Sent Mavic in for REPAIR and got a Refurbished REPLACEMENT
7430 38 2017-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
redline870
lvl.2
United States

I'll save the long winded story on why my brand new Mavic Pro had to go in for repair and why I had to pay for it, but needless to say, it did. They called me and said because of the issues I had, that they would just replace it with a refurbished unit (like that was a good thing lol). I specifically told them "I do not want a refurbished unit, I want the same one back, just repaired". Well I got a Mavic Pro back from them today and it's not the same one I sent in. WTF?!?! I told them I did not want the refurbished unit. If I'm paying for repairs, I want repairs, not something someone hurled into the ground at 50mph and has problems that won't surface until it's out of warranty. On top of that, one of the rear arms is pretty damn loose when folded up. It seems ok when unfolded, but why the large amount of play when folded?

Any advice on how I should handle this? Every time I call DJI, I wait on hold for 40 minutes to talk with someone who can't even talk for themselves and sounds like they are reading their responses out of a "customer service" book. This is complete BS, I loved DJI until my recent dealings with their customer service. They need to put a little work in, in that department.
2017-5-9
Use props
redline870
lvl.2
United States

https://youtu.be/hXeF_3jRzdM
2017-5-9
Use props
redline870
lvl.2
United States

That's a video of the play in the arm.
2017-5-9
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

Is that only when folded?  What about unfolded?  That is where it would really matter.
2017-5-9
Use props
redline870
lvl.2
United States

Only has the play folded, when unfolded it's pretty tight. A tiny bit looser than the other side but overall tight.

It's still ridiculous though because you send an aircraft in for repair and get some refurbished unit back that you don't know the history on, then on top of that, there's an arm flopping around! It's not super expensive for a Mavic Pro but for $1000 I would expect it to be pretty damn good, that just seems like poor QC.
2017-5-9
Use props
Dronoob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 126079 ft
Germany

redline870 Posted at 2017-5-9 22:12
Only has the play folded, when unfolded it's pretty tight. A tiny bit looser than the other side but overall tight.

It's still ridiculous though because you send an aircraft in for repair and get some refurbished unit back that you don't know the history on, then on top of that, there's an arm flopping around! It's not super expensive for a Mavic Pro but for $1000 I would expect it to be pretty damn good, that just seems like poor QC.

The play might not seem like an issue. But what if it loosens more and more? This is definitely something that is not normal. I would hesitate to fly it.

As you paid for a new Mavic and you got a refurbished one now with a loose arm, I'd get in touch with DJI. Maybe they take it back and you order a new one.
2017-5-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Your frustration is understandable.
According to after-sales policy, replacement products or parts provided by DJI may not be new, but it will be in good working order and at least functionally equivalent to the original product or part’s warranty. policy.png
I have checked your video. It's not normal. We sincerely apologize for that. Could you please provide me with your case number?  
I will bring this to the attention of our management. We will keep improving quality control.

2017-5-10
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

My arms also has a difference between left and right, but not as much as you show. Are you sure btw, that is isn't a new one? How do you know it is refurbished? did it have all the stickers on it? Have you checked builddate? Compared it with your own serialnumber? Mine was a brand new one when "repaired" due to bad focus, blurred sides.
2017-5-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

How bad was your Mavic when you sent it in, although you shouldn't have to except a refurbished with problems, it does state clearly that you may end up with refurbished Mavic.
2017-5-10
Use props
redline870
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-5-10 02:06
According to after-sales policy, replacement products or parts provided by DJI may not be new, but it will be in good working order and at least functionally equivalent to the original product or part’s warranty.[view_image]
I have checked your video. It's not normal. We sincerely apologize for that. Could you please provide me with your case number?  

Case number is CAS-447366-T4K3J2

2017-5-10
Use props
redline870
lvl.2
United States

Nees Posted at 2017-5-10 02:27
My arms also has a difference between left and right, but not as much as you show. Are you sure btw, that is isn't a new one? How do you know it is refurbished? did it have all the stickers on it? Have you checked builddate? Compared it with your own serialnumber? Mine was a brand new one when "repaired" due to bad focus, blurred sides.

Because they called me and told me they were going to send me a refurbished one. I specifically said I wanted mine repaired and did not want a refurbished one. Then I get it back and it's a different serial number and it has issues.
2017-5-10
Use props
redline870
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-5-10 04:35
How bad was your Mavic when you sent it in, although you shouldn't have to except a refurbished with problems, it does state clearly that you may end up with refurbished Mavic.

I sent it in for a loose arm to begin with (not the same side arm), granted it was loose while unfolded as well, but folded it had no where near the play this one does.
2017-5-10
Use props
redline870
lvl.2
United States

To answer your other questions, yes it had all the stickers on it just like a new one does, but refurbished Phantoms have all the stickers on them as well, even the clear scratch protections stickers. You can't even tell them from a new one, only difference is one may been smashed into the ground while the other is new.
2017-5-10
Use props
redline870
lvl.2
United States

This is ridiculous. Now I'm gonna have to wait over a month for another one that hopefully doesn't have any issues. Feels like I'm never going to get this thing in the air.
2017-5-10
Use props
redline870
lvl.2
United States

My understanding of their whole refurbished "goods" thing, was that they may need to use a refurbished part to repair the aircraft. I didn't think if I sent it in for a very minor repair, that it would be entirely replaced with a refurbished unit.

That's like buying a brand new car and having some minor issue like a sway bar link that rattles over bumps, and you take it in for repair, only to have it replaced with a certified used car with an unknown number of miles and no car fax report to check.
2017-5-10
Use props
redline870
lvl.2
United States

DJI - allow your customers to buy replacement parts with an exploded view of the aircraft for reference. I would have happily paid $20 for a replacement arm and fixed it myself rather than deal with this crap. Just make it so you have to supply a serial number to purchase them so you can know which warranties to void.
2017-5-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

redline870 Posted at 2017-5-10 04:51
Case number is CAS-447366-T4K3J2

Thank you. I have escalated the case for you.
We will keep you updated as soon as possible.
2017-5-10
Use props
redline870
lvl.2
United States

Update: DJI is taking care of me and replacing the aircraft. Even though I wish I hadn't gone through all this, I do appreciate them making it right.
2017-5-25
Use props
Richardfilliter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 167959 ft
United Kingdom

Im going though exactly the same problem .
Send the unit of for a manufacture repair, be they can't fix it so they tried giving me a refurbish unit . Ie it all work now so send that one as replacement. I've no idea if it's a crash damaged repair .
their attitude stinks and after all the money ive spent .
2017-5-25
Use props
fanse55233dd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 184852 ft
Spain

According to after-sales policy, replacement products or parts provided by DJI may not be new, but it will be in good working order and at least functionally equivalent to the original product or part’s warranty.[view_image]

In your Asian world this can be normal or acceptable. I am a professional market analyst from many years ago and I purchased some DJI products. In my IMHO according to my custoner experiencia DJI has a serious quality control problem. The mentality of the Western customer does not tolerate defects or "acceptable margins of errors" in manufacturing, For this reason ISO 9000 and 9001 was created in the USA Australia Canadá and Europe market.

The company Apple has had many problems to manufacture its products in Asian factories. It is a mentality problem. There are certain manufacturing processes in your product where it is a serious mistake to use the Taylorist method in the production chains of complex technological systems.

It is a problem in the mentality of Asian production line works. DJI have many mistakes that in the USA, Canada  and European markets are intolerable in a 1K 2K products or more price, the problem is that you do not understand this.

Best regards

2017-8-17
Use props
fanse55233dd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 184852 ft
Spain

In your Asian world this can be normal or acceptable. I am a professional market analyst from many years ago and I purchased some DJI products. In my IMHO according to my customer experience DJI has a serious quality control problem. The mentality of the Western customer does not tolerate defects or "acceptable margins of errors" in manufacturing, For this reason ISO 9000 and 9001 was created in the USA Australia Canadá and Europe market.

The company Apple has had many problems to manufacture its products in Asian factories. It is a mentality problem. There are certain manufacturing processes in your product where it is a serious mistake to use the Taylorist method in the production chains of complex technological systems.

It is a problem in the mentality of Asian production line works. DJI have many mistakes that in the USA, Canada  and European markets are intolerable in a 1K 2K products or more price, the problem is that you do not understand this.

Best regards

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CrgZ4-jIqQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eetz8FTkc8Q
2017-8-17
Use props
fans7f334e8b
New
Flight distance : 6247 ft
United States

Your response is a cop out.  If I had know that DJI was such a shabby company, I would have never invested all the money that I did in my DJI Mavic Pro Fly More combo, hard case, DJI Goggles, etc.

My Mavic was flying fine, and suddenly I got a gimbal error.  NO crash.   White glove treatment every day.  

Sent it in for repair, and today received some crappy "refurbished" unit.   I can understand using refurbished if someone crashes theirs.  That's fair.  But to replace a DEFECTIVE PRODUCT with some crap that could have been flown and crashed 100 times is pure BS.    I don't care how great people claim DJI products are.  After this, I will never spend another penny with DJI.
2017-10-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fans7f334e8b Posted at 2017-10-24 15:24
Your response is a cop out.  If I had know that DJI was such a shabby company, I would have never invested all the money that I did in my DJI Mavic Pro Fly More combo, hard case, DJI Goggles, etc.

My Mavic was flying fine, and suddenly I got a gimbal error.  NO crash.   White glove treatment every day.  

Sorry for the difficulties you've been experiencing. Could you please provide us with more details about the drone you received? And please also tell us the case number so I can learn more info about your case. Sincerely sorry again.
2017-10-24
Use props
fans7f334e8b
New
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-24 20:20
Sorry for the difficulties you've been experiencing. Could you please provide us with more details about the drone you received? And please also tell us the case number so I can learn more info about your case. Sincerely sorry again.

My case number was CAS-1090819-Z2X9H4.  But does that matter?   Nobody I've talked to from DJI seems the least bit concerned.  If you want detail, pull up the case number and email me.  I'll be glad to copy and paste the detailed explanation that I've sent 20 people already.

To Summarize:  I sent you back a "garage kept, mint condition, barely driven" car;  you sent me back a Used Car with no record of mileage, no carfax report, a scuffed battery (not even the one I sent back with my drone), and fan noise 3 times louder than mine ever was.   I DID NOT crash my drone.  It malfunctioned.  You should have replaced it with a new one, not some beat up refurb.
2017-10-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fans7f334e8b Posted at 2017-10-25 05:01
My case number was CAS-1090819-Z2X9H4.  But does that matter?   Nobody I've talked to from DJI seems the least bit concerned.  If you want detail, pull up the case number and email me.  I'll be glad to copy and paste the detailed explanation that I've sent 20 people already.

To Summarize:  I sent you back a "garage kept, mint condition, barely driven" car;  you sent me back a Used Car with no record of mileage, no carfax report, a scuffed battery (not even the one I sent back with my drone), and fan noise 3 times louder than mine ever was.   I DID NOT crash my drone.  It malfunctioned.  You should have replaced it with a new one, not some beat up refurb.

That must have been frustrating for you. I have checked the details about your case, you initiated DJI Care Refresh, right? Since DJI Care Refresh can replace the aircraft, gimbal, camera, battery and propellers, thus it will also be replaced when you sent the battery back. For the scuffed battery, it seemed well according to the QC picture, see picture below, and since it has been almost a month after the close of the case, what we can do know is to check if it works well. So how about the performance of the drone now? Does it work properly? BATTERY.png
2017-10-25
Use props
fans7f334e8b
New
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-25 20:13
That must have been frustrating for you. I have checked the details about your case, you initiated DJI Care Refresh, right? Since DJI Care Refresh can replace the aircraft, gimbal, camera, battery and propellers, thus it will also be replaced when you sent the battery back. For the scuffed battery, it seemed well according to the QC picture, see picture below, and since it has been almost a month after the close of the case, what we can do know is to check if it works well. So how about the performance of the drone now? Does it work properly?[view_image]

#1 - the case did not close a month ago.  That picture is dated 10/17 (a little over a week ago), and I just go t the refurbished drone (shipped in a plain brown box with the drone wrapped in bubble wrap loose inside the box) 2 days ago.  I'm not complaining about the turnaround time, which was about 2.5 weeks total.  That was the only positive in this whole incident.

#2 - Look closely at the battery in that picture.  There is an oily stain all over the top of it.  I tried to remove it with Fantastik spray and a cloth, but it won't come off.  Why wouldn't you just send me back my own battery that I sent with the original drone?  My battery had been charged and used less than 20 times.  For all I know - this one could have been used 200 cycles already.  Why not just give me back MY battery (which was not damaged) or a new one?   

#3 - It appears to me that DJI kept my drone (rather than repairing and sending back) and my battery (which was almost brand new) simply because they were better than what they sent back.  

#4 - My original point in all this is getting lost.  I DID NOT crash my drone.   My drone MALFUNCTIONED after very few hours of flight time.  Any REPUTABLE company would make good on this and back up their product.  Not only did you send me used garbage that was far inferior to what I sent in, but you also CHARGED me the $79 refresh fee!  

I have spoken with your case agent online (useless);  your phone customer service (super useless), and now you here - and all I'm getting is excuses and runaround.   I work in a Sales/Customer Service position, and my career is 'making things right' for my customers.  DJI has not mastered that skill and does not seem interested in doing so - for me or any others in this forum from what I've read.

Thanks for your responses.  I will no longer continue to pursue this as it's obviously a waste of time.  You got my $1000+ but I can promise you'll never get another penny from me, or from any friend, family, coworker or Social media follower than I can warn.  
2017-10-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fans7f334e8b Posted at 2017-10-26 04:15
#1 - the case did not close a month ago.  That picture is dated 10/17 (a little over a week ago), and I just go t the refurbished drone (shipped in a plain brown box with the drone wrapped in bubble wrap loose inside the box) 2 days ago.  I'm not complaining about the turnaround time, which was about 2.5 weeks total.  That was the only positive in this whole incident.

#2 - Look closely at the battery in that picture.  There is an oily stain all over the top of it.  I tried to remove it with Fantastik spray and a cloth, but it won't come off.  Why wouldn't you just send me back my own battery that I sent with the original drone?  My battery had been charged and used less than 20 times.  For all I know - this one could have been used 200 cycles already.  Why not just give me back MY battery (which was not damaged) or a new one?   

I can feel your pain. For changing the battery, this is a part of the agreement of DJI Care Refresh. We could ensure the performance of the drone we send. For the oil you mentioned, I'll inform a proper team to take care of, we will have someone to contact you soon.
2017-10-26
Use props
magli149
lvl.3
Flight distance : 509678 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

For me even worse... brand new Inspire 2 with factory defect... https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;extra=#pid1242688
2018-3-8
Use props
djiuser_G9orTBp4yF7w
New
Flight distance : 250102 ft
Netherlands

I got this crap sent back after a gimbal repair..
Even worse than the 1 i send in..

https://youtu.be/zJSXtyRaDBQ

They better send a new one or ill never buy with dji again.
2018-7-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_G9orTBp4yF7w Posted at 2018-7-23 08:32
I got this crap sent back after a gimbal repair..
Even worse than the 1 i send in..

We apologize for the unpleasant experience with our repair center, I saw a new case has been started, please send in at your earliest convenience for evaluation. Your frustration and request have also been escalated to the appropriate department to follow up, we will have someone to contact you, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-7-23
Use props
RG1825
lvl.2
Flight distance : 193353 ft
United Kingdom

Did this get resolved? Exactly the same thing happened to me, when I specifically ASKED them three times whether they would be able to replace my original, and stated that I would keep it and get it serviced by a third party otherwise. Absolute disgrace.
2019-1-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RG1825 Posted at 1-16 09:18
Did this get resolved? Exactly the same thing happened to me, when I specifically ASKED them three times whether they would be able to replace my original, and stated that I would keep it and get it serviced by a third party otherwise. Absolute disgrace.

Hi RG1825, we've read your new post and Diana has responded: https://forum.dji.com/thread-178066-1-1.html Please kindly keep us updated there for better follow-up, thank you!
2019-1-17
Use props
djiuser_Aia7nNbre0RJ
New

United States

redline870 Posted at 2017-5-9 22:12

I agree.  You should get yours back.
2019-2-18
Use props
IanJ87
lvl.1
Flight distance : 134570 ft
United States

I am the OP of this thread on my personal account. I haven't been monitoring this thread, but DJI did resolve the problem. They sent me a brand new aircraft, not a refurbished one, but it wasn't without a lot of time spent on the phone.
2019-2-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

IanJ87 Posted at 2-19 08:13
I am the OP of this thread on my personal account. I haven't been monitoring this thread, but DJI did resolve the problem. They sent me a brand new aircraft, not a refurbished one, but it wasn't without a lot of time spent on the phone.

Hi Ian, thanks for getting back and keep us updated with the final resolution, if you will not monitor this thread, we will close it, is it OK?
2019-2-19
Use props
Bjs_express
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1481496 ft
United States

I have mine in a box ready to be shipped for repair and feeling sick.... I know it is a gimbal ribbon cable and that is all that is needing to be repaired; I am all thumbs and do not want to take twenty screws out and try to get my fingernails under connections and re-connect new cable myself and possibly break something.   At only two months old and kept in a pelican case and treated like a glass egg it is disconcerting to think I'll not get mine back and get something rebuilt that could have been totally FUBAR'd and have to pay for "repair" that someone else will get mine.   Unfortunately there are no repair options for me locally and I'd have to drive 200 miles to leave and come back and get it... thinking I'll have one with two months of use on the motors sent in and get one back that has two years of use on the motors that is near it's end.  Getting sad thinking about it.
2019-2-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Bjs_express Posted at 2-25 12:59
I have mine in a box ready to be shipped for repair and feeling sick.... I know it is a gimbal ribbon cable and that is all that is needing to be repaired; I am all thumbs and do not want to take twenty screws out and try to get my fingernails under connections and re-connect new cable myself and possibly break something.   At only two months old and kept in a pelican case and treated like a glass egg it is disconcerting to think I'll not get mine back and get something rebuilt that could have been totally FUBAR'd and have to pay for "repair" that someone else will get mine.   Unfortunately there are no repair options for me locally and I'd have to drive 200 miles to leave and come back and get it... thinking I'll have one with two months of use on the motors sent in and get one back that has two years of use on the motors that is near it's end.  Getting sad thinking about it.

Hi Bjs_express, we are so sorry for the troubles with the gimbal, products and components presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired, but these refurbished goods have been tested and are similar to brand new goods in function and appearance. Please don't worry.
Did you check here of the other recommended repair centers which are trained by DJI and have the capability to repair DJI products? But please note the warranty responsibility will transfer to the Recommended Service Center for any products they repair, and those products will no longer be warranted by DJI.
2019-2-25
Use props
Bjs_express
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1481496 ft
United States

I'll let y'all know... just sent mine in today
2019-2-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Bjs_express Posted at 2-26 08:52
I'll let y'all know... just sent mine in today

No problem, if you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us.
2019-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules