Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI GO4 won’t start unless I enter my phone number
23828 102 2017-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Jan'sMavic Posted at 2017-11-19 01:44
Hi.

I've done what you have mentioned and more together with DJi assistant with online chat and we tried abt almost 2 hours. Due to battery consumption and weekend we postponed try. There was no success. We did it with full GPS signal.

Hi, it is confirmed that the message pops up because a Chinese IP is detected. Please try multiple local networks and restart the app for times. It is not about the app and drone, it is the matter of the IP address.
2017-11-21
Use props
Jan'sMavic
New
Indonesia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-21 03:25
Hi, it is confirmed that the message pops up because a Chinese IP is detected. Please try multiple local networks and restart the app for times. It is not about the app and drone, it is the matter of the IP address.

Hi,

My present location is Indonesia and i use indonesian local data network via mobile. So there is no chinese network around me. so where these chinese IP coming from? why i'm not able to ignore it or register by my own country mobile. I need to use my drone, but i'm not able to as everything is restricted because of this. It really started annoying me and remain wthout solutiion.

Thank you...
2017-11-24
Use props
Viper5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11529 ft
United States

fans2767d1d8 Posted at 2017-6-22 02:44
P4P Plus: This is what I did. I turned the AC off. Switched RC to airline mode since the China phone link prompt rendered practically all apps useless. Then restarted the RC. Went to System Settings>Personal-Backup & reset>Personal Data-Factory data reset>RESET DEVICE. Then restarted RC. Then turned off airline mode. Re-entered my account name and password. Went to maps and downloaded my country. Though I had to reprogram all RC setting all over again. Better than not being able to use the RC. Hope this helps.

Hey, I did exactly what you said here in #15 and After I went to AIRPLANE MODE, etc.... and RESET DEVICE,  MY PRO+ controller asks for my account name & password, and won't let me get back in to deselect AIRPLANE MODE.  SO, I'm stuck in the loop where I have to enter my account name and password but it won't  take because the controller is in the AIRPLANE MODE, and I can't get the controller out of Airplane  Mode because it promps me to put in my account name and password first.

HOW did you get your controller out of AIRPLANE MODE after you hit RESET DEVICE ???
2017-12-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jan'sMavic Posted at 2017-11-24 19:43
Hi,

My present location is Indonesia and i use indonesian local data network via mobile. So there is no chinese network around me. so where these chinese IP coming from? why i'm not able to ignore it or register by my own country mobile. I need to use my drone, but i'm not able to as everything is restricted because of this. It really started annoying me and remain wthout solutiion.

Jan, you may get the warning if entered Flight Simulator accidentally. With the local internet and good GPS signal, you can get rid of the message, please help us double check, thanks!
2017-12-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Viper5 Posted at 2017-12-9 10:48
Hey, I did exactly what you said here in #15 and After I went to AIRPLANE MODE, etc.... and RESET DEVICE,  MY PRO+ controller asks for my account name & password, and won't let me get back in to deselect AIRPLANE MODE.  SO, I'm stuck in the loop where I have to enter my account name and password but it won't  take because the controller is in the AIRPLANE MODE, and I can't get the controller out of Airplane  Mode because it promps me to put in my account name and password first.

HOW did you get your controller out of AIRPLANE MODE after you hit RESET DEVICE ???

Hey Viper, please slide down the screen and enable the WiFi to check again. Please let us know whether it works.
2017-12-9
Use props
fans63f56861
lvl.1
Flight distance : 284400 ft
United States

djiuser_dwdkL5F Posted at 2017-8-23 13:30
This evening I received my first Mavic and haven't been able to fly one single minute! Still waiting for THE SOLUTION. I live in the Netherlands and not in Mainland China! On the DJI site still nothing mentioned about the problem and if they are working on an solution.This is very BAD!

It make afraid to fly once if they ever fix it.
2017-12-10
Use props
AnthonyRPeterso
lvl.1
Australia

g-wills Posted at 2017-8-17 12:49
Mavic received yesterday. Initially very impressed with build quality after coming from Yuneec and Parrot offerings but what is going on? This Chinese phone number issue has prevented me from flying it. I have literally wasted hours deleting and reinstalling the GO4 app, checking settings and all of the above. I have not been near the simulator and have a strong GPS signal so why it thinks I am in China is beyond me and quite frankly bizarre. This drone was bought for a trip inside the Arctic Circle and if I can't get it sorted soon regrettably I will need to return it. I sincerely hope it doesn't come to that. Please help!

I feel your pain. My drone was a gift from a friend (an anonymous friend). I feel so sorry for them, having wasted so much money on this drone. I'm time poor and don't have endless hours to waste on this.
2017-12-23
Use props
AnthonyRPeterso
lvl.1
Australia

EZMavic Posted at 2017-8-14 10:54
It seems that this problem has something to do with after you run the simulator on the app.

I uninstalled the app, reinstall it, there was no such notification to put in my China number. After I ran the simulator, suddenly after I was done with it, the notification came out.

Strange, we are talking about a completely closed system here with the Phantom 4 Pro+. DJI have control over EVERYTHING.
2017-12-23
Use props
djiuser_r5aaW8rYcTgk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 84065 ft
Australia

P4P Plus: This is what I did. I turned the AC off. Switched RC to airline mode since the China phone link prompt rendered practically all apps useless. Then restarted the RC. Went to System Settings>Personal-Backup & reset>Personal Data-Factory data reset>RESET DEVICE. Then restarted RC. Then turned off airline mode. Re-entered my account name and password. Went to maps and downloaded my country. Though I had to reprogram all RC setting all over again. Better than not being able to use the RC. Hope this helps.

How do you get the RC into airline mode?
2018-2-16
Use props
djiuser_r5aaW8rYcTgk
lvl.1
Australia

I just got my P4P+ and I have been trying for 4 hours to get it activated and ready for flight.  What a rubbish drone this is.  I will never buy DJI ever again.  Waste of money and time so far.
2018-2-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_r5aaW8rYcTgk Posted at 2018-2-16 15:39
I just got my P4P+ and I have been trying for 4 hours to get it activated and ready for flight.  What a rubbish drone this is.  I will never buy DJI ever again.  Waste of money and time so far.

Sorry for the inconvenience first. Is there any error message when the issue appears? The screenshot will be helpful, and we'll look into the exact stattus. Thanks so much!
2018-2-16
Use props
djiuser_Cyclone2390
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-16 20:38
Sorry for the inconvenience first. Is there any error message when the issue appears? The screenshot will be helpful, and we'll look into the exact stattus. Thanks so much!

Thank you so much for your support.  I was able to fix the issue and I was up and flying yesterday, this morning too.  My friends (they are now) were able to supply a program and modification tool that solved this issue immediately.  No Limit Dronez are the best for DJI issues, and you get to tweak your drone perfectly.  Even the Phantom 4 Pro + like I have.  I cannot extol their virtues enough to do them justice.
Thanks again.  Have a beautiful day.
2018-2-17
Use props
djiuser_Cyclone2390
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-16 20:38

"djiuser_r5aaW8rYcTgk Posted at 2018-2-16 15:39
I just got my P4P+ and I have been trying for 4 hours to get it activated and ready for flight.  What a rubbish drone this is.  I will never buy DJI ever again.  Waste of money and time so far."

Well I have to eat humble pie.  DJI is not rubbish, and I am already contemplating purchasing a Mavic.  Not sure which iteration yet.  NLD saved my Phantom from ending up in the dustbin.  Actually, the AU$3468.00 cost did.  Could not justify throwing that sort of money away.  I am so glad I did not have a dummy spit other than the rant here.  Sorry about that too.
Thanks for not booting me out.    ^-^
2018-2-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_Cyclone2390 Posted at 2018-2-17 14:36
Thank you so much for your support.  I was able to fix the issue and I was up and flying yesterday, this morning too.  My friends (they are now) were able to supply a program and modification tool that solved this issue immediately.  No Limit Dronez are the best for DJI issues, and you get to tweak your drone perfectly.  Even the Phantom 4 Pro + like I have.  I cannot extol their virtues enough to do them justice.
Thanks again.  Have a beautiful day.

Flight safety is always the top priority. If you have any issue of NFZ, feel free to contact the Fly Safe Team via flysafe@dji.com.
2018-2-27
Use props
ROCC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18445 ft
Jordan

fans582f653e Posted at 2017-6-11 04:00
The same with me - very beginner btw. - Phantom 4 pro+ (with integrated Screen). Preparing for first flight... Update RC and drone ... but suddenly I'm asked for a China Mainland Number. Can't get away that dialog... I have of course neither (as Swiss) no China Phone number nor have I ever been in China ... Really frustrating ...

I have Advanced + with integrated screen. I used factory reset and that appears to fix the issue. Also try to start it outside in an open area.
2018-3-8
Use props
Quintes
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40942 ft
Slovakia

Same issue... I am trying to uninstall DJI app from mobile, and reset the RC...
2018-9-3
Use props
Quintes
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40942 ft
Slovakia

...and its working.. just reinstall DJI GO 4...
2018-9-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Quintes Posted at 2018-9-3 11:40
...and its working.. just reinstall DJI GO 4...

Hi Quintes, thanks for keeping us updated. Currently, the phone number is required to China Mainland users only. You may connect the internet and check in the open field with good GPS signal to see whether it helps.
2018-9-4
Use props
fans9c13d458
New

United States

Thank you!  This solved my same problem as the OP!!!
2019-4-3
Use props
fans24af896f
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-19 01:05
I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused, so you didn't travel to China, right? We released new DJI Go recently, please update your APP to the latest version. If the message still persists, please send me your location, IP address of smartphone, log file in DJI/dji.go.v4/log/CACHE/verphone, appreciate your cooperation.

and for those that use iPads instead of mobile phones?
2019-4-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans24af896f Posted at 4-21 14:00
and for those that use iPads instead of mobile phones?

Hi there, I have just replied your post in another thread: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=93158&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dlastpost%26orderby%3Dlastpost&page=3 Please keep us updated there, thank you.
2019-4-22
Use props
William555
New

United Kingdom

I have found the solution to this problem by trial and error. You must start the activation process while disconnected from the controller. After you have signed the agreement which will be in English and not Chinese, you would be told when to connect the controller. The activation process continues smoothly without any request for a phone number.
2019-12-1
Use props
William555
New

United Kingdom

William555 Posted at 12-1 06:50
I have found the solution to this problem by trial and error. You must start the activation process while disconnected from the controller. After you have signed the agreement which will be in English and not Chinese, you would be told when to connect the controller. The activation process continues smoothly without any request for a phone number.

I have found the solution to this problem by trial and error. You must start the activation process while disconnected from the controller. After you have signed the agreement which will be in English and not Chinese, you will be told when to connect the controller. The activation process continues smoothly without any request for a phone number.

(Dictation error corrected)
2019-12-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules