Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal Tilt
1024 6 2017-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BearDrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2887251 ft
United States

Hi All,

I've had my P4 for about 3 weeks now. Everythign has been great, but I am noticing that my videos tilt down to the left just a bit. Sometimes it is worse (in flight) than others.

I have used the recalibrate gimbal feature several times now, and unfortunately this has not corrected the issue.

Thoughts? Tricks?

Thanks!
2017-5-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Have you tried performing an IMU with a gimbal calibration in that order? Did you notice this right out of the box, after a firmware update or anything to that effect?
2017-5-10
Use props
BearDrone
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-10 19:21
Have you tried performing an IMU with a gimbal calibration in that order? Did you notice this right out of the box, after a firmware update or anything to that effect?

Jamie,

This is all out of box. Yes, it has been like this since I got it.

No, I have not done a firmware update since I got the P4 3 weeks ago. I am new to this platform. I have not done an IMU calibration. I am working off the app on an iPhone 7 because my MacBook Pro does not like the DJI Assistant software. Won't load and run it.

How will I know if I need a firmware update?

I'm assuming I can run an IMU calibration from the app as well?

Thanks,
Michael
2017-5-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

BearDrone Posted at 2017-5-11 09:04
Jamie,

This is all out of box. Yes, it has been like this since I got it.

Yes, the IMU calibration would be done via the Go app. If your unit needed a firmware update, you would receive a notification in the Go app along with the option to update through the app as well. Should you need to perform an update and you experience any difficulties doing so through the app, the Assistant 2 software would be the only other way to do so in order to rule out a hardware issue.

Please give the IMU calibration and gimbal calibration, though, when you have the chance.
2017-5-11
Use props
BearDrone
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-11 13:39
Yes, the IMU calibration would be done via the Go app. If your unit needed a firmware update, you would receive a notification in the Go app along with the option to update through the app as well. Should you need to perform an update and you experience any difficulties doing so through the app, the Assistant 2 software would be the only other way to do so in order to rule out a hardware issue.

Please give the IMU calibration and gimbal calibration, though, when you have the chance.

Okay, I checked for updates on the firmware via the app, and evidently I'm running the latest version since it did not prompt me to update anything. I did an IMU calibration and another gimbal auto calibrate. The weather has been pretty awful here, so I probably won't be able to fly anytime soon. Maybe early next week.

I did discover a setting in the gimbal section called 'gimbal roll'. I am assuming this is a way to fix this tilt if it persist?

Thanks very much for the help.
2017-5-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

BearDrone Posted at 2017-5-12 07:58
Okay, I checked for updates on the firmware via the app, and evidently I'm running the latest version since it did not prompt me to update anything. I did an IMU calibration and another gimbal auto calibrate. The weather has been pretty awful here, so I probably won't be able to fly anytime soon. Maybe early next week.

I did discover a setting in the gimbal section called 'gimbal roll'. I am assuming this is a way to fix this tilt if it persist?

Please let me know how the test went when you can. As far as manually adjusting the roll on the fly, the gimbal roll function in the app, along with holding C2 while using the ISO wheel, would be the other way to correct it.
2017-5-15
Use props
BearDrone
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-15 09:13
Please let me know how the test went when you can. As far as manually adjusting the roll on the fly, the gimbal roll function in the app, along with holding C2 while using the ISO wheel, would be the other way to correct it.

Jamie,

Okay, it is still there. Actually, it has gotten worse and seems to on every flight. I guess I can manually adjust the gimbal before every flight, but was hoping for a more permanent solution.

Thanks,
2017-5-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules