Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Z3 Camera & Recommendations
764 3 2017-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wildfyre
lvl.3
Flight distance : 72 ft

Australia

Hi all,

Have recently purchased a Matrice 600 Pro. Does anyone have camera recommendations for still photography?
I'm currently using a Z3 camera, the video quality is sensational, but the still photos aren't great, they're quite rough and grainy even when I play around with the settings.
I'm new to drone flying, but have quite a lot of experience with high quality DSLR cameras.
I'm using the Go App to fly it. Is there another app I should be using to make better use of the camera?  

Thanks in advance!
2017-5-13
Use props
Phantom-Paul 7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2551634 ft
Australia

The only way your going to get DSLR quality is to use a DSLR camera.
I shoot a Nikon D7100 and also have a Z3 mounted on an Inspire 1.  I am happy with the Z3 performance even though it's no where near like the images i can capture with the Nikon because i understand its limitations.

If you have done much work with your DSLRs you'll understand that the size of the sensor , the quality of the lens and variable aperture are what make the most difference. You just can't cram that into a small form factor.
The X5 variants are a step in the right direction but dollar for dollar they still can't compare to a DSLR. Things are improving every year though.
2017-5-16
Use props
Wildfyre
lvl.3
Flight distance : 72 ft

Australia

Phantom-Paul 7 Posted at 2017-5-16 03:24
The only way your going to get DSLR quality is to use a DSLR camera.
I shoot a Nikon D7100 and also have a Z3 mounted on an Inspire 1.  I am happy with the Z3 performance even though it's no where near like the images i can capture with the Nikon because i understand its limitations.

Thanks.

Which DSLRs can be used? Does the Ronin MX gimbal suit most DSLRs?

How does it work? Sorry just not quite sure how to put a good camera on to it and still have the video feed to fly it too?

I'd love to put my smaller Canon 500D on there. I see there is a gimbal specifically for the 5D Mark 3, but what about the rest?
2017-5-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Wildfyre Posted at 2017-5-16 20:05
Thanks.

Which DSLRs can be used? Does the Ronin MX gimbal suit most DSLRs?

It's mid range in size, so it can accommodate a good range of DSLR sizes.
2017-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules