immediate app signal loss after take off
2097 16 2017-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JYD
lvl.1
United States

I have been useing my samsung tabet to run the app and it has been working good with one issue.  My friend and I went to fly both our quads, him phoantom, me my new Mavic.

He flew great and had fun, while I could never get off the ground for more than 10 seconds with app running.  

mavic would be ready to fly  I would take off and within 10 seconds the ap would go red with "signal loss"  although I could keep controling fine.

How can the signal be lost and yet I can still fly around without issues. (staying close just in case)

I was so jeous that my buddy was having a blast going almost a mile away, and i could not go 5 feet without app saying signal loss, and the video on screen getting jumpy and lag prone.

this STINKS!

I just bought a new IPhone 6, mybe it has to do with my tablet, i do not know
2017-5-14
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

First, you don't need the app to fly the MAVIC as long as you fly in LOS so you can bring it back. You can only use the  controller and or the app. Second, I will definitely try IP6. I use IP6S+ and never had an  issue.

You can check this post and add your equipment.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-95617-1-1.html
2017-5-14
Use props
JYD
lvl.1
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-5-14 20:12
First, you don't the app to fly the MAVIC. You can only use the controller. Second, I will defiently try IP6. I use IP6S+ and nver had an issue.

You can check this post and add your equipments.

By app I meant DJI Go 4   , and I freak out every time it says lost signal
2017-5-14
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

JYD Posted at 2017-5-14 20:25

I know. As I said you can still fly the MAVIC
2017-5-14
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

I am a bit confused about your description of signal loss.
If you have lost signal then the remote is no longer communicating to the Mavic. But you say you can still fly the Mavic.
If there is a problem with the app then you would see Disconnected on the top line.
So which one is it?
2017-5-14
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

JYD Posted at 2017-5-14 20:25

I know. As I said, you can still fly the MAVIC even if the app shut down on you. So you don't have to freak out.

If you loose connection between the MAVIC and the controller the MAVIC will return home but you need to set that in the APP before you fly and put it at a minimum of 65 meters to be on the safe side
2017-5-14
Use props
JYD
lvl.1
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-5-14 20:28
I know. As I said you can still fly the MAVIC

What signal is the app talking about ?
2017-5-14
Use props
JYD
lvl.1
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-5-14 20:31
I am a bit confused about your description of signal loss.
If you have lost signal then the remote is no longer communicating to the Mavic. But you say you can still fly the Mavic.
If there is a problem with the app then you would see Disconnected on the top line.

When I take off, on the top left corner of the app it is green and says GPS MODE or something to that affect.   Very shortly after takeoff it turns red instead and says something like no signal or signal lost, but the controller still controls the Mavic and I can fly it around still while it is red... So what signal is it talking about?

Also i just went outside to try it again and a few moments after signal loss the app stopped working and crashed
2017-5-14
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Australia

JYD Posted at 2017-5-14 21:39
When I take off, on the top left corner of the app it is green and says GPS MODE or something to that affect.   Very shortly after takeoff it turns red instead and says something like no signal or signal lost, but the controller still controls the Mavic and I can fly it around still while it is red... So what signal is it talking about?

Also i just went outside to try it again and a few moments after signal loss the app stopped working and crashed

Can you let us know what the firmware version is in the Mavic and the RC. Which tablet/phone are you using now and what is the app version.
2017-5-14
Use props
JYD
lvl.1
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-5-14 21:47
Can you let us know what the firmware version is in the Mavic and the RC. Which tablet/phone are you using now and what is the app version.

GO 4 says 4.0.7  (257 gp tablet)  is what i see in settings
overall status in app says  latest firmware

2017-5-14
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Australia

JYD Posted at 2017-5-14 21:59
GO 4 says 4.0.7  (257 gp tablet)  is what i see in settings
overall status in app says  latest firmware

It seems you are experiencing a problem that several others have encountered. Some people have rectified the problem by relinking the RC to the Mavic. Others have sorted it by downgrading the firmware in the Mavic and RC and then upgrading again.
The fact that you can still control the Mavic suggests it is the app. You could try uninstalling the app and then installing it again. Also check your cable and perhaps try using the bottom usb port.
2017-5-14
Use props
JYD
lvl.1
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-5-14 22:10
It seems you are experiencing a problem that several others have encountered. Some people have rectified the problem by relinking the RC to the Mavic. Others have sorted it by downgrading the firmware in the Mavic and RC and then upgrading again.
The fact that you can still control the Mavic suggests it is the app. You could try uninstalling the app and then installing it again. Also check your cable and perhaps try using the bottom usb port.

During the firmware upgrade, does everything need to be on? even the quad? (without props)
2017-5-14
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Australia

JYD Posted at 2017-5-14 22:12
During the firmware upgrade, does everything need to be on? even the quad? (without props)

If you are using the Assistant 2 on a computer then you connect the Mavic via usb and update it. Yes it has to be turned on to update and remove the gimbal clamp. Then connect the RC and turn it on so it can be updated..
If you are updating via the app then both the Mavic and RC need to be turned on.
2017-5-14
Use props
JYD
lvl.1
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-5-14 22:24
If you are using the Assistant 2 on a computer then you connect the Mavic via usb and update it. Yes it has to be turned on to update and remove the gimbal clamp. Then connect the RC and turn it on so it can be updated..
If you are updating via the app then both the Mavic and RC need to be turned on.

i remember everything was on, i re downloaded app, so i will try this again
2017-5-14
Use props
UCBarkeeper
lvl.3
Flight distance : 616982 ft
Switzerland

try to fly with the original apple cable. works for me.
2017-5-16
Use props
fans234eac05
New
Flight distance : 138 ft
Sweden

Hi. I have the exact same problem that you suddenly lose contact with my Mavic, I have tried different settings, it does not work, I've met Dji, they have not answered yet. I have been looking for a dealer for Dji in Gothenburg, who can help me in a few days, hope they can help me, or send Mavicen to Holland for repair. Mavic is so advanced it's a pity that the manual is not available in Swedish. I miss someone in Sweden who can call or meet and exchange their experiences. Christer Sweden (Varberg) +46 733100808
2017-5-16
Use props
JYD
lvl.1
United States

fans234eac05 Posted at 2017-5-16 03:31
Hi. I have the exact same problem that you suddenly lose contact with my Mavic, I have tried different settings, it does not work, I've met Dji, they have not answered yet. I have been looking for a dealer for Dji in Gothenburg, who can help me in a few days, hope they can help me, or send Mavicen to Holland for repair. Mavic is so advanced it's a pity that the manual is not available in Swedish. I miss someone in Sweden who can call or meet and exchange their experiences. Christer Sweden (Varberg) +46 733100808

My problem has been fixed ..... so far
Apparently the Android software had issues, because yesterday i received my new I Phone 6s and downloaded DJI Go 4  and this morning just finished a short but extensive flight with NO ISSUES, no signal loss, no disconnects.... i am a very HAPPY CAMPER!

I suggest that ANYONE who has the loss of signal issue who is using an Android phone or pad, invest in an Apple device, works smooth as silk!

Best wishes and happy flying!

JYD
2017-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules