1628 15 2017-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jonnyrich
lvl.2
Flight distance : 818819 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Natalia,

I've had my P4P Plus for a few weeks now and despite repeated attempts to get it to fly straight in GPS mode, it doesn't.

I've cold (in the fridge) calibrated the IMU three times, compass calibration each time away from metal (watch, phone, re-inforced concrete etc). And still it doesn't fly straight.

As the drone moves away, it appears to fly straight for about 50m then veers to the right each time. I can keep in on track by using the controls, but my previous P4 would fly dead straight all the time.

Then when I stop forward movement, it dips lower and further to the right.

How can I get an RMA replacement please?

Many thanks,

Jonathan Richards
mail@jonathanrichards.tv
2017-5-12
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Before you do that, try calibrating the sticks first and see if this will help. For RMA you need to contact customer support not post it here.
2017-5-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

At what heights are you testing this?
2017-5-12
Use props
jonnyrich
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Yes, calibrated the sticks too!
2017-5-12
Use props
jonnyrich
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Various altitudes - 20m to 60m
2017-5-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is the link to send it in.
Since you've already done good compass and IMU calibrations, and stick calibration, I'm not sure what it can be.
You can also connect to the Assistant2 and restore to factory defaults and refresh the firmware to see if it makes a difference.
https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
2017-5-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

jonnyrich Posted at 2017-5-12 10:08
Various altitudes - 20m to 60m

The reason I asked is because VPS if you are flying over say grass surface VPS may not get a lock on this surface causing your aircraft to fly offline, if you fly above height of VPS i.e. 15 meters and it still continues, and as you have said tests are above this height so we know it's not VPS .
2017-5-12
Use props
jonnyrich
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-5-12 10:35
This is the link to send it in.
Since you've already done good compass and IMU calibrations, and stick calibration, I'm not sure what it can be.
You can also connect to the Assistant2 and restore to factory defaults and refresh the firmware to see if it makes a difference.

Hi Ken,

I have requested a return/repair as I can night fly professionally this way.
2017-5-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

jonnyrich Posted at 2017-5-12 12:13
Hi Ken,

I have requested a return/repair as I can night fly professionally this way.

Sorry your various repeated calibrations wouldn't correct this annoying glitch
Hopefully once you send it in, you'll get it back it tip top shape and excellent running order. ;-)

Turn around time shouldn't be too long. Good luck.

RedHotPoker
2017-5-12
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14950167 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Not that it helps you but there is a guy in a German forum who describes the EXACT same problem.
In P-Mode turning right, loosing altitude...
He also couldn't be helped besides the recommendation to send it in...
2017-5-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Record all serial numbers before shipping the flight kit back...  ;-)

Just to know if they were able to repair the unit, or if they simply switched it out.

RedHotPoker
2017-5-12
Use props
jonnyrich
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks guys. Just requested a warranty repair. Let's hope they can fix it! Shame, because it's a lovely drone otherwise
2017-5-12
Use props
Iser
lvl.2
Germany

Eric13 Posted at 2017-5-12 14:18
Not that it helps you but there is a guy in a German forum who describes the EXACT same problem.
In P-Mode turning right, loosing altitude...
He also couldn't be helped besides the recommendation to send it in...

Ha, maybe i might be that one

I have bought my P4P about three weeks ago.

Due to the weather i just could start test-flights about 1 week ago.
I have following issues with the P4P i will try to explain after some flights i did.
Used tablet:
Factory reseted Nvidia Shield K1 with Android 7 (i am aware of the Android 7/DJI Bug which ends up in crashes of the app an Interefrence issues)
DJI Go 4.0.7
Litchi is installed as well, but the used software does not be the problem of the issue.

P-MODE flight: Ø 18 satelites
1. In heights about under 15m the drone does not flight straight forward and backward if you push it over 30-40% of its power. On a flight 80m straight forward the drone will move after about 40m slighty to the right while seems to "hangover" over the Top-Right arm. By releasing the throttle the P4P will stop in breaking within a right curve movement ending ip about 10-15m away from a straight line. By flyling backwards from that position i have exact the same problem, but other way around. Drone is hanging on Rear-Left arm. By same flight distance the P4P will land nearly EXACTLY on the coordination where started. Left/right movement does not seems to have that.

2. Bug in DJI Go 4 within EXPO setting: the existing commas NEEDS to be points - otherwise the App will fail entering new figures. So you have to manueally overwrite the commas and can not just adjust with the sliders. Sorry but need to say that this is an beginner-mistake made by software engineers! Do not care if Android is the source or DJI!

I have made several IMU calibrations, Sensor calibrations and VPS calibrations. No change after all. The only strange thing i saw is that the Compass values jumps sometime around 30!

Stop with a curce

Stop with a curce
2017-5-12
Use props
Iser
lvl.2
Germany

Update:
1. I already tried to play around with VPS on off and all that stuff. But this not effect in any siginifacant way how the P4P behaves under about 15m height.

2. I know that this "bug" in DJI Go is not really a bug as the Settings rely on language settings, so you can fix that by sync the languages of the app and the OS. Anyhow, as we are talking about parameters which are read and write to the device the numbers/inputs should NOT BE effected by languages , and . settings! These numbers should be fixed in their "properties".
2017-5-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Anyway, wishing you all good luck.

Having a trouble free drone is a blessing and is very awesome, with much  to appreciate... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-5-13
Use props
jonnyrich
lvl.2
United Kingdom

This is my Airdata telemetry.

See the Orange balloon? That's the trajectory I get just flying forward and then stopping. The hook shape.

AirData Screenshot

AirData Screenshot
2017-5-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules