Does the S900 GoPro gimbal operate separately to flight operation
4079 8 2014-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TerryO
New

United Kingdom

Hi there, I'm looking at purchasing the S900 but I'm not sure what gimbal to buy with it as I'm expecting it doesn't come with one?
I've operated the Phantom 2 Vision Plus which was very impressive although moving the camera into position is jerky for professional standards.  i've watched lots of videos about the S900 and it looks very impressive although I'm still not clear what to get.  My friend has a GoPro 3 which I could use on the S900, if that's the case I assume I need to purchase the Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal?  My concern is that this gimbal doesn't have the same about of control as the Z15.  Does the GoPro gimbal provide separate controls for the camera/ gimbal operation or is that fixed and camera operation is controlled by the direction of flight?
My main concern is being able to use the GoPro gimbal and whether or not you can see control the camera so that if you point down and left and then sweep upwards towards the top/ right position.

Thanks,

2014-10-11
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you are going to invest in the S900, I would consider one of the Z15 gimbals.  You have a choice of the Sony Nex5N and 7N to GH3, GH4, BMPCC and 5D.  The S900 with a GoPro is overkill in my opinion.  No the H3-3D does not offer pan control only tilt.  
2014-10-11
Use props
TerryO
New

United Kingdom

thanks for the reply.  Are you saying I can use the Sony Nex5N or Sony Next7N with the GH3 gimbal or the GH4?  What is the operational difference between the GH3 and GH4 please?

Thanks,
2014-10-11
Use props
DJI-nick
lvl.1

China

TerryO Posted at 2014-10-12 04:05
thanks for the reply.  Are you saying I can use the Sony Nex5N or Sony Next7N with the GH3 gimbal or ...

no operational difference between GH3 and GH4,  just different mount frame.
2014-10-21
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

There is a big difference, The gh4 supports both gh3 and gh4 cameras. The gh4 is also HD compliant and is plug and play with Lightbridge.
2014-10-21
Use props
justin.rose
New

United States

The GH4 records in 4k and the GH3 does not, if you're comparing the cameras. Each gimbal is camera and lens specific. You cannot use a sony camera on a GH3/4 Gimbal. You also need to use the lens specified in the owner's manual as each gimbal is perfectly balanced for the lens specified. You will definitely want to use a Z15 Gimbal. If you just want to use a H3-3D and gopro, don't bother with the S900 or S1000 as there's no need for that big of an airframe.
2014-11-3
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

This question was about gimbals not the difference from gh3 vs gh4 camera.
2014-11-4
Use props
nexco
New

Turkey

Hello.
I have a device  whose brand code is DJI S900.
May I connect another equipment whose brand is ALIN G3-5D Gimbal?
Are they compatible or  Suitable with each other??

Please help...
2014-11-15
Use props
DJI-祥天空
lvl.1

China

Dear Nexco,
For the question that you descriped above, pls noted that S900 only could match with below gimbal systems:
Zenmuse Z15, Z15-GH4 (HD), Z15-GH3, Z15-BMPCC
so sorry to remind you that ALIN G3-5D Gimbal won't compatible with DJI S900
Best Regards,
DJI Innovations
2014-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules