Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Landing Gear Stuck
3953 26 2017-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MadFrenchie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 914711 ft
United States

Flew my Inspire 2 a few times during  the day with no issues.. Never had any hard landings at all.    Took Off  for a 4th flight of the day and landing gear would not go up.

I tried everything.

Reloaded Firmware
Downgraded Firmware
Updated back to new firmware
Manually tried turning screw.
disabled auto landing gear (which is usually always off)
turn on the landing gear override

Tried using the auto takeoff feature and then cycling the landing gear as other have said worked... not in my case.

None of the above has worked, the landing gear refuses to move.   

ONE time, during this whole process, I was actually able to get the  landing gear to raise and the motor sounded normal during that time.    But as soon as i flipped the switch to bring the gear back down..  nothing.

Can anyone help me out with this.. Any other ideas that might help???                                                

2017-5-13
Use props
TruGreen
Captain
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

i would inspect the worm gear and the bearing at bottom for debris sounds like something is stuck and binding
2017-5-15
Use props
MadFrenchie
lvl.4
United States

TruGreen Posted at 2017-5-15 06:10
i would inspect the worm gear and the bearing at bottom for debris sounds like something is stuck and binding

I am able to manually move the gear up and down without any issues using the screw at the bottom..

It does not seem at all like anything is binding up.
2017-5-15
Use props
TruGreen
Captain
  • >>>
United States

MadFrenchie Posted at 2017-5-15 08:57
I am able to manually move the gear up and down without any issues using the screw at the bottom..

It does not seem at all like anything is binding up.

check that its plugged in fully? when looking at nose of the craft behind the left arm joint on the lift is the plug
2017-5-15
Use props
MadFrenchie
lvl.4
United States

TruGreen Posted at 2017-5-15 14:57
check that its plugged in fully? when looking at nose of the craft behind the left arm joint on the lift is the plug

I'll take a look at that after work.   Is it very obvious to see the connection?   

Thank you for the tip!!
2017-5-16
Use props
TruGreen
Captain
  • >>>
United States

MadFrenchie Posted at 2017-5-16 06:45
I'll take a look at that after work.   Is it very obvious to see the connection?   

Thank you for the tip!!

if you lift the arms to fly mode its easier to see and check. you want the black/brown/grey wires with a black plug. i attached a picture as well so you can see. its right above the white plug by the arm support strut
IMG_20170516_084819753.jpg
2017-5-16
Use props
MadFrenchie
lvl.4
United States

TruGreen Posted at 2017-5-16 07:57
if you lift the arms to fly mode its easier to see and check. you want the black/brown/grey wires with a black plug. i attached a picture as well so you can see. its right above the white plug by the arm support strut

Thank you for the picture but it looks like you have an Inspire 1.  I have an Inspire 2...

I'll look around to see if there is a similar connection on the I2 but Its probably in a totally different location.
2017-5-16
Use props
TruGreen
Captain
  • >>>
United States

MadFrenchie Posted at 2017-5-16 08:00
Thank you for the picture but it looks like you have an Inspire 1.  I have an Inspire 2...

I'll look around to see if there is a similar connection on the I2 but Its probably in a totally different location.

oh dam sorry missed that you had the I2, yes mines the I1 but i would still guess a loose plug.
2017-5-16
Use props
TruGreen
Captain
  • >>>
United States

i was able o find this pic on GOOGLE i would try to find that plug location
2017-5-16
Use props
MadFrenchie
lvl.4
United States

TruGreen Posted at 2017-5-16 08:25
i was able o find this pic on GOOGLE i would try to find that plug location

Thank You.

I will take a look when I get home... Hopefully I can see the plug without taking anything apart.. I don't want to void the warranty in case I do have to send it back for repair!
2017-5-16
Use props
TruGreen
Captain
  • >>>
United States

hopefully its just a simple loose plug. deff report back though what you find out
2017-5-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Did you notice this after updating firmware, or does this seem to be a random occurrence? Have you also tried resetting to factory defaults via the Assistant 2 software?  You can also try the following button combinations to ensure that communication between the RC and AC are solid:

Reset the RC of presets::
* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote.

Manually relink the RC to the aircraft:
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button on the controller, then the controller will beep like D-DD. This may take a few seconds of holding it.
*While holding the buttons, press the wheel on the right side of the controller and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.
2017-5-16
Use props
MadFrenchie
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-16 13:03
Did you notice this after updating firmware, or does this seem to be a random occurrence? Have you also tried resetting to factory defaults via the Assistant 2 software?  You can also try the following button combinations to ensure that communication between the RC and AC are solid:

Reset the RC of presets::

Thank you DJI-Jamie for the information.

This did not happen directly after updating the firmware.  I updated the firmware the day it came out and this only started occurring a few days ago.

I did try the Factory defaults via the assistant 2 software with no positive results.

I have not tried the button combination you listed.  I will try that tonight after work and let you know the results.

Thank You
2017-5-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

MadFrenchie Posted at 2017-5-17 03:24
Thank you DJI-Jamie for the information.

This did not happen directly after updating the firmware.  I updated the firmware the day it came out and this only started occurring a few days ago.

Please keep me posted.
2017-5-17
Use props
MadFrenchie
lvl.4
United States

Tried this with no luck what so ever.

I even tried doing the 5 power button presses to put the drone into travel mode and it does nothing at all.
2017-5-17
Use props
MadFrenchie
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Jamie...

Is this something that is covered under the 1 year warranty of the drone if i have to send it in for repair??   I'd have to have to pay big bucks to get a part replaced that failed whiten 6 months from normal wear and tear.
2017-5-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

The issue could be something with either the VPS or the airframe itself. This kind of situation can be covered under the 12 month warranty period as long as there are no signs of user error crashes etc. I would say that it would be best to send the unit in so I can get addressed as soon as possible.
2017-5-19
Use props
TruGreen
Captain
  • >>>
United States

did you ever try to check the plug for the lift actuator?
2017-5-19
Use props
MadFrenchie
lvl.4
United States

TruGreen Posted at 2017-5-19 16:13
did you ever try to check the plug for the lift actuator?

Yes I did and its plugged in fine.

I don't believe its a VPS issue, I think its the motor itself that may have burned out or something...

I have never had any crashes at all.. not even a hard landing..

2017-5-20
Use props
gmanthegman
lvl.3
Belarus

I have absolutely same issue, man. I also get "Failed to lower or pack up landing gear" message every time I try to move the gear using the controller (everything manual). I also cannot put on the travel mode using the power button. The gear can be easily moved only using the screwdriver ...
2017-5-21
Use props
MadFrenchie
lvl.4
United States

gmanthegman Posted at 2017-5-21 07:00
I have absolutely same issue, man. I also get "Failed to lower or pack up landing gear" message every time I try to move the gear using the controller (everything manual). I also cannot put on the travel mode using the power button. The gear can be easily moved only using the screwdriver ...

You think it can be software related?  Or does it look more like a hardware issue?
2017-5-24
Use props
gmanthegman
lvl.3
Belarus

MadFrenchie Posted at 2017-5-24 05:17
You think it can be software related?  Or does it look more like a hardware issue?

I will get to my local repair center and try to get the answers.

My guess, it's either a dead motor or bad connection between the modules inside the drone.
2017-5-25
Use props
DECinHSV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14255190 ft
  • >>>
United States

following .  .  . same issue as described above !  The good thing is the gear is DOWN (won't go up or into stow position) which is the best fail safe of the 3 positions IMHO ~
2017-5-25
Use props
MadFrenchie
lvl.4
United States

Well its been a while but here's what happened.

I opened a case with DJI and they provided me with a pre paid label to send the drone back.   It took about 3 days to arrive at their location.  The day it arrived they were able to quickly access the damage and get me a price quote.   $166 to replace the broken worm gear motor.   They ended up covering it with the Warranty so it cost me nothing.   Later that day i got a notification that the problem was fixed and they were waiting for flight testing.    I just received a notification yesterday that the drone has been shipped and scheduled for delivery on Monday.

The entire experience was excellent,  quick responses form the repair center, very quick work to fix the problem, and in less then 2 weeks after I sent it in, its already on its way back.  

Good Job DJI!!!

Excellent Service.
2017-6-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

MadFrenchie Posted at 2017-6-20 04:23

I opened a case with DJI and they provided me with a pre paid label to send the drone back.   It took about 3 days to arrive at their location.  The day it arrived they were able to quickly access the damage and get me a price quote.   $166 to replace the broken worm gear motor.   They ended up covering it with the Warranty so it cost me nothing.   Later that day i got a notification that the problem was fixed and they were waiting for flight testing.    I just received a notification yesterday that the drone has been shipped and scheduled for delivery on Monday.

I'm glad to hear it got sorted, thanks for the update.
2017-6-20
Use props
DCarnahan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3849052 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine got stuck up and wouldnt go down. DJI had me send it in. They waved the $360 repair bill but it was gone right at a month.
2017-6-20
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

MadFrenchie Posted at 2017-6-20 04:23

Glad to hear you were taken care of by DJI customer service. It is always nice to see some positive reports and I know the DJI repair shop likes to know when they have made someone happy

Rich
2017-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules