Almost lost my P4P in the sea, battery popped out...
866 8 2017-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mityadvet
lvl.2
Flight distance : 492352 ft
Germany

So after a flight I saw that the battery of my P4P was out when I landed it... I was lucky it still had contact to the drone and all light were on as normal, but both buttons on the top and bottom were "out". It was the original battery that come with the P4P.
I always make sure it sits tight in place before I take off. I did get into sport mode to gain altitude fast one time during the flight and the drone did get a bit "wobbly" in sport mode, but that should be accounted for, right? Other then that, there was no strong wind and apart from that one time in sport mode to get high fast I was flying quite slowly...
Any idea how this could happen?
2017-5-15
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

There are reports of loose batteries on P4. Even on the new P4 Advanced.
Looks like only solution would be an exchange.
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=94101
2017-5-15
Use props
mityadvet
lvl.2
Germany

Eric13 Posted at 2017-5-15 11:16
There are reports of a loose batteries on P4. Even on the new P4 Advanced.
Looks like only solution would be an exchange.
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=94101

thanks, Eric!

it was actually sitting very tight all the time and I have made lots of flights with it, it only happened once... but good to know what ELSE to look out for with dji "cheap" products. don't get me started on gimbal tilt...
2017-5-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

mityadvet Posted at 2017-5-15 11:38
thanks, Eric!

it was actually sitting very tight all the time and I have made lots of flights with it, it only happened once... but good to know what ELSE to look out for with dji "cheap" products. don't get me started on gimbal tilt...

When you plug in that battery to the aircraft after the incident, does it still connect securely or does it "wiggle" a bit?
2017-5-15
Use props
fansa326285e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 337608 ft
Norway

Hi there. I also have same issue with my P4 pro. This case only actual for 1 of my 3 batteries.  My manufacturer inform me to be sure I hear two of this click when insert the battery. The problem for one of my battery are a mismatch in form base plastic structure, witch means I need to  add a little more power to the last part of the passage before the battery is properly installed in the shape of the battery box. Do this and make sure you hear well-known clicks, you can safely fly away.
2017-5-15
Use props
mityadvet
lvl.2
Germany

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-15 16:45
When you plug in that battery to the aircraft after the incident, does it still connect securely or does it "wiggle" a bit?

no wiggle, sits tight!
2017-5-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

If it's not obviously loose like what was mentioned in post #2 and this has only happened once, then it's likely that the battery just didn't click in completely prior to taking off. It's something that can be overlooked when we've had numerous flights under the belt and default to muscle memory. Perhaps to get a better visual, were you switching out batteries or do you just have the one?  I would say keep an eye on it for the next few flights and see if this becomes a reoccurring issue. The latter would be preferred as inland flights to minimize hazards.
2017-5-16
Use props
Capo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 178196 ft
United States

Yeah, I find that mine is actually quite tight, and I have to push on the back of the battery with my thumbs near the edges and my fingers wrapped around the arms to make sure it clicks and seats properly.
2017-5-16
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

If/when I get a new Phantom, I am going to pull on the battery after installing it to check it. Good to know of the issue.
2017-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules