Graduated filter phantom 4 PRO
2224 12 2017-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The unique view
lvl.1
Netherlands

Hi Everyone,

Are there any graduated ND filters available that you know of for the P4Pro? I would like to stop down the sky some more..

Would like to know!
2017-5-13
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

https://freewellgear.com/phantom ... 4-pro-grad-kit.html

(1 grey, 1 orange, 1 blue)
2017-5-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Polar pro are excellent.
2017-5-14
Use props
The unique view
lvl.1
Netherlands

I looked at polar pro´s site, but they seem to not have graduated filters for the Pro. I mailed them, now waiting for a reply.

The one from freewell gear look good, but I don´t need the colored ones. Will mail them to if they sell seperately.

Thanks! More tips are still welcome.
2017-5-14
Use props
vidwiz
lvl.1
United States

I have the freewells.  Nd does not have much tinting but it works better than I thought it would,  The blue seems fairly useless, will turn any clouds blue and like the red probably only good for stills.
2017-5-14
Use props
Xavier1984
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1634843 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Hi, DJI provide ND filter for Phantom 4 Pro i have ND4, ND8, ND16, works perfectly :-)
2017-5-14
Use props
The unique view
lvl.1
Netherlands

vidwiz Posted at 2017-5-14 19:37
I have the freewells.  Nd does not have much tinting but it works better than I thought it would,  The blue seems fairly useless, will turn any clouds blue and like the red probably only good for stills.

Do you have some examples of the grey graduated filter?
2017-5-15
Use props
The unique view
lvl.1
Netherlands

Xavier1984 Posted at 2017-5-14 23:14
Hi, DJI provide ND filter for Phantom 4 Pro i have ND4, ND8, ND16, works perfectly :-)

Hi Xavier, thanks for the reply, but I'm looking for graduated filters ;)
2017-5-15
Use props
andy10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4585692 ft
  • >>>
Slovenia

Here you are.  
2017-10-23
Use props
David R. Gonzal
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1215463 ft
United States

I use Cokin filters trimmed to fit. Their graduated ND filters came in several densities. Sadly the comapny is no more. In addition to my stash of Cokin filters I have found some in the discontinued merchandise bins at camera shops. I see now that another vendor is selling Cokin type filters. I have seen some at my local camers store, National Camera. The filters are an optical resin, easy to cut with hobby saw but also easy to scratch. I trim mine down to a little smaller than a postage stamp size. I remove the UV filter from my P4P camera and simply scotch tape the filter in place making sure to adjust so the graduated part is where I thinkit should be for the effect I want and the tilt of the gimabl I expect to use.
2017-10-23
Use props
David R. Gonzal
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1215463 ft
United States

I use Cokin graduated ND filters trimmed to fit. The company is no more but I have found some in the discontinued bins at camera shops and I see a new vendor is selling Cokin like filters now though not nearly the selection.
The filters I believe are made from an optically clear resin, easy to cut with a hobby knife. But also kind of easy to scratch.
I trim the filter down to almost the width of the P4P lens barrel with the UV filter removed and attach it with two pieces of Scotch tape. Works great and have never lost one in flight.
I position it according to where I want the graduated portion to be taking into account the tilt of the gimbal I intend to use if any and where in the frame I want the graduated effect be most effective.
The arrangement works great for me.
I tried a set of the inexpensive graduated filters you see being sold under various names. My experience was the graduated coating was very uneven and I returned them and dug my box of old Cokin filters.
2017-10-23
Use props
sky wombat
First Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Well this thread goes back to 2017 but how did this work out? Anybody using graduated filters?
2018-10-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'd recommend Polar Pro for grad filters   
2018-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now