Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Pro Crash Camera no longer working
11777 18 2017-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GeorgeM1956
New
Flight distance : 3816 ft
United States

Ok, I soft landed in a cedar tree. Was in sport mode and of  course misjudged the distance needed to stop. Any Cedar's are soft and I was in full braking mode when it "landed" in a upper branch and got stuck. Finally worked it off the branch and I think this is what did it in, going down it bounced off a few more branches then did about a 10 foot free fall to the ground. Now the camera image is totally black. I can playback footage, even of the crash but normal connection to the drone only show a black screen. Is there a connection that might have come loose or have I broken the CCD inside the camera?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

George

2017-5-9
Use props
patman89
Second Officer
Flight distance : 288327 ft
Germany

The camera itself is very robust. I guess a cable become loose or damage during your crash. I don't know if this can be fixed by yourself, if you are not affraid of loosing warranty, you can detach your gimbal and check every cable - if it still not work after re-assemble you need to send it for repair.

2017-5-9
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

The Mavic's gimbal doesn't have a very good crash survival rate. If you're handy with electronics you might be able to fix it yourself, but otherwise you'll need to send it either to DJI or a third-party repair show. Depending on where you're located there may be one that's local to you, or you can send it to someone like this.

Of course, if you have Care Refresh then you're essentially guaranteed a repair or replacement for no more than $79, but since you didn't mention it I'm guessing you don't.
2017-5-9
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
United States

I suggest holding the camera gently between two fingers and move it GENTLY all the way to either extreme direction but DO NOT force it beyond it's limit. After a rough landing caused by a wind gust, I had to do these steps several times and the camera was back in working condition agaim. It has been 3 month and no with no problems.

Good luck!
2017-5-9
Use props
GeorgeM1956
New
United States

Thank you DroneFlying and dronist.  The clip of removing the gimble is golden! My background is in electronics so licking my chops now that I know the steps to access the gimble. First I'm going to try dronist's suggestion. Hey, if that works it's just as  golden and the repair clip! Thank you both!

George
2017-5-10
Use props
GeorgeM1956
New
United States

dronist, I am assuming I'm doing this rotation with the power off, correct?
2017-5-10
Use props
GeorgeM1956
New
United States

God! That worked! Never will I doubt the power of forums, it's brilliant members and the internet! Bravo!  Thank You dronist!
2017-5-10
Use props
SkunkWerxs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

GeorgeM1956 Posted at 2017-5-10 04:58
God! That worked! Never will I doubt the power of forums, it's brilliant members and the internet! Bravo!  Thank You dronist!

DroneFlying and Dronist are the MAVIC God's lollllll
2017-5-10
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
United States

My Pleasure... I am glad you are up flying again!   

It is just happened to me yesterday. I wanted it to clean the lens of the camera, but someone called and I did it with one hand,  {:4_177:}  so I turned the MP on and whatttt? The screen is black. So I did the magic flip and VOILA! The screen is back on.
2017-5-10
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
United States

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-5-10 05:05
DroneFlying and Dronist are the MAVIC God's lollllll

SkunkWerxs, stop it, you make me  

I maglad he got it to work and he saved himself the hassle and the headache of the 'RETURN TO NO MANS LAND'...
2017-5-10
Use props
SkunkWerxs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-5-10 08:05
SkunkWerxs, stop it, you make me  

I maglad he got it to work and he saved himself the hassle and the headache of the 'RETURN TO NO MANS LAND'...

dronist , Your camera gimbal fix is one for my book , it's smart, EZ to do, worth a shot and
             more then likely will work!!!!!!!!! B4 sending off to the RMA bottomless pit
{:4_177:}

2017-5-11
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
United States

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-5-11 02:56
dronist , Your camera gimbal fix is one for my book , it's smart, EZ to do, worth a shot and
             more then likely will work!!!!!!!!! B4 sending off to the RMA bottomless pit

I am with you on this ' BOTTOMLESS PIT, or maybe to the 'TWILIGHT ZONE',  or 'NO WHERE LAND', or 'ALICE WONDERLAND' or ...  
2017-5-11
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
United States

George,

Maybe you should EDIT the title and add ' BUT IT IS FIXED NOW' so more people can see it and maybe would help them as well and save them the AGONY of SkunkWerxs 'BOTTOMLESS PIT' syndrome  
2017-5-11
Use props
GeorgeM1956
New
United States

Don't know how to do that or I certainly would....
2017-5-15
Use props
Wizzy 8
New
Flight distance : 2595 ft
Vietnam

dronist Posted at 2017-5-9 06:44
I suggest holding the camera gently between two fingers and move it GENTLY all the way to either extreme direction but DO NOT force it beyond it's limit. After a rough landing caused by a wind gust, I had to do these steps several times and the camera was back in working condition agaim. It has been 3 month and no with no problems.

Good luck!

Do you do this with the drone turned on or off thanks?
2017-8-26
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
Switzerland

Wizzy 8 Posted at 2017-8-26 21:21
Do you do this with the drone turned on or off thanks?

No, Drone turned OFF!
2017-8-27
Use props
Idan Carel
New

Israel

Hi george! i just wanted to know what did you do to fix your mavic pro cam?
2017-11-13
Use props
stewart andrews
New

United States

dronist Posted at 2017-5-9 06:44

Good luck!

Hi, ran into the issue of the black screen. Are you rotating just the camera or the Gimble as well? Is there anyway for you to give slightly more info on how to do this? Thanks.
2018-1-19
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
United States

stewart andrews Posted at 2018-1-19 18:46
Hi, ran into the issue of the black screen. Are you rotating just the camera or the Gimble as well? Is there anyway for you to give slightly more info on how to do this? Thanks.

First hold the gimble and rotate and then do the same for the camera.
2018-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules