Missing flight logs
1543 9 2017-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419669 ft
United Kingdom

Hey guys. I've just noticed that DJI GO 4 isn't logging all of my flights. In fact, the last flight recorded was April and I've flown dozens of times since then. I've been logged in the whole time. I'm running latest version of iOS and Go app. Any suggestions?? Thanks
2017-5-10
Use props
EJay
lvl.2
Flight distance : 541818 ft
Australia

Are you swapping between devices?  If so sync with each device. The Sync is in flight logs, a cloud type logo top right in both iPad and iPhone versions of DJO GO 4 App.
2017-5-10
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Nope, not since I got a new iPhone a few months back. I was using an iPad but not for several months now
2017-5-10
Use props
EJay
lvl.2
Flight distance : 541818 ft
Australia

EJay Posted at 2017-5-10 14:32
Are you swapping between devices?  If so sync with each device. The Sync is in flight logs, a cloud type logo top right in both iPad and iPhone versions of DJO GO 4 App.

The flight history/ logs are accessed by the 'compass' type icon to the left of "Enter Device >" and are then visible on the iPad but need a swipe up on the iPhone.
The history can replay your flight with options to view Control Stick positions etc.
2017-5-10
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

No I get that. I've used the iPhone solidly for the last two months and there is a few weeks of data missing. I flew this afternoon using the iPhone and the last flight shown is April. I switched data off for the device while i was abroad, wondering if it messed it all up. Is the data accessible somewhere else? Via iTunes/icloud backup or something?
2017-5-10
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

So I restored to an earlier version of my iPhone from an iCloud backup and managed to get a lot of the data back. Here is a question for any iOS geeks out there. Is there a way I could go through all of my phone and iPad backups and extract the data pertaining to DJI GO and then dump it all into my existing app? I've only just started analysing and reviewing my flight data and I'm keen to try and retrieve as much missing data as possible. It would be very time consuming to restore fully from each backup and then resync with DJI cloud!
2017-5-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-5-10 14:31
Nope, not since I got a new iPhone a few months back. I was using an iPad but not for several months now

Has the Go app crashed on you while flying at all?
2017-5-11
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Once or twice yes. That could have been the most recent cause. But now I've got most my data back, I'm trying to fill in the blanks - which was most likely caused by me simply resetting the phone (which I do more than most people). So I'd like to retrieve the data from each of the iOS backups and merge them into one file and then restore from that file. Hope this makes sense? Probably a better question to ask on an iOS developer forum I guess...
2017-5-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-5-11 16:30
Once or twice yes. That could have been the most recent cause. But now I've got most my data back, I'm trying to fill in the blanks - which was most likely caused by me simply resetting the phone (which I do more than most people). So I'd like to retrieve the data from each of the iOS backups and merge them into one file and then restore from that file. Hope this makes sense? Probably a better question to ask on an iOS developer forum I guess...

I would agree that they would be better suited at answering those kind of iOS questions.
2017-5-11
Use props
fansf2b5cf09
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2777589 ft
United States

I have this exact same problem. No flight logs in May. Last ones are in April. Using an Nvidia Shield K1 mostly and an iPhone 7+ sometimes. Fully synced up both, no May flight logs. Its like the flights never even happened.
2017-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules