Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
MAVIC PRO - FW .700 - A OK!
12345Next >
8226 171 2017-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Just a note that I have updated to .700 with no issues.

As always, I used the GO4 APP, with IPHONE6S+ no WIFI. Download took about 4 minutes. Update took about 14 minutes.

Please add how did you update, type of phone/tablet and OS. Hopefully this post will be a reference point for PHONE/TABLET that update without issues.

Make sure you shut off the AC / RC/ and then reboot RC/AC/.

To be on the safe side, check all of your settings!

Also batteries DOESN'T need updating with this firmware.

SAFETY FIRST - FUN SECOND

2017-5-9
Use props
JaushG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 412106 ft
United States

Thanks for the info!
2017-5-9
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

JaushG Posted at 2017-5-9 07:40
Thanks for the info!

My Pleasure.. Let us know!
2017-5-9
Use props
jerome42
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10617 ft
France

Do you have the NFZ Limit message inside ?
2017-5-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Good job, I find it much easier with almost no problems to upgrade through the app.
2017-5-9
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-5-9 08:58
Good job, I find it much easier with almost no problems to upgrade through the app.

It is really a mystery why some people can't update from the app. I never used the Ass 2 with any drones. Always from the app and even when I had to update on the road.

It has to be the phone or tablet or the connection???
2017-5-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

dronist Posted at 2017-5-9 09:38
It is really a mystery why some people can't update from the app. I never used the Ass 2 with any drones. Always from the app and even when I had to update on the road.

It has to be the phone or tablet or the connection???

I don't know why it's a mystery so easy to just do it from the app.
2017-5-9
Use props
kwi66
lvl.2
Austria

NFZ issue was NOT fixed....
2017-5-9
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

kwi66 Posted at 2017-5-9 10:10

That's disappointing since that's arguably the biggest problem introduced in the previous release.
2017-5-9
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

kwi66 Posted at 2017-5-9 10:10

Never had an issue with NFZ or the gimbal leaning one way.

Could you elaborate more on the NFZ issue?

It seems most the NFZ issues are with MP flying in countries outside the US or am I wrong!!!
2017-5-9
Use props
kwi66
lvl.2
Austria

It was explained several times here.
The issue is, that you get a NFZ warning on weak GPS signal, no matter if you are near a NFZ or the next airport is miles away.
No big problem if you fly outdoors under normal conditions, but makes flying in rooms impossible, if there is a weak signal indoors,...and I am afraid that the MP could go straight down anywhere, if signal gets weak during flight, lets say, while flying below trees or in a canyon......
2017-5-9
Use props
Fractures
lvl.3
Flight distance : 635531 ft
United States

kwi66 Posted at 2017-5-9 10:44
The issue is, that you get a NFZ warning on weak GPS signal, no matter if you are near a NFZ or the next airport is miles away.
No big problem if you fly outdoors under normal conditions, but makes flying in rooms impossible, if there is a weak signal indoors,...and I am afraid that the MP could go straight down anywhere, if signal gets weak during flight, lets say, while flying below trees or in a canyon......

.400 release is where its at. I doubt I will ever upgrade
2017-5-9
Use props
digitalintruder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3652379 ft
United States

Nice, Thanks for being the sacrificial lamb and testing out the FW. I was holding off flying until I saw others post their experience.
2017-5-9
Use props
digitalintruder
lvl.4
United States

Fractures Posted at 2017-5-9 11:06
.400 release is where its at. I doubt I will ever upgrade

Isn't that big red banner on the app annoying? :-)
2017-5-9
Use props
4wd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

digitalintruder Posted at 2017-5-9 11:35
Isn't that big red banner on the app annoying? :-)

It's not as annoying as being blocked from starting motors due to bogus NFZ
2017-5-9
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Maybe they don't want you to fly indoors anymore...

After I read your message, I went outside and tried flying under thick trees that I have in the backyard and I did not have any problems with NFZ warning. I even went and stood under those trees cover and and flew around them and again with NO NFZ issue.

It seems again that most of the issues with NOT ABLE TO TAKE OFF is happening outside the US...

2017-5-9
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

digitalintruder Posted at 2017-5-9 11:34
Nice, Thanks for being the sacrificial lamb and testing out the FW. I was holding off flying until I saw others post their experience.

Just used 3 batteries and it was flawess, tried different modes and especially the FIXED WING, since am getting the Goggle, and it was also very stable.

2017-5-9
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-5-9 10:01
I don't know why it's a mystery so easy to just do it from the app.

Hallmark, I know it is simple and straight forward, but I don't know why so many people keep complaining that it is NOT working with them. So it must be the type of phone/tablet and or the connection they are using.
2017-5-9
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

jerome42 Posted at 2017-5-9 08:33
Do you have the NFZ Limit message inside ?

Nope, no issues, no messages etc...
2017-5-9
Use props
ShadyDealer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Updated mine. Granted the app crashed after downloading the update, tried again and it installed successfully. Will fly it again tomorrow.
2017-5-9
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ShadyDealer Posted at 2017-5-9 14:18
Updated mine. Granted the app crashed after downloading the update, tried again and it installed successfully. Will fly it again tomorrow.

Please post what type of phone/ tablet / OS to better help others in your area.

Let us know how it goes tomorrow.
2017-5-9
Use props
ShadyDealer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

First update I did was with an iPhone 7 iOS 10.3.2. (Beta) done via 3G download and a brand new iPad mini 2 running iOS 10.3.1 via home wifi.
2017-5-9
Use props
digitalintruder
lvl.4
United States

4wd Posted at 2017-5-9 12:51
It's not as annoying as being blocked from starting motors due to bogus NFZ

LOL. Point well taken.
2017-5-9
Use props
digitalintruder
lvl.4
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-5-9 13:30
Just used 3 batteries and it was flawess, tried different modes and especially the FIXED WING, since am getting the Goggle, and it was also very stable.

It didn't look like any major advancements. Just more 'gimbal optimization' changes which means hopefully they fixed the random roll and the random initialization while flying.

Let us know how ‘the goggle’ is when you get them.
2017-5-9
Use props
digitalintruder
lvl.4
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-5-9 13:31
Hallmark, I know it is simple and straight forward, but I don't know why so many people keep complaining that it is NOT working with them. So it must be the type of phone/tablet and or the connection they are using.

I think you're correct. My android devices seem to struggle with update the FW - my apple devices work like a charm. Lately updating my firmware, I've been using the PC - it's much quicker.
2017-5-9
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

digitalintruder Posted at 2017-5-9 15:43
It didn't look like any major advancements. Just more 'gimbal optimization' changes which means hopefully they fixed the random roll and the random initialization while flying.

Like you said meanly for the Goggles and fixing the LEANING Gimbal...
2017-5-9
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

digitalintruder Posted at 2017-5-9 15:43

Will do... Am waiting on shipment confirmation
2017-5-9
Use props
Rusty Iron
lvl.3
Australia

I just went from 0600 to 0700 with no problems as usual. Using an Ipad Air 2, with wifi. iPad has latest IOS. RC has latest GO4. Took about 20 minutes all up. No issues at all.
2017-5-9
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-5-9 13:30

dronist ,  Right after I updated the controller to .700 with the Mavic powered up, the controller
              rebooted and NFZ did come up on the controller -- I was indoors -- then it cleared
              and I haven't seen it again indoors or out , so far 2 flights all is working good
              No Problems with Shield K1 tablet version 6.0.1 android latest GO4 app
STOP WITH THE GOGGLES{:4_173:} lolllllll

2017-5-9
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Rusty Iron Posted at 2017-5-9 16:59
I just went from 0600 to 0700 with no problems as usual. Using an Ipad Air 2, with wifi. iPad has latest IOS. RC has latest GO4. Took about 20 minutes all up. No issues at all.

Great hopefully, the more people will post their phone/tablet, connections and issues we can maybe figured out why some people can update with no issues and some people can't...
2017-5-9
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-5-9 17:38
dronist ,  Right after I updated the controller to .700 with the Mavic powered up, the controller
              rebooted and NFZ did come up on the controller -- I was indoors -- then it cleared
              and I haven't seen it again indoors or out , so far 2 flights all is working good

SkunkWerxs, my apologies dude... You know I like you....

They keep asking me about it... Next time am going to tell them get permission from the 'SkunkWerxs' and then I will mention the Goggles...
2017-5-9
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ShadyDealer Posted at 2017-5-9 14:23
First update I did was with an iPhone 7 iOS 10.3.2. (Beta) done via 3G download and a brand new iPad mini 2 running iOS 10.3.1 via home wifi.

Great, Thx for the input ShadyDealer...

2017-5-9
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-5-9 18:02
SkunkWerxs, my apologiesdude... Yo know I like you....

They keep asking me about it... Next time am going to tell them get permission from the 'SkunkWerxs' and then I will mention the Goggles...

whwhwhwwhhhahahah    Full permission granted lolllloollooo
2017-5-9
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Rusty Iron Posted at 2017-5-9 16:59

Rusty Iron,....Thx for the input mate...  

Did you try the Fixed Wing yet?
2017-5-9
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-5-9 18:07
whwhwhwwhhhahahah    Full permission granted lolllloollooo

GoGGles GoGGles GoGGles GoGGles GoGGles GoGGles
2017-5-9
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-5-9 18:09

Are you trying to hypnotize me into giving you one of the Goggles???  Not working yet ...  
2017-5-9
Use props
Rusty Iron
lvl.3
Australia

dronist Posted at 2017-5-9 18:07
Rusty Iron,....Thx for the input mate...  

Did you try the Fixed Wing yet?

No I haven't yet. Haven't flown at all yet after the update. But as far as I can see, everything appears to be 100% normal in the app at least.
2017-5-9
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Rusty Iron Posted at 2017-5-9 19:56
No I haven't yet. Haven't flown at all yet after the update. But as far as I can see, everything appears to be 100% normal in the app at least.

Let us know. Have fun!
2017-5-9
Use props
Socalrob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5892 ft
  • >>>
United States

I received my mavic early December last year and have done every app and fw update including 700 with no problems. I've used my lg V20 phone but the last 2 fw updates on my ipad mini 4. I've been wondering if most of these fw update problem s are newer mavic s or also older ones.
2017-5-10
Use props
carlosbsantana
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1320591 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

I experienced this yesterday but didnt know it was a FW issue. first time flying indoors to get a shot coming out of a balcony and I receive the warning. Luckily it was the last shot I was going to get with that battery and I turned it off to switch them, so I guess by restarting I wouldnt have had any issues
2017-5-10
Use props
12345Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules