Removing camera from drone
4230 11 2017-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skippy_74
lvl.1
United States

How hard is it to remove those anti-drop pins and do they break easy ?.I'm new and want to fly keeping it close for several days and thinking about removing the camera.
Thanks for any and all replys.

2017-5-10
Use props
WD9EON
lvl.4
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

That would probably void the warranty.  
2017-5-10
Use props
Microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

Short Answer:
DO NOT DO IT!!!
2017-5-10
Use props
microlinux
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2576972 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not worth the risk of damage and loss of warranty.
2017-5-10
Use props
Skippy_74
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for the replys guys,I didn't think removing the camera would void the warranty but no,I won't endanger the warranty.I'm still doing a lot of reading since I just got my drone.
Thank y'all  
2017-5-10
Use props
microlinux
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2576972 ft
  • >>>
United States

Clockman Posted at 2017-5-10 13:56
Geez! You Nervous Nellies! Just push the washers further down the pin. It spreads the tangs apart. If you push down quickly on the pin in reverse, you can often pop the pin through before the tangs revert back. If not, a gentle persuasion with a small screwdriver might help. Just be careful with the camera connections particularly with the P3 standard, and no, removing and putting back the pins will not void the warranty as nobody could tell they were removed. It's your drone, play with it!

The pins are not the problem . . . the entire act of removing the camera is.  

Anyone is free to do whatever they want, but I'm not sure advising someone with little experience to remove the camera with the reasoning "it's your drone, play with it" is particularly sound.
2017-5-10
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Camera removal is very easy, as is replacement.  I would be surprised if it took you more than 5 minutes.  You should have gotten 2 extra drop pins with your Phantom also, so no worries there.
2017-5-10
Use props
Michgolden
lvl.4
Flight distance : 822851 ft
United States

You could invest in a gimbal guard. They're inexpensive, easy to install, definitely help stiffen up the legs, and obviously help to protect the camera when landing. Just make sure to get one that doesn't interfere with the camera when pointing straight down.  
2017-5-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

There are users that were able to remove the anti-drop pins without breaking them, however it takes a bit of patience. Keep in mind that if you damage any of the gimbal cables when removing the gimbal, you would end up paying for the repairs.
2017-5-10
Use props
ktn.ma.i
New

United States

Does this void DJI Care Refresh though?
2017-5-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules