Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Fix FW Updates Not Being Installed Issue
1774 14 2017-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

Hello , I've had my share of FW update issues . We all know that DJI is a little sloppy with there software applications.
This is how I update my FW all the time now since .200 ---- I only use a hard wire connection to upgrade the FW it does take a little longer
cause you have to do the Controller and Aircraft one at a time ---- Do Not Trust the wireless transfer of FW data from the controller
to the aircraft ---- I use a Micro USB to the Micro USB connection on the top side of the controller Not to the standard USB on the
underside of the controller , Run Assist2 download the FW, wait -- Then the FW starts to install, wait - it will install to 99% then it reboots
the controller, wait!!! then it will say complete 100% now hit the back button on the top right side of the screen - go back to the main
FW update page and make sure the FW you just installed is confirmed as Current FW
Now do the same to the AC --- don't rush it , let it run and do it's thing !!!!!!!!!
I use Windows 7 to do my FW upgrades and found this Method to work flawlessly while B4 I was updating the Controller and AC at the
same time -- I would also experienced system hangs only to find out later that one did not update or both did not update even though
the A2 did say 100% complete   
Make sure your USB cable is "GOOD" ---- Also try a shorter USB cable to the PC
Using a PC or Mac is much better then a phone or tablet!!!
If all else fails, NE.UK and Patman89 have another solution

"The users NE.UK / PATMAN89 SOLUTION" totally weird solution, but it works:

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;page=3#pid791810

FlySafe-FlyFree
2017-5-9
Use props
fans9ffe2d5d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3504731 ft
United States

Hi, how do I confirm that both RC and Craft are updated with the latest FW correctly? Going to the GO app "General Setting" and then scroll to "About"? Whatever FW version shown will be the correctly updated one?

Thank you for your kind advice in advance.
2017-5-9
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

fans9ffe2d5d Posted at 2017-5-9 06:23
Hi, how do I confirm that both RC and Craft are updated with the latest FW correctly? Going to the GO app "General Setting" and then scroll to "About"? Whatever FW version shown will be the correctly updated one?

Thank you for your kind advice in advance.

"Whatever FW version shown will be the correctly updated one"
Whatever FW version shown should be the latest version you installed
Yes you can confirm it that way too  --- I've also noticed that the way you are going to confirm , that it does not
always show up as fast as confirming in A2
2017-5-9
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Flight distance : 288327 ft
Germany

And what do you do if the upgrade of the AC fails? I didn't manage to get FW 01.03.0600 and I have tried almost every combination (update AC only (Assistant 2), update AC via RC (Assistant 2), update via DJI Go App, etc). No success at all :-( I hope the newest update works without any problems - can't wait to get home and try it :-)
2017-5-9
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

patman89 Posted at 2017-5-9 06:40
And what do you do if the upgrade of the AC fails? I didn't manage to get FW 01.03.0600 and I have tried almost every combination (update AC only (Assistant 2), update AC via RC (Assistant 2), update via DJI Go App, etc). No success at all :-( I hope the newest update works without any problems - can't wait to get home and try it :-)

Pat, continue to run the update FW again , FW 01.03.0600 had given me problems too
I believe I ran that update 3 time on the AC before it was finally accepted and installed
I would never install updating both the Remote and AC at the same time  
I never had a problem with the FW updates on the Remote Controller
So logically thinking what was the one thing that was different between the PC, Remote and AC
the difference was the Remote connected to the PC by the USB so I started updating the FW to
them individually, and never had to run a FW upgrade more then 3 times in order for it to install

2017-5-9
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Germany

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-5-9 07:43
Pat, continue to run the update FW again , FW 01.03.0600 had given me problems too
I believe I ran that update 3 time on the AC before it was finally accepted and installed
I would never install updating both the Remote and AC at the same time  

I've just tried to get directly to .0700 without success. Same issue, always fails at 57%. Now trying to update via DJI GO App...

UPDATE: even with the 3rd try no success. If interessted anyone can check the logs from DJI Assistant 2 I have attached...

log.zip (435.32 KB, Down times: 0)
2017-5-9
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

patman89 Posted at 2017-5-9 09:33
I've just tried to get directly to .0700 without success. Same issue, always fails at 57%. Now trying to update via DJI GO App...

Pat , are you using a PC or a phone to update ?
2017-5-9
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Germany

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-5-9 12:31
Pat , are you using a PC or a phone to update ?

Tried both:

Updated only the Mavic via PC and Assistant -  hung up at 57%

Updated Mavic via RC which has been connected to PC and Assistant - hung up at 79%

Updated via DJI GO App on Android (tried 4.0.5 & 4.0.7) - hung up at 74%

Always with the Error mentioned in this thread:

https://forum.dji.com/thread-75504-1-1.html

Maybe we can get this hotfix for Mavic aswell? DJI Natalia?
2017-5-9
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Germany

My guess is that there might be an incompatibility with a hardware component - maybe a newer/older revision of an electronical part. Or my second guess is a corrupt file from previous failed uptdate which still exists on the Mavics internal storrage. This file can prevent the drone from getting further updates, because it can not be overwritten.
2017-5-9
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

patman89 Posted at 2017-5-9 13:24
My guess is that there might be an incompatibility with a hardware component - maybe a newer/older revision of an electronical part. Or my second guess is a corrupt file from previous failed uptdate which still exists on the Mavics internal storrage. This file can prevent the drone from getting further updates, because it can not be overwritten.

Pat , Sorry this didn't work for you , I think DJI Natalia is your best bet now B4 the dreaded R-M-A
2017-5-9
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Germany

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-5-9 15:24
Pat , Sorry this didn't work for you , I think DJI Natalia is your best bet now B4 the dreaded R-M-A

Nevermind. I got it

For more information take a look at this - toally weird solution, but it works:
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;page=3#pid791810
2017-5-9
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

patman89 Posted at 2017-5-9 15:40
Nevermind. I got it

For more information take a look at this - toally weird solution, but it works:

How the heck you figure that one out ????
Beats the chit out of me lololllllll
If it ok with you I'm going to link your post in my main post ?
2017-5-9
Use props
V_kingo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 310157 ft
Chile

I've using same procedure described by SkunkWerxs since .300, without issues, Windows 10 and usb cable, remote first then AC, without connection between them.

I would like to add:

- Be sure you have two (2) "DJI USB Virtual COM" in device manager ( I have controller version 5.1.2600.5512 from 06/12/2012, with chinesse signature)

-  In my case previous to download, in DJI Assistant, I have only the new firmware, deleting (or cut and save to a another directory) ""firm_cache" folder  locate at X:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2 1.1.0-2\Assistant\Data\firm_cache.

2017-5-9
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Germany

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-5-9 15:46
How the heck you figure that one out ????
Beats the chit out of me lololllllll
If it ok with you I'm going to link your post in my main post ?

This was not entirely my own idea. Just refined what the user NE.UK wrote a few posts above:

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;page=3#pid791783
2017-5-9
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Germany

V_kingo Posted at 2017-5-9 15:49
I've using same procedure described by SkunkWerxs since .300, without issues, Windows 10 and usb cable, remote first then AC, without connection between them.

I would like to add:

Yeah this is exactly the same way I got the past 3 updates, except 01.03.0600 and 01.03.0700.

Don't know what has gone wrong with 01.03.0600 that I could not install it until now.
2017-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules