Linking Controller after Firmware Update
7193 28 2015-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
babis
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I just updated my Inspire 1 and controller with the latest firmware update but now the controller will not link with my Inspire 1 even after following the linking instructions. The LED on the Inspire 1 flashes fast yellow and LED on remote is red.

Any ideas how to resolve this?

2015-3-8
Use props
blackbox
lvl.3

Switzerland

You may try to shut off / on the RC while the craft is on.
If it does not work, try the link process described in the manual (page 32-33) : Inspire_1_User_Manual_v1_0_en_pdf__page_33_of_64_.jpg
Link button has to be pressed after linking request on the app. Button is red, small, and hard to reach (I used a pen with retracted tip to reach it).
I could post an image if that helps...
2015-3-8
Use props
babis
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I followed the link process and got the controller beeping with the blue light but no connection.

Did you mean I should shut off the RC while the quad is on? And then what? Switch the RC on again and it should connect?
2015-3-8
Use props
babis
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Just follow Dundee's advice in the thread "New guide for installing new firmware." My issue was to do with formatting my USB stick.
2015-3-8
Use props
y88cdw
lvl.1

Canada

Same problem. Firmware upgrade success. Can't link. Sync button has no effect on remote while it's searching.
2015-3-22
Use props
easiair05
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1336942 ft
United States

Same problem as well, after installing new firmware lost bind to transmitter. Installed clean versions of firmware and all showed successful uploads but binding process will not work.
2015-3-22
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

The method does work.  My question is the Rx led next to the bind button blinking red when you press the bind button.  If not keep looking for the button.  You have not found it yet.
2015-3-22
Use props
easiair05
lvl.3
United States

yes receiver led blinking red. Still no bind. Tried several times. Di you have to push the connet button on the aircraft just once or hold it? Tried both ways but the binding just times out with no connection.
2015-3-22
Use props
easiair05
lvl.3
United States

Minimum distance between aircraft and remote during binding an issue? Thanks, ED
Everything was working fine before update. Master and slave ok, aircraft ok.
2015-3-22
Use props
easiair05
lvl.3
United States

I guess I should have avoided this update........
2015-3-22
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

Thats what I'm doing.  Waiting for the next one
2015-3-22
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

Do you have the correct mode selected on the rc ? Ie Master, Slave or off?  Sorry if that sounds childish but it is possible to overlook that.
2015-3-22
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

You have updated everything including the batteries? You have the camera attached? You have the chosen tx on Master? You have followed the bind instructions to the letter? It should work. Do you have the dual rc option? If so can you bind the second rc? It would be less bothersome though more expensive to buy another remote than send the aircraft and remote back to DJI.
2015-3-22
Use props
easiair05
lvl.3
United States

Yes, The master is selected for the controller I'm trying to link.
2015-3-22
Use props
easiair05
lvl.3
United States

Yes, camera is on, and procedure followed to the letter.
2015-3-22
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

I do know this... It's imperative to follow the steps to the letter for anything you do with these aircraft. If you do even one thing out of sequence it won't work. You must ensure the Rc, the aircraft and the batteries all took the firmware update. You must always have the camera attached to eliminate any chance of something not taking. And you must follow the binding instructions to the letter. If you still have issues you may need to contact DJI for further instructions.
2015-3-22
Use props
easiair05
lvl.3
United States

That has not gone well, this is my second I1 as the first one had camera issues. After years of building and flying these systems I hoped this system would be more dependable, so far I have 6 hrs flight time with the replacement and all was going well until this latest update.
2015-3-22
Use props
easiair05
lvl.3
United States

Now I have spent far more time working on problems than actual AP. I realize there is always some issues but this has become very frustrating. I'm used to working on adjustments to tweak my systems and live with the results, but this is an update by them supposedly to correct some issues and it grounded me when I was supposed to be out getting footage for a client. Back to my old dependable platforms for today. Very disappointed.
2015-3-22
Use props
easiair05
lvl.3
United States

A response would be appreciated.
2015-3-23
Use props
Bobbybee
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I'm struggling my firmware update did not happen after 1.5hrs so switched off the I1 now lost link to tx followed instructions but only blue light and no link. Can someone please help please.
2015-3-23
Use props
Bobbybee
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Controller set to master, camera on, SIM card in, pressed button on I1 red light flashing on the aircraft, blue light on the RC but still won't link. Should I try installing firmware again? Then try the linking again? Really not sure what to do would reall appreciate some help
2015-3-23
Use props
easiair05
lvl.3
United States

Welcome to the club. Still waiting for some answers too.
2015-3-23
Use props
p-a
lvl.1
Japan

So did you upgrade the controller also?  A controller with old firmware will not link with an upgraded Inspire until you upgrade the controller as well.
2015-3-23
Use props
Bobbybee
lvl.1

United Kingdom

P-a thank you  
I updated the craft but when I read the text file it said interrupted, there was nothing to say successful, and the I1would not link to the controller. I reinstalled the firmware and tried again but to no avail. I found the link button and followed the procedure for this but again after a agonising hour still could not establish a link between craft & rc. In desperation, I used the thumb stick and updated the firmware on the rc controller. Hey presto, everything linked and everything updated.... Not sure why the Firmware text file did not say the update was successful, I hope this helps anybody else who is struggling with this.
2015-3-24
Use props
easiair05
lvl.3
United States

I can cofirm that the 5th time I ran the update on the firmware for the aircraft and both remotes I have established a good link again. I downloaded fresh copies of the FW each time and loaded it onto a fresh formatted sd card for the bird and a fresh usb stick for the remotes. It didnt take until the 5th attempt even though each time the resukt file would say suceesful. Curious that the update process was this difficult. Now to see if the bugs some are experiencing in flight are going to surface. SOme flight testing this weekend. By the way I didnt need to link the master remote but I had to perform the slave linking
process again to get it to work.
2015-3-24
Use props
chriztrax
New

United States

For those who can't pair your remote with the inspire after updating the inspire, make sure your remote is also updated to the latest firmware before pairing.  I wasted 1hr of my life trying to figure out why my RC was not pairing with the drone and constant blinking yellow light.  Turns out you cannot pair a remote with a drone if the firmware on each device is not matching.  FYI hope it helps some of you.
2015-8-22
Use props
metalios
lvl.3
Flight distance : 892703 ft
  • >>>
United States

chriztrax@gmail Posted at 2015-8-23 07:53
For those who can't pair your remote with the inspire after updating the inspire, make sure your rem ...

same problem resolved with a post I read on the forum months ago. Remove the SD card from Inspire before powering it up, and then try linking.  Worked for me.
2015-8-22
Use props
vernonm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3291 ft
Australia

Hi All, Need some help!

I'm trying to update my Inspire from firmware 1.3 to 1.4 and cannot get anywhere

The bird's tail light flashes quick yellow, no noise etc

have reformatted the micro SD card and replaced the firmware file, still nothing

Any ideas???
2015-9-12
Use props
alexisap
lvl.1
Mexico

same problem, same idea to try to fix with firmware 1.6.0  
2016-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules