Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
I have 2 ronin-m battery that won't charge
1234Next >
88144 127 2017-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans757b2b9b
New
Canada

I have 2 ronin-m battery that won't charge. the 3 light blinks repeatidly when I try to connect the first one to the charger but the battry still wont charge. The second one won't charge at all. I know that both the charger and the battery are compatible since It used to work. What do you think is in fault here. I bought my Ronin with 2 new battery last christmas and I only used them a very few couple of time so I don't think the batteries are dead from normal use.
2017-5-12
Use props
BLF101
New
United States

I'm having the same problem. I bought my ronin m at the end of march. I've used it some, but not to the point where the batteries should be failing. I needed this thing to work this weekend. Please help ASAP!!
2017-6-2
Use props
Jemel.richards
New

United Kingdom

I am also having this problem. Mine is brand new and I haven't used it once; the batteries just won't charge. Did anyone find a solution?
2017-6-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I'm sorry that this was missed, did you happen to get this sorted already, or do you still need help?
2017-6-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Jemel.richards Posted at 2017-6-14 11:30
I am also having this problem. Mine is brand new and I haven't used it once; the batteries just won't charge. Did anyone find a solution?

Do your batteries turn on at all or are they completely unresponsive prior to charging? If it's the latter, you would want to look into exchanging the unit if you just got it. If it's the former, try turning on the battery prior to charging and see if the issue persists.
2017-6-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

BLF101 Posted at 2017-6-2 04:54
I'm having the same problem. I bought my ronin m at the end of march. I've used it some, but not to the point where the batteries should be failing. I needed this thing to work this weekend. Please help ASAP!!

Did you already get this addressed as well? Did the batteries turn on at all prior to trying to charge them or are they completely unresponsive? Have you gotten in contact with Support about this?
2017-6-14
Use props
fansa6d43ba7
New

Nigeria

I just got a dji Ronin-MX, It comes with 2 batteries, I realized that Only one of these batteries is charging.
The other one is not responding.
I need support please.
2017-6-23
Use props
bezmedia
New

Australia

I recently have occured this issue also, I use my Ronin-M full time every week, but all of a sudden both batteries will not charge. they work fine still within the Ronin-M but once i plug into the charger.
They begin the charging light cycle, and cycle through the lights twice, then it stops and just flashes on the first light and does not charge.
I cannot find any solution for this
2017-7-4
Use props
fans757b2b9b
New
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-14 22:15
I'm sorry that this was missed, did you happen to get this sorted already, or do you still need help?

I bought a new one and it's working fine but once again I'm afraid that I just spend 120$ on a "ready to die" battery. I make the ronin one of the most unreliable stabilizer system I have ever used (thought I just used it 3 time) . Seriously DJI I like you product but if you don't fix this problem you'll lose some faithful customer or have them fill a class action against you. It is very frustrating! Thanks for your help tho
2017-8-15
Use props
pondhockeypics
New

Canada

Any update on this issue?
I bought the Ronin-M in June of 2016, just over a year ago. With it I purchased 2 extra batteries for 3 total. These are the 1580mAh, model 423496.

Two of those batteries have been in light use, maybe have used the gimbal 6-7 times in the year. The other battery's been in its box, never opened, and kept as a backup.

Yesterday began charging the batteries for a shoot and one battery charges fine but the other doesn't. The LEDs begin to blink like it's about to charge but then just shuts off.

On advice from other people having this issue, left the battery in the charger overnight hoping for a "jumpstart" but that did nothing. Still having the same issue.

So I then opened the backup battery (for the first time since purchasing) only to be met with the exact same problem. The brand new, never used battery, will not charge.

Firmware on Ronin-M is up to date and I'm using the charger that came with the gimbal.

DJI, how do I get these batteries working again?

2017-8-26
Use props
tecel8
lvl.1
Germany

Hi,

check the batteries in the software. There you can see what their charging status is. Anything above 10% you should be able to reanimate. We had flashing batteries of your typ sometimes but allways got them back to work. Sometimes it helps to put them in the gimbal and use them a little, sometimes just pressing the botton on the bat before charging helps and sometimes leting them rest another day helps. We have 6 bats of your typ and some like flashing but finally all are working. It surely helps to let them work from time to time.
2017-9-1
Use props
djiuser_oIpuaTO
New
United States

SAME problem - opened my new DJI Ronin-M - everything is great except the new batteries will not charge.
Why does a company that makes such great products ship such crappy batteries???
I don't like spending so much money on a product only to open it and have the batteries NOT work.
2017-12-9
Use props
AdrenalineX
New
Norway

I have the same problem too. I have not used my Ronin-M for a while and now none of my batteries will charge!!! They begin the charging light cycle, and cycle through the lights twice, then it stops and just flashes on the first light and does not charge. I think DJI should provide a solution or replace faulty batteries.
2017-12-18
Use props
AdrenalineX
New
Norway

AdrenalineX Posted at 2017-12-18 13:43
I have the same problem too. I have not used my Ronin-M for a while and now none of my batteries will charge!!! They begin the charging light cycle, and cycle through the lights twice, then it stops and just flashes on the first light and does not charge. I think DJI should provide a solution or replace faulty batteries.

..or charger.
2017-12-18
Use props
proimages
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1004731 ft
United States

Add me to the list- used the Ronin last week for first time since it was returned from the factory for a variety of issues caused by a firmware update..
Now one of two replaced batteries wont work nor will it charge - showed 4 bars and died the moment the ronin tried to start. Haven't tried to charge second battery yet.
Both were buldged a little from factory.
Firmware update day before a job killed both RC / thumb control and 2 batteries entire ronin had to be sent in. So this battery has been used once or twice if that..never been able to use the Ronin in production
as it failed to work for the job it was purchased for and failed in later testing on a jib..(cant sit for hours as promised by sales reps.)
Has to be the worst investment I ever made and damaged my business rep.
Darrin
2017-12-20
Use props
fans617e43ed
New
India

Same here, my Ronin MX was bought from DJI online and just a few months old and the batteries had shown inconsistent charging.

Now I am traveling in India and carried with lot of effort and cost and the batteries just won’t charge. No pulse and no charging whatsoever. I have shoots lined up and India doesn’t even seem to have any DJI customer support options.  
2017-12-25
Use props
zeilstar
lvl.1

United States

Apologies for reviving this. Pulling my MX and batteries off the shelf only to find batteries won't take a charge.

The 1580 batteries I have recommend only using DJI charger model BC235144015. Has anyone found success using this charger? It only outputs 1.5A. I'm currently using the 3.3A charger for the larger Ronin 3400 mAh batteries, which has always seemed to work in the past.
2018-2-12
Use props
ScottShafer
New
United States

Same Problem. Bought the Ronin M less then a year ago and one of the Batteries is not charging. I am not seeing any resolution. What are you doing? Just buying a new battery?
2018-2-27
Use props
Drone South
lvl.1
United States

How is everyone having this exact same problem and there is no solution?
2018-3-19
Use props
KevinTheJames
New

I also purchased a DJI Ronin M, received 2 batteries, and one battery stopped taking a charge after only 5-6 uses.
2018-4-10
Use props
BFork
New

Well, I see I'm not alone... Anyone find out if DJI is doing anything about this issue?!?
2018-6-25
Use props
fansa22e8b78
lvl.1
Flight distance : 457835 ft

I’m having the very same issue. 1 of the 3 batteries I purchased around  September 17. Wouldn’t take a charge from the start. I’ve been arguing with them for a year that it is a manufacturing issue.  They told me to buy more batteries.  
2018-7-3
Use props
fansa22e8b78
lvl.1
Flight distance : 457835 ft

Has anyone, anywhere, ever, had a good experience with DJI support?  
2018-7-3
Use props
fans16b6529b
lvl.1

Ireland

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-14 22:15

Same issue for me. Both were working and used little, now one blinks on the charger then stops charging.

DJI, you have to do something about this.
2018-7-31
Use props
GAVIN BENJAMIN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 97575 ft
Canada

Hey has anyone received a answer to this issue i have three ronin m batteries and nothing one day at shooting nothing then didn't turn on I'm willing to pay a fee to fix them they were a gift to i don't know what to do help!!!
2018-8-4
Use props
fansbcb47ead
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Lots of complaints and no resolve? I have three relatively new batteries all dead, and not working. Maybe we should get Trading Standards involved as these are defective designs and people are forking our loads of hard earned cash for replacement after replacement with no resolve from Ronin.
2018-8-4
Use props
proimages
lvl.4

fansa22e8b78 Posted at 2018-7-3 04:31
I’m having the very same issue. 1 of the 3 batteries I purchased around  September 17. Wouldn’t take a charge from the start. I’ve been arguing with them for a year that it is a manufacturing issue.  They told me to buy more batteries.

same here, pound sand for a battery used 1-2 times..sucks!! Make me want a refund!! I spent top dollar on a device that been replaced twice along with all of my peripherals and now my replaced batteries are dead. This is very wrong and we should have replacement batteries no questions asked!!
2018-8-4
Use props
Tim Jeghers
New

United States

I'm in the same boat.  I have 2 batteries for my Ronin M. One died and is completely un-responsive.  The other one won't charge and has maybe an hour of shoot time.

I can't justify spending $120 every other time I need to shoot with this thing.

It's absurd that I only got maybe a dozen uses out of this thing before $250 worth of batteries died on me.  And of course I'm outside of the warranty period so it's on me?

Has anyone gotten any response from DJI about a remedy?  Is there any reassurance that the replacements won't die right after the warranty?

They seem like they just stopped responding to everyone in this thread...

DJI? Anything?
2018-8-4
Use props
proimages
lvl.4

Bumped Cause this is being ignored..I'm out $340 and Ronin is sitting dead..If these were used I'd be fine COB but the fact these were replacements of my original batteries that were defunct-ed by firmware.
A long series of issues that have kept this thing in a box and unreliable in production. Your new models look great but this post is exactly why I will look elsewhere first!
2018-8-14
Use props
djiuser_ZAVSP89j1mlz
New

France

I have the same problem with my Ronin S !!!
2018-9-9
Use props
Property Pilots
lvl.2
Flight distance : 789836 ft
  • >>>

my Ronin-m battery has just done the same.
I have two batteries and they get used around three to four times a week, and today after use, the lights are red and when plugged in to charge, it just stops.
I still have one battery and will be using it tomorrow and I guess I'll have to get another ordered.
I'd like to also know why they just stop.
2018-9-18
Use props
Collin Murray
New

United States

GUYS!!! Try flipping the end of the cord which connects to the AC adapter! It worked for us
2018-10-4
Use props
djiuser_lOlFK6x3VV0f
lvl.2
United States

I have a brand new Ronin MX and the two batteries won't charge. Like everyone else here, I can find no good answers. Tried firmware update on the ronin, but can't tell if it's doing anything (because I can't power the ronin).
2019-2-23
Use props
Steven Yates
New

Canada

2019.  Just bought the
Ronin M.

Just experiences the same issue as mentioned above.  I can't even try the dam thing.

"I have two batteries and they get used around three to four times a week, and today after use, the lights are red and when plugged in to charge, it just stops."

DJI C'mon man.........
2019-3-2
Use props
fans2ad16dd1
New

New Zealand

Same problem here. 2 batteries, both would indicate 1 bar and not charge. Left one on the charger overnight, and it fully drained so no lights at all now. I got fed some line from support about proper battery storage. I've never experienced anything like this from any other batteries. Even if they won't reach full capacity, they should still accept a charge. It's something to do with the 'intelligent' aspect. Planned obsolescence?
2019-3-3
Use props
alenhaz
New

Sweden

They are completely ignoring this issue lol.

I just got a BRAN NEW one yesterday and the batteries will flash a bit and then die when charging. Note that it has been charging for about 4-5 hours without response.

Has ANYONE figured this out??
2019-3-6
Use props
markks
New
Germany

Same here. I have 4 brand new 423496-1580mAh batterys just out of the box. all dont charge.
2019-3-16
Use props
fanse87b2134
lvl.1

South Africa

I take it no one has ever resolved this and DJI doesn’t seem to give a crap? I have two working batts and two that don’t. One that came with the MX kit and the other Part 44 battery didn’t even work out of the box.
2019-4-4
Use props
DJI User4944
New

United States

Collin Murray Posted at 2018-10-4 10:30
GUYS!!! Try flipping the end of the cord which connects to the AC adapter! It worked for us

Which ends of which cord do I need to flipped - the ones which are going into the battery ? I have the same problem as everyone in this forum and it seems no one has a solution but keep buying new batteries and that is no solution either ?! could you explain and I can try out as well ...
thank you
Andreas
2019-4-17
Use props
Jordansprad
New
United States

I wrote an email to tech support asking, I have 2 different units that both have the same issues.  I told them it's crazy to have a tech forum for help and no one from the company can answer any questions to help.  Honestly, if the batteries weren't $100 a pop and only $20 I wouldn't complain. But when the 2 batteries it comes with equals 1/4 of the cost it's a bit too much.  

I'm getting ready to just tear one of the batteries apart just to see if there's some way for me to hack it back into working.

2019-5-8
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules