[OLD] Forum Regulations
402143 465 2014-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
philml420
lvl.2

United States

Every forum i join is easy to use! With out buying anything,  here i bought my 3d drone and it makes u want to move to other forum
2015-12-3
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

Looks like you just did.
2015-12-6
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

philml420@gmail Posted at 2015-12-3 22:30
Here it works, im very very very disappointed in phantom 3 standard  for one, all posts here is abou ...

So you are saying you are having range issues?

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the Go app.

Also make sure your firmware is up to date.
2015-12-6
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

philml420@gmail Posted at 2015-12-3 22:32
Every forum i join is easy to use! With out buying anything,  here i bought my 3d drone and it makes ...

You do not need to buy anything to use this forum.
2015-12-6
Use props
philml420
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-12-6 21:29
So you are saying you are having range issues?

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the Go app.

I never flew before update,i so wish i did,just to know, i like to take slow steps ,even though i flew my vision 3400 feet at 400 feet altitude, i still want to make sure the p3 is all set and tested before i go far with it,funny thing i remember about controller,before update ,when its on (inside the house) when i put my hand around rc antenna (even with out touching it) it would say *weak signal* it doesnt do it after update,but it seems like the video wifi signal bars dont move at all,when it loses signal it just says lost video ,yet bars are still full,not sure how it was before update ,i checked antenna wires inside remote,it looks good to me ,also,is there a way to change channels manually on rc and video ,like i seen in the video in the older dji app (maybe it was pro) and is there a way to see if im actually in fcc mode?
2015-12-12
Use props
philml420
lvl.2

United States

infullview Posted at 2015-10-16 00:05
I just received my phantom 3 professional after downloading the new Firmware_v1.4.00 and updating m ...

I had same thing happened to me after update in my p3 standard, it all went away after i calibrated remote control  (make sure you calibrate the gimbal dial too)
2015-12-12
Use props
philml420
lvl.2

United States

philml420@gmail Posted at 2015-12-12 22:02
I never flew before update,i so wish i did,just to know, i like to take slow steps ,even though i  ...

And thank you for replys :-)
Another question,  why cant they have previous firmware files on dji page for phantom 3 standard ,like they have for pro and adv?
2015-12-12
Use props
philml420
lvl.2

United States

gwoods Posted at 2015-11-13 12:56
I could use some help. Using my samsuge galaxy. wifi repeater connection failed?

I had same problem with my vision on Samsung Galaxy Note 2,i had to put the phone into airplane mode to fix the problem
2015-12-12
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

philml420@gmail Posted at 2015-12-12 20:11
Another question,  why cant they have previous firmware files on dji ...

There should be 2 firmware version on the site.
2015-12-13
Use props
my8thgencivic80
New

United States

Hello all, great forum and happy to be part of it.  Just bought my first drone, phantom III Advanced. I'm hooked !  Some questions I hope you all can answer for me.   #1- I'm hearing horror stories of the firmware updates. Update or not to update ?? She seems to fly great as is.   #2- are there any aftermarket purchases / upgrades you all suggest out the gate ?   Thanks for the help !!
2015-12-14
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

my8thgencivic80 Posted at 2015-12-14 18:15
Hello all, great forum and happy to be part of it.  Just bought my first drone, phantom III Advanced ...

It is up to you, but we recommend to update.
No real needed aftermarket stuff...

Enjoy your new Phantom!

Dave
2015-12-16
Use props
polko
New

Poland

RE: Welcome and Forum Regulations

Hi

I am new DJI user. I am glad to join this interested and usfull forum.

2015-12-18
Use props
deepseadenis
New

United States

Hello everyone,  very excited to begin my done journey.
2015-12-18
Use props
deepseadenis
New

United States

deepseadenis Posted at 2015-12-18 11:44

Drone journey,  that is
2015-12-18
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

polko Posted at 2015-12-18 03:37
Hi

I am new DJI user. I am glad to join this interested and usfull forum.

Welcome to the forum.

Dave
2015-12-22
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

deepseadenis Posted at 2015-12-18 08:44

Also welcome to the forum.

Dave
2015-12-22
Use props
Solitaire
lvl.4
Australia

Hi everyone

Phantom 2 Vision user for sometime but not all that active on the old phantom forum. After a number of DJI emails about the OSMO, I thought I would take a more serious look - and found that the forum has all changed (and a good one at that). Over the last couple of weeks I have spent many hours trolling through the OSMO threads - and even after that went an bought one!

Thanks for everyone's contributions as there has been some very interesting comments/discussions.

I am already finding out how quickly the battery drains (and the one on the phone as well). It would have been good to take advantage of the "free battery" promotion that has been spoken about, but the only sources of the product that seemed to advertise this were certain online resellers (such as eBay). With a warranty issue I had in the past with my P2V I was not game to purchase online - and the only local suppliers were not aware of the promotion. So I guess I am in the same boat as all of you early adopters.

One quick question if I may - with all of the updates and issues with them reported on this forum, is it worth "living" with way the OSMO is out of the box for a little while longer, or should I jump in and do the firmware update?

Cheers
Sol
2015-12-30
Use props
Nink
lvl.2

Canada

Jim Lacey Posted at 2015-8-22 12:56
WHAT THE PHANTOM 3 INSTRUCTIONS
DON’T TELL YOU

Hi Everyone
I purchased a toy quad ($50) for my son for Christmas It was garbage, died in 24 hours but we had a lot of fun so we decided to purchase a real one.  Picked up a P3P in a Boxing Day sale (extra battery, case, guards etc)

We are still in beginner mode about to turn off but not sure what to look out for. We have only had a few flights, one in local park, back yard, front yard and one today on a vacant farm field.  I can't believe how easy it is to fly especially after using a toy one that just randomly shoots off in any direction.

So my question is what do we need to look out for when we turn off beginner mode, is it harder to fly, what does it allow you to do that I can't do in beginner mode ?
2016-1-2
Use props
Nink
lvl.2

Canada

Nink Posted at 2016-1-2 14:29
Hi Everyone
I purchased a toy quad ($50) for my son for Christmas It was garbage, died in 24 hour ...

Well I disabled beginner mode and promptly crashed it while flying around my basement, broke one of the blades but other than that all is good.  Looks like the sensor that monitors position didn't like the floor as there is no pattern to lock onto. I think I need to learn how to fly it unassisted before I attempt this one again.   Blade guards are now on and my wife is questioning my sanity.
2016-1-3
Use props
peter1.harper
lvl.1
Flight distance : 547083 ft
United Kingdom

Down loaded new firmware and now keeps loosing signal and video very jumpy and keeps freezing any idea any one
2016-1-4
Use props
alstontodd
New

United States

Why do I lose calibration in mid-flight.
2016-1-4
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

alstontodd Posted at 2016-1-4 20:12
Why do I lose calibration in mid-flight.

Reset everything. Try an advanced IMU calibration. Then do a compass calibration.
2016-1-5
Use props
michaelhenry_b
New

United States

Hi, thank you for adding me in the forum. I have a question about my new dji Phantom 3 standard which I purchased last Jan 15,2016 at bestbuy. How do I look up the firmware version of my phantom 3 and do I have to upgrade it now or is the upgrade really necessary?. Because I'm afraid I might screw things up on my new DJI and reading nightmare threads in the forums after upgrading the firmware? thank you.
2016-1-10
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

Nink Posted at 2016-1-3 09:50
Well I disabled beginner mode and promptly crashed it while flying around my basement, broke one o ...

You will get the hang of it. Just takes a little time and practice.

Dave
2016-1-11
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

michaelhenry_b Posted at 2016-1-10 07:54
Hi, thank you for adding me in the forum. I have a question about my new dji Phantom 3 standard whic ...

I would recommend updating. Despite the threads you are reading it is actually very easy and most all have no problems at all.

Dave
2016-1-11
Use props
TOROMBO
lvl.1

United States

Here is a video from North Miami !

hope everyone enjoys!
2016-1-11
Use props
carlicardinal
New

Uruguay

Hello I am writing from Uruguay a new user of a phantom 3 Standard any doubts or inconvenience will be writing! thank you, Carlos
2016-1-15
Use props
colie75
New

United States

Hey everyone

After attending  DJI's new pilot experience at CES in Las Vegas. I got extremely hooked and had to get one for myself.  So the second I got back form the trip, I ordered a Phantom 3 Advanced.  Now I've owned a RC helicopters before. But unfortuntly that only lasted for like 5 seconds.   To be honestly I was a bit nervous the first time I took the controls of the Phantom 3.  But just after a few minutes I got comfortable and even started looking like a pro. It's accually quite surprising to see how easy it is to fly. And best of all I did't even crash it after 5 seconds LOL!  
2016-1-15
Use props
flocko
lvl.1

United States

New member here . Thanks for allowing me to join !!
2016-1-17
Use props
Wee Joe
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hey All! Glad to be here
2016-1-18
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

Good to see the new members checking in.   We are glad you are here!

Dave
2016-1-20
Use props
Turbolz
lvl.1

Italy

Hello new to the Forum. Not owner of an  Osmo yet. Just waiting for same little improvement (will ask in specific topic).
Hi
2016-1-30
Use props
powersofts
lvl.1

Netherlands

Hi everybody,
bought my first quadcopter last week here in the Netherlands, P3A.
Because of the bad weather no chance to make my first flight but no problem.
In the meantime i'm reading a lot of articles about the firmware issues.
I have firmware 1.4 in the phantom and decided to let it stay as long as possible.
i hate the horror stories of the vibrations and battery issues.
Regards,
Anthony
2016-1-30
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

Turbolz Posted at 2016-1-30 07:21
Hello new to the Forum. Not owner of an  Osmo yet. Just waiting for same little improvement (will as ...

Welcome!
2016-1-30
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

powersofts Posted at 2016-1-30 15:38
Hi everybody,
Because of the bad  ...

You should be good on 1.4 for a long time.
2016-1-30
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

powersofts Posted at 2016-1-30 15:38
Hi everybody,
Because of the bad  ...

You should be good on 1.4 for a long time.
2016-1-30
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

philml420@gmail Posted at 2015-12-12 20:11
Another question,  why cant they have previous firmware files on dji ...

Mostly because it is different. It has to be updated through the app.
2016-1-30
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534587 ft
United Kingdom

Eirlink Posted at 2014-10-7 18:57
http://vimeo.com/92071943

That's cool. Make life easy.
2016-2-1
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

Bhujang Posted at 2016-2-1 07:44
That's cool. Make life easy.

Yeah that is a really good tip. :-)

Dave
2016-2-3
Use props
diego.ignarro
New

Italy

Tomorrow i'll become new dronian-man... I just buy my phantom 3 advanced... Hi all
2016-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules