Question: How do you use Premiere Pro CC2017 with the Phantom 4 Pro?
899 5 2017-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rite Flight
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22697 ft
United States

I am trying to edit my 4K/60/48/30 Phantom 4K pro videos in Premiere Pro. The problem is my program edit screen video always stutters.  Very rarely it smooths out. Adobe Premiere Pro customer support told me The Phantom 4K Pro like other drones on the market output a variable bit rate.  This is not compatible with Premiere Pro just yet.  They said there will be an upgrade in their Media Encoder in the future, but not now.  They said I needed to convert the variable bit rate to a constant bit rate.  
1st: Can the variable bit rate be changed to a constant bit rate in the Phantom Pro 4?

2nd: Is there any third party converter apps out there that converts from a variable to constant bit rate?

Thank You,

John

2017-5-10
Use props
Flying-Monkey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 292297 ft
United Kingdom

*Edited due to posting on wrong thread.
2017-5-10
Use props
fansfbd82212
Banned

Japan

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-5-10
Use props
ezDrew
lvl.3
Flight distance : 195151 ft

United States

I edit my p4p footage in premier pro with no problems. What's your computer specs? Need a good cpu and gpu to achieve no lag.
2017-5-10
Use props
Dynamic Aero Dr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22697 ft
United States

ezDrew Posted at 2017-5-10 18:04
I edit my p4p footage in premier pro with no problems. What's your computer specs? Need a good cpu and gpu to achieve no lag.

Hi guys,   I have a i7 4core with 32 GB Ram and the Nvidia 1080 GTX with 8 GB of Ram.  I figured this out with a few local gurus in my area.

Right now, I use three software products.  

PP CC2017 Results: Yes Transcode Transcode Transcode.  The best work flow I found is to handle the resolution is first: edit or trim your video clips before entering PP.  I do this with Wondershare Ultimate, keeping the 4K .264 or 5 intact.  Then I import into PP then Proxy into Media Encoder, then edit, then render.  Yes this all takes time and Adobe customer support said it should catch up to the pack in the next upgrade.  We will see.

Next up is Black Magic DaVinci 14.4 not ver 12. 14.4 is beta, it does a better job in handling .265 and 5 4K but still no cigar.  For all intent and purposes same work flow like PP is needed.  They too are working on it.

Last but not least is Cyber Link Power Director 15.  This works out of the box with 4K ,264 and 5.  Apparently they went for the home iPhone 6 market and codes their software differently then the Pro guys do, but the draw back is that the software has stock edit features that are good for a beginner film maker, but hardly for the pro or semi pro.

I am well on my way and can't wait until Adobe and or Black Magic gets their act together.  Otherwise I am flying, shooting and editing with much more efficiency today.

It was a painful lesson but worth it!
2017-6-6
Use props
ezDrew
lvl.3
Flight distance : 195151 ft

United States

Dynamic Aero Dr Posted at 2017-6-6 14:21
Hi guys,   I have a i7 4core with 32 GB Ram and the Nvidia 1080 GTX with 8 GB of Ram.  I figured this out with a few local gurus in my area.

Right now, I use three software products.  

Interesting, I don't use any proxies on my mac with similar specs but 16gb ram. Almost no lag editing 4k with 1/4 preview window until the video gets to be over 3 minutes long. But then I simply have to save the file and reboot PP. I am working on a SSD though.
2017-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules