Driving with Osmo
816 6 2017-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pbjunky
lvl.1
United States

Today I decided to take the osmo out on the atv to test how the gimble handles the bumps.

2017-5-12
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

That worked really well, when put to use correctly that little Osmo is quite amazing. Looking forward to seeing more of your exploring the woods

But the footage looks very odd, blurred, highly compressed? The Osmo can produce something much crisper and brighter than that. What settings did you have?
2017-5-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

As steady footage goes that's impressive, what were you driving and using to hold Osmo.
2017-5-14
Use props
Pbjunky
lvl.1
United States

I was driving a kabota atv and hand holding the Osmo.
2017-5-14
Use props
Pbjunky
lvl.1
United States

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2017-5-13 12:07
That worked really well, when put to use correctly that little Osmo is quite amazing. Looking forward to seeing more of your exploring the woods

But the footage looks very odd, blurred, highly compressed? The Osmo can produce something much crisper and brighter than that. What settings did you have?

4k 30fps, shutter locked at 60fps and varable iso. The footage was a little dark due to it being cloudy so I tried to lighten it up a bit in post. Still learning what all it can do and how to edit, hopefully things will get better with more time under my belt
2017-5-14
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

Pbjunky Posted at 2017-5-14 18:47
4k 30fps, shutter locked at 60fps and varable iso. The footage was a little dark due to it being cloudy so I tried to lighten it up a bit in post. Still learning what all it can do and how to edit, hopefully things will get better with more time under my belt

I've had the osmo struggle in places like that, low light, lots of very green detail.

It would be interesting to see the same shots done at 1080, 2k and 4k. Think the osmo is struggling with the light and detail, sure I heard that lowering the resolution means more data per frame and can help.

Gimbal extension lead is handy extra to have for bolting the osmo to vehicles, nice low down shots would be cool

2017-5-15
Use props
Pbjunky
lvl.1
United States

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2017-5-15 03:43
I've had the osmo struggle in places like that, low light, lots of very green detail.

It would be interesting to see the same shots done at 1080, 2k and 4k. Think the osmo is struggling with the light and detail, sure I heard that lowering the resolution means more data per frame and can help.

I might try the same path in the different modes in the near future. I live on the road I filmed so access is easy, time on the other hand....

As for the mounting hardware, I want to get some but I will have to wait a bit before buying anything else ( I just got the Osmo a week ago).  
2017-5-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules