Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Comment on FAA rule proposal, please! (link provided)
1565 12 2015-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Naza-PA
lvl.2

United States

Let FAA know what you think. Although the rules seem reasonalbe, there are few things they could easily overlook in exceptions to the normal rules.

No Fly Zones (NFZ) are cool and somewhat reasonable, but some limited and specific use should still be permitted within property boundaries to the property owners or with their permission, insurance and real estate agents, contractors and etc.

If you have an idea for an exception, just visit gov website and leave your comment with any usefull proposal to the rule.
Here is the link so you could save time searching for it: http://www.regulations.gov/#!submitComment;D=FAA-2015-0150-0017
Otherwise they would never hear you out. I just left the one. Try to formulate it in more formal way and provide good reasoning. It is very simple to do and we still have time: 60 days after Feb 16, 2015.

Good Luck!

2015-3-7
Use props
tonyray955
lvl.3

United States

So if you live in a NFZ you won't even be able to start your Phantom in GPS mode?
2015-3-7
Use props
Naza-PA
lvl.2

United States

tonyray955 Posted at 2015-3-8 00:10
So if you live in a NFZ you won't even be able to start your Phantom in GPS mode?

Correct. I think rules should allow some exceptions, so is the drone software should allow overrides as well.
2015-3-8
Use props
tonyray955
lvl.3

United States

Naza-PA Posted at 2015-3-8 21:56
Correct. I think rules should allow some exceptions, so is the drone software should allow overrid ...

So you wouldn't be able to test the motors in your own home
2015-3-8
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

These NFZ's for all the cities will not be put into the database and installed on to your Phantom.  If they put EVERY NFZ into your Phantom, there would not be enough room for the flight program.  The only reason Washington DC was added was political.
2015-3-8
Use props
Naza-PA
lvl.2

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-3-8 23:54
These NFZ's for all the cities will not be put into the database and installed on to your Phantom.   ...

Why do you link NFZ to the cities? Cities were never part NFZ, even WH/DC is a specially regulated flight area. NFZ are  around airports, national and state parks, there is not so many airports/parks as cities for sure. Although I would agree - DC was politically motivated.
2015-3-8
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

Naza-PA Posted at 2015-3-9 02:37
Why do you link NFZ to the cities? Cities were never part NFZ, even WH/DC is a specially regulated  ...

A lot of people think the government will enforce the NFZ and restrict the cities.  
2015-3-8
Use props
Naza-PA
lvl.2

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-3-9 03:16
A lot of people think the government will enforce the NFZ and restrict the cities.

Well go ahead and make your comment on what you think they should restrict or allow, possibly with some reasoning. Otherwise this thing would get banned from everywhere.
2015-3-8
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

Naza-PA Posted at 2015-3-9 05:10
Well go ahead and make your comment on what you think they should restrict or allow, possibly with ...

What DJI incorporates into their NFZ list will be the category A and V airports and Washington DC.  They will not put in all the cities that have pushed bans within their boundaries.
That is what I am saying.  Even though you might live in a restricted city, your phantom will still start.
2015-3-8
Use props
Naza-PA
lvl.2

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-3-9 07:20
What DJI incorporates into their NFZ list will be the category A and V airports and Washington DC. ...

It is ok, but if you feel some cities are too restrictive or some exceptions should be provisioned - voice your concern and give them something to think about, otherwise those local restriction may stand if federal rules do not cover specific clause. We live in demorcacy last time I checked , but some may disagree.
2015-3-8
Use props
bahamasboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13845 ft
United States

Is there a place on DJI  website to view all NFZ's?  I'm interested to see which ones are around me.
2015-3-8
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

bahamasboy@aol. Posted at 2015-3-9 08:28
Is there a place on DJI  website to view all NFZ's?  I'm interested to see which ones are around me. ...

http://www.dji.com/fly-safe/category-mc
2015-3-8
Use props
Naza-PA
lvl.2

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-3-9 08:39
http://www.dji.com/fly-safe/category-mc

Thanks, it is good to know for references
2015-3-9
Use props
Advanced