How technology is killing the joy of national parks
2516 35 2017-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

The press once again on the attack.  They will never put a drone in a positive light.

https://www.theguardian.com/envi ... n-technology-drones

2017-5-12
Use props
carlosbsantana
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1320591 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

I love reading comments on that type of posts
2017-5-12
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Xman1 Porsha...

As long as there are idiots who don't abide by the law then we will always have that negative exposure.

It is clearly stated DO NOT FLY over parks, over people, over events etc... and IDIOTS keep doing it and ruin it for everybody else...

We should and we must POINT OUT any behavior that will effect everybody's right to enjoy the pleasure of flying these drones so we don't end up ONLY flying in our backyards or basements in the near future.

SAFETY FIRST - FUN SECOND

2017-5-12
Use props
Fractures
lvl.3
Flight distance : 635531 ft
United States

So hypocritical... people can walk around with their cameras as much as they want and throw their trash wherever they want, walk up close to take pictures of animals, track and destory tons of area with foot traffic... but put a small flying camera 300' in the sky and everyone is in a fuc*ing uproar. Im sick of the bullsh** people need to get over themselves
2017-5-12
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

carlosbsantana Posted at 2017-5-12 09:55
I love reading comments on that type of posts

Thx for the tip as I missed it due to my blocker.  I will have to turn that off and read them.

Edit:  You made me smile reading those comments!  Double thx on letting me know!  
2017-5-12
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

dronist Posted at 2017-5-12 10:04
Xman1 Porsha...

As long as there are idiots who don't abide by the law then we will always have that negative exposure.

I hear ya.  Only National parks are out from what I understand though.

As for people I think statistically with anything, a certain percentage will always not abide by the law so the exposure you see is permanent.  You can apply this logic to anything.  Motorcycles, dogs on the beach, you name it.
2017-5-12
Use props
Yokota85
lvl.2
Flight distance : 255430 ft
United States

drones don't spoil the landscape or do any damage , people stomping all over the place and leaving trash does.  people who do not own drones or into aerial photography will not under stand  
2017-5-12
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Yokota85 Posted at 2017-5-12 10:25
drones don't spoil the landscape or do any damage , people stomping all over the place and leaving trash does.  people who do not own drones or into aerial photography will not under stand

Yokota,

Got you man, but the law is the law and unless you run for president and sign an EXECUTIVE ORDER like the donald, on your first day in office.. (BTW, I will vote for you )

then everyone has to abide by the law so we can freekinnn fly this things with no ADDITIONAL RESTRICTIONS!
2017-5-12
Use props
jeebs-9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 174262 ft
United States

Fractures Posted at 2017-5-12 10:06
So hypocritical... people can walk around with their cameras as much as they want and throw their trash wherever they want, walk up close to take pictures of animals, track and destory tons of area with foot traffic... but put a small flying camera 300' in the sky and everyone is in a fuc*ing uproar. Im sick of the bullsh** people need to get over themselves

Nice post!! hhahaha

But guys this is exactly like the internet or when cell phones came out. People are always going to reject things. And there will always be people who break the rules. Drones are still something very new.
2017-5-12
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
Second Officer
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

dronist Posted at 2017-5-12 10:04
Xman1 Porsha...

But it's ok for idiots to speed around in their black Merc breaking the laws when they please and then boast about it online .... ok, makes sense
2017-5-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Yokota85 Posted at 2017-5-12 10:25

Don't be fooled into thinking that people who fly drones don't stomp or don't have rubbish, I'm picturing in my mind drone pilots walking around in slippers with there own little green bags for trash. Lol
2017-5-12
Use props
dennyc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17461 ft
United States

Sadly no matter what your hobby, there are going to be those that want to demonize it.  As long as you are not being improper and buzzing people or invading someone's event people should just get a grip.  The same for walking around with a camera where you wouldn't impose on someone's event to take your own pictures or shove a camera in someone's face without permission.  

The comments section of that article was just filled with the type of people that would suck the happiness out of any room.
2017-5-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

dennyc Posted at 2017-5-12 11:34
Sadly no matter what your hobby, there are going to be those that want to demonize it.  As long as you are not being improper and buzzing people or invading someone's event people should just get a grip.  The same for walking around with a camera where you wouldn't impose on someone's event to take your own pictures or shove a camera in someone's face without permission.  

The comments section of that article was just filled with the type of people that would suck the happiness out of any room.

Good job dennyc , if only common sense could prevail.
2017-5-12
Use props
chalde
Second Officer
Flight distance : 668314 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you very much - my thoughts exactly.
2017-5-12
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

People come up to me and ask about it in public parks here. We can't fly in national parks so. But just be friendly, takes second of your time to show them the ropes. Only time deal with sheep stereotypes is in ghetto parks. People there all got issues.
2017-5-12
Use props
Yokota85
lvl.2
Flight distance : 255430 ft
United States

always wonder through nature,  enjoy everything  but leave no trace ...
2017-5-12
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2017-5-12 10:58
But it's ok for idiots to speed around in their black Merc breaking the laws when they please and then boast about it online .... ok, makes sense

Matttty, Reillllly,

I thought we were buddies... mate... and we don't call each others name!!!

but I knew the real you , will come out to the surface sooner not later. I know you can't stand the BLACK MERCEDES....It's killing you to look at it everyday....but no matter what I still love you mate...

Let me explain it to you again in 'slowwwww motion' so you can comprehend what I have already told you in the other post or better go to the other post and read it again.

We are talking about DRONES and not cars. There are LAWS like everything else. So don't come back and complain about it. Otherwise like I told Yokota, the cute one...

Run for 'queen' of England, flip your eyelashes and change the laws and I will be the first one to GIVE IT to you, sorry, I mean CHEERS IT to you...and maybe you will start liking the BLACK MERCEDES again... maybe , maybe not...

2017-5-12
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

dennyc Posted at 2017-5-12 11:34

That is a second GOOD JOB DennyC... and an up vote too!
2017-5-12
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

dronist Posted at 2017-5-12 15:53
Matttty, Reillllly,

I thought we were buddies...  mate... and we don't call each others name!!!

It's been a long time since I have had a good look at a Merc as they are always hard to see when they are in my rear-view mirror.  (Ouch!  That one was good!)
2017-5-12
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2017-5-12 10:58

I hear ya.  It is more a press problem since a since a car will typically fade into the scenery these days and no one gives 2 cents about it.

I wonder how long Henry Ford had to hear horse people talking about how his cars were scaring their horses before everyone kinda got used to them?

The press will hyperbole it for as long as they can though if it gets them more views.

Speaking of horse people...  Horse people are still a problem these days as they are always looking to block my quads from the roads they like.  They argue that the quad rips up the road when their horse I would argue is more destructive than my quads.
2017-5-12
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Xman1 Posted at 2017-5-12 17:12
It's been a long time since I have had a good look at a Merc as they are always hard to see when they are in my rear-view mirror.  (Ouch!  That one was good!)

OK  Porsha... First show us what you got...and I am praying it is not a Boxster....

Now, I on the other hand I can see these Porsha really well with all the detailed since I can catch up to them and then Slowwww Mooooo next to them and   and then {:4_154:} Zooooooom by them and leave them like what just happened???  ...

2017-5-12
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

dronist Posted at 2017-5-12 17:57
OK  Porsha... First show us what you got...and I am praying it is not a Boxster....

Now, I on the other hand I can see these Porsha really well with all the detailed since I can catch up to them and then Slowwww Mooooo next to them and   and then  Zooooooom by them and leave them  like what just happened???  ...

Which one?  There is more than one, and I will tell you this, even my slowest one is still faster than any Merc.  
2017-5-12
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Xman1 Posted at 2017-5-12 19:16
Which one?  There is more than one, and I will tell you this, even my slowest one is still faster than any Merc.

Dont' be offended man... I thought we are cool... flaming each other... Come on don't be shy now... Show them all....
2017-5-12
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

dronist Posted at 2017-5-12 19:19
Come on Xman, don't be shy now... Show them all...

I don't reveal all my cards at one time....

And just for fun, I do own one Boxster, which is my sleeper for you Merc people.  Hehehehe.  In its config, it was the only one for sale in the USA when I bought it too.  I'd suggest you be very wary of Boxsters, as among the innocent ones, there are versions that sound somewhat abnormal.
2017-5-12
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Xman1 Posted at 2017-5-12 19:57
I don't reveal all my cards at one time....

And just for fun, I do own one Boxster, which is my sleeper for you Merc people.  Hehehehe.  In its config, it was the only one for sale in the USA when I bought it too.  I'd suggest you be very wary of Boxsters, as among the innocent ones, there are versions that sound somewhat abnormal.

You are really scaring me now     with all those James Bond talks...

Maybe you are Matttttt and Reillllley fellow in disguise   that English fellow that keeps trolling me around... Are you? Are you?...

2017-5-12
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

dronist Posted at 2017-5-12 20:08
You are really scaring me now     with all those James Bond talks...

Maybe you are Matttttt and Reillllley fellow in disguise   that English fellow that keeps trolling me around... Are you? Are you?...

You will never know!  
2017-5-12
Use props
Mcflying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

You cannot stop technology!

The Locomotive Act 1865 stipulated that any self-propelled road vehicle  had to be preceded by a person walking at least 60 yards ahead, carrying  a red flag
5845385.jpg
2017-5-12
Use props
bomberuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16759 ft
United Kingdom

very well said Fractures the rules are way to strict and were made by someone who dont understand the tech or has even owned a drone.
2017-5-12
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I find it totally hipacritacal and a complete and utter joke that some countries or states allow the so called Sick Sport of trophy hunting and trapping which is so cruel  of some of the most beautiful creatures on earth including the slaughter of complete pods of dolphins and whales....yet say flying a drone is harmful to the nature! What the are these idiots on!!!!

2017-5-12
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Xman1 Posted at 2017-5-12 17:12

It's in your rear view mirror because it's nose first in a ditch after crashing and killing a family taking a nice weekend drive. Actually the whole family didn't die, one 6 year old orphan survived, he'll live, but not well.

2017-5-13
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

Mcflying Posted at 2017-5-12 22:17
You cannot stop technology!

The Locomotive Act 1865 stipulated that any self-propelled road vehicle  had to be preceded by a person walking at least 60 yards ahead, carrying  a red flag

Yep, that's why I pulled Usain Bolt out of retirement.  
2017-5-13
Use props
81SFORLIFE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 313281 ft
United States

That lava tube shot has to be epic!
2017-5-13
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2017-5-13 02:08
It's in your rear view mirror because it's nose first in a ditch after crashing and killing a family taking a nice weekend drive. Actually the whole family didn't die, one 6 year old orphan survived, he'll live, but not well.

I am sure there are some people that own a fast car that also do not possess the reflexes, intuition, calculation, and common sense to drive anything past a Kia, and maybe you are one of them, and I understand that this is what you were maybe born with, but I am not one of them, and I am also fairly certain that if dronist still has a pristine looking AMG, he probably isn't either.  He just hasn't graduated from a people mover to a pure Porsche race car yet.
2017-5-13
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Xman1 Posted at 2017-5-13 14:37
I am sure there are some people that own a fast car that also do not possess the reflexes, intuition, calculation, and common sense to drive anything past a Kia, and maybe you are one of them, and I understand that this is what you were maybe born with, but I am not one of them, and I am also fairly certain that if dronist still has a pristine looking AMG, he probably isn't either.  He just hasn't graduated from a people mover to a pure Porsche race car yet.

I really shouldn't have anything more than a Kia, my right foot has a mind of it's own and I kept running out of points.

Just calling out dronist on his ranting about drone safety and laws while at the same time boasting about getting speeding tickets in his car. By his logic if he keeps speeding and breaking the laws they'll ban us all from driving. We must stop him
2017-5-13
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2017-5-13 14:57
I really shouldn't have anything more than a Kia, my right foot has a mind of it's own and I kept running out of points.

Just calling out dronist on his ranting about drone safety and laws while at the same time boasting about getting speeding tickets in his car. By his logic if he keeps speeding and breaking the laws they'll ban us all from driving. We must stop him

I guess I am missing the back story on that one.  I don't get tickets, but if you do, get a lawyer.  For $300 you can get the ticket converted to something else.
2017-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules