb507a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19370 ft
Italy

Hi!
Did you well balance the bracket prior to switch on the Osmo? Which mobile you've installed on it? Usually reason for what Osmo flops down is to prevent motor overheating and avoid damages.
2017-5-9
Use props
RabyPorsche
New
United Kingdom

fans70bb507a Posted at 2017-5-9 05:44
Hi!
Did you well balance the bracket prior to switch on the Osmo? Which mobile you've installed on it? Usually reason for what Osmo flops down is to prevent motor overheating and avoid damages.

Thanks for replying. I thought I  had balanced it but will try again. I was using an iPhone 6S.

Would the fact the Osmo was upside down have an effect?

Phil
2017-5-9
Use props
fans70bb507a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19370 ft
Italy

RabyPorsche Posted at 2017-5-9 06:25
Thanks for replying. I thought I  had balanced it but will try again. I was using an iPhone 6S.

Would the fact the Osmo was upside down have an effect?

If it is well balanced, then I really don't know what could be the reason, moreover I use an Android device... I'm sorry but I don't know how to help you out.
Did you contact DJI support? They have a chat and usually they respond quickly.
2017-5-9
Use props
RabyPorsche
New
United Kingdom

fans70bb507a Posted at 2017-5-9 06:49
If it is well balanced, then I really don't know what could be the reason, moreover I use an Android device... I'm sorry but I don't know how to help you out.
Did you contact DJI support? They have a chat and usually they respond quickly.

thanks, I will try that.

I have seen references to the Osmo going into protection mode if the car accelerates too quickly. Not sure what too quickly is though!

Phil
2017-5-9
Use props
tofudrifter
New
United States

RabyPorsche Posted at 2017-5-9 07:10
thanks, I will try that.

I have seen references to the Osmo going into protection mode if the car accelerates too quickly. Not sure what too quickly is though!

I have my OSMO mobile hooked up to samsung S8 (not plus) and I get the same exact error. It goes into Limp mode. Everything is on, and I would need to pulldown on the power button to rebalance to neutral position. So annoying especially if you are in the middle of driving which is not safe.

2017-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules