Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
After firmware update .17
2916 29 2015-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ruddy951
lvl.3
Flight distance : 59324 ft
United States

after installing the new firmware to mybird/rc iv been having trouble losing gps/going into atti mode on every flight . iv gotten used to correcting the loss of gps until stabilization returns BUT today  after my pre flight check/ home point set to current location, i took off and my home point changed to half a mile  down the road...  so my question  is, has anyone else had this problem?  and if not be wary of the chance for your bird to return to a not so home home point.

2015-3-7
Use props
daninperth
lvl.4

United States

I'm  losing GPS regularly too since the update.   Keep having to switch to free mode and fly back.  Half the time there is no screen indication.  The other times it prompts me that I should switch to Atti mode.  Kinda kicking myself for updating.  I was hoping it was simply a matter of increased interface sensitivity but the drift is apparent with or without a Pilot App warning.
2015-3-7
Use props
CrabHawk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is so crazy- Because after loading mine with the current update My inspire has flown faster farther higher and with no gps loss and no compass or imu issues. and prior I had nothing but lack of confidence and nervousness due to gps loss and drifting issues. I REALLY hope you guys can have your stuff figured out soon. What the heck can be so wrong with one bird to the next? this is getting ridiculous.{:2_29:}
2015-3-7
Use props
daninperth
lvl.4

United States

CrabHawk Posted at 2015-3-8 08:48
This is so crazy- Because after loading mine with the current update My inspire has flown faster far ...

That crossed my mind too, Crab.   I never had an issue with GPS loss and was having a great time flying regularly and aggressively with previous updates.  What I do know is that until it's figured out I won't be flying very far out while giving my attention to any unnecessary aspects of flight.  Wish I could reverse the update
2015-3-7
Use props
madmaxx
lvl.1

United States

my Inspire was flying perfectly... after the new update I have a few issues... first after take of I hover for a few sec and I have noticed what I call the "Dance" witch during hover it flies in a circle and if you go forward it drifts  to the right, I have checked the IMU and did a calibration also but nothing, the thing is that after a few minutes of flight the problem goes completely away, before this update the bird was solid as a rock, so far no issues with the GPS.
2015-3-7
Use props
Colonel Angus
Second Officer

United States

CrabHawk Posted at 2015-3-8 08:48
This is so crazy- Because after loading mine with the current update My inspire has flown faster far ...

Im with you on this I noticed a huge improvement as well..I get rock solid response since the new firmware and the old version 16 as well.
This has to be frustrating Dan.

ugh...I think there are components thru production that have changed that are causing this.
2015-3-7
Use props
daninperth
lvl.4

United States

Colonel Angus Posted at 2015-3-8 09:30
Im with you on this I noticed a huge improvement as well..I get rock solid response since the new  ...

Yes Mike, not sure what else makes sense.  Was thinking about how it worked so well for you from the start.   Starts you wondering about possible differences in the units.

Dan
2015-3-7
Use props
Dangair
Second Officer

Canada

daninperth Posted at 2015-3-8 08:21
I'm  losing GPS regularly too since the update.   Keep having to switch to free mode and fly back.   ...

I was under the impression that updating was not optional. Therefore I did it. Well at least half of it.
2015-3-7
Use props
daninperth
lvl.4

United States

I do not know if this latest one was compulsory but was happy that it did not appear to be.  Did you get a warning message of some type?  Also, have you seen Dundee's input to the issue of controller update issues?  He's got reset file to help with controller update issues.
2015-3-7
Use props
MainlineAerial
New

United States

Seriously considering skipping this one!
2015-3-7
Use props
larry.crim
lvl.3

United States

I wished I skipped the update, my bird flew flawless until the update, now looses GPS several times in flight, weak transmission signal even when the bird is close, will not go into NTCS for video (switches back to PAL every time), will not select home position until I've started and hovered once and constant compass error even after calibrating along with getting warning the aircraft is behind me when it is not.  I get these issues in several locations not specific to one location Also seems video quality is grainy and a lot of jello.
2015-3-8
Use props
daninperth
lvl.4

United States

Colonel Angus Posted at 2015-3-8 09:30
Im with you on this I noticed a huge improvement as well..I get rock solid response since the new  ...

Hi Mike,

Do you fly with Multiple Flight Mode enabled?  Also, how often have you been calibrating compass and IMU since your update to the latest firmware?  Hope you are having fun this weekend.

Dan
2015-3-8
Use props
doctrrf
lvl.4

United States

Me too: Loss of GPS, auto switching to ATTI mode, video breakup -- not fun. Flew perfectly on 1.2.0.16

At this rate of "improvement" it won't be long before we start seeing new videos of Inspire 1s crashing into
garage doors again.
2015-3-8
Use props
cran4242
lvl.1

United States

doctrrf@aol.com Posted at 2015-3-9 03:53
Me too: Loss of GPS, auto switching to ATTI mode, video breakup -- not fun. Flew perfectly on 1.2.0. ...

I'm also having the same problems with new update, I had no problems at all with the previous firmware.
2015-3-8
Use props
DVPLLC
lvl.1

United States

Man, I guess we are not alone..  We have 2 Inspires at our HQ and after the update.  Neither one will fly.  One problem after another...  BIG problem!  

Drone Video Productions
2015-3-8
Use props
ruddy951
lvl.3
United States

Hey guys I have been playing around with the image transmition channels after .17 and I have found that I have not been forced into atti mode since I turned off auto detect channel and picked the best channel  manually .Could this be a solution or is it just coincidence?
2015-3-8
Use props
Arsenico
lvl.3
Flight distance : 392920 ft
Spain

Me too guys
  until the last firmware came out I thought my Inspire had the luck to be the only one who was suffering no errors.
Unfortunately with the installation of the new firmware am suffering all strange movements of the gimbal, lost momentary gps and entry into atti (like many others), imu calibration issue and Also today, one of the video files was corrupted, impossible to reproduce either the Inspire or computer
Is there any way to return to the old?:@:@
2015-3-8
Use props
daninperth
lvl.4

United States

Hi Ruddy,  

Sounds interesting.  I have tried a few things too...but nothing to do with image transmission.  I had a long series of consecutive flights yesterday that seemed free of this gps loss issue.  Can you or anyone else tell me if you are flying with Multiple Flight Mode disabled or enabled?  

Dan
2015-3-9
Use props
ruddy951
lvl.3
United States

Hey Dan
I myself am flying with multiple flight mode enabled.
2015-3-9
Use props
daninperth
lvl.4

United States

Thanks Ruddy.  I had mine disabled yesterday.  It is not inconvenient because you can switch that setting mid-flight anyway.  It was  just one thing I did differently.  After another 10 flights I will revert to previous settings and see what happens.  Probably just coincidence.  Sort of hard to figure out with so many variables but we shall keep trying.  
2015-3-9
Use props
Colonel Angus
Second Officer

United States

daninperth Posted at 2015-3-9 02:42
Hi Mike,

Do you fly with Multiple Flight Mode enabled?  Also, how often have you been calibrating ...

Great questions ..IMU once after firmware update and I calibrated compass once as well. All my readings are perfect day to day .Rock solid nut before the update the old version 16 was giving me weird compass reading but not enough to force a calibration. I did one any way when value raised over 1400. to 1500 +
Now all is god since 17 update...scratching my head here.

Hope this info was somewhat helpful oddly I think we all received our air crafts about the same time.
2015-3-9
Use props
ruddy951
lvl.3
United States

My imu cal stays between 1490-1550. I also calibrate gps before every flight session myself thankfully the last 5 or 6 flights have been flawless without gps loss.
2015-3-10
Use props
daninperth
lvl.4

United States

Well we can always blame it on the class M solar flares on Saturday   Good that we've had no dropouts since then.  Maybe the firmware has to get acquainted with our birds
2015-3-10
Use props
daninperth
lvl.4

United States

Ruddy or Mike and anyone else,

Do you notice improvement in vibration after IMU calibration?  I had pronounced vibration post update.  After two or three IMU calibrations it is not there but could be other variables.
2015-3-10
Use props
al2sar
lvl.1

Greece

After updating to 17 flew two flights, a total of 15 minutes, including testing two return to home ,one where the RC had been moved.
max distance 256 meters,max altitude 36 meters
Never lost signal,GPS or anything else
All worked as before update where it also had been flawless .

Just FYI
Hope this helps
2015-3-10
Use props
ruddy951
lvl.3
United States

I have not noticed much vibration with my bird at all , however I have seen multiple posts/youtube videos  of people complaining about props being unbalanced.  that could be an issue but unlikely if it went away with an imu re-cal.for me the imu recalibration has only seemed to fix small imperfections in the drift of the bird.
2015-3-10
Use props
DVPLLC
lvl.1

United States

DVPLLC Posted at 2015-3-9 04:47
Man, I guess we are not alone..  We have 2 Inspires at our HQ and after the update.  Neither one wil ...

Fix one of them by purchasing 4 Ipads.  Thats after buying 4 Nexus 9s and prior to that an off brand 4 set out of Hong Kong.. (They would not work at all.  The Nexus 9s only worked sometimes)  Now with the Ipads one flys perfect.  The other is still dead in the water..    And the DJI wait time when I call is over an hour wait to speak..  I know those guys are busy but the taste in our mouths is turning off sweet.  We do love the way the one is flying now.  So we still hold out hope.

Drone Video Productions
2015-3-10
Use props
daninperth
lvl.4

United States

DVPLLC Posted at 2015-3-11 06:12
Fix one of them by purchasing 4 Ipads.  Thats after buying 4 Nexus 9s and prior to that an off bra ...

The Inspire is too cool for school.  Once it has you in its charming grip it won't let you go.   But not being able to fly it when you were before has got to be hard.  Hope you get some help asap.
2015-3-11
Use props
DVPLLC
lvl.1

United States

daninperth Posted at 2015-3-11 21:06
The Inspire is too cool for school.  Once it has you in its charming grip it won't let you go.  ...

Thanks..  We hope so too...  At this point however, tech spt is just hanging up on people.   Too bad.

Drone Video Productions LLC
2015-3-12
Use props
ruddy951
lvl.3
United States

I keep listening to everyone complain about tech support .. at this point i just hope to god i never have to deal with them!
2015-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules