Basically flawless first flights in beginner mode
1121 11 2017-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BigPic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22700 ft
United States

Basically flawless first flights in beginner mode. Went up to 30m and turned the Pro around to do the photography and video. Impressed with the auto-home it was right on when there was no wind. I was able to semi-instinctively adjust away from trees once or twice when it came down and I actually tangled with some leaves about 8 feet off the ground. But I was lucky and I chewed through them slowly to get back over home base.
2017-5-15
Use props
BigPic
lvl.1
United States

Did everyone know that the micro SD Card was in the Pro already? I spent some time looking for it thinking I has seen it and lost it ( I have several cards for cameras, phones and tablets). When the app said no SD card I didn't think to try to just format. Finally I checked the card slot to find a Pannasonic card.
2017-5-15
Use props
BigPic
lvl.1
United States

Will be taking the Pro to my brothers place near Little Rock, AR. He is on a flint ridge and has hawks and deer all around the area.

filming a bit of the sunset at my home gets me exicited for what I can do with this thing!
2017-5-15
Use props
DanbyUrgess
lvl.4
United States

I'm anxious to see some of your work, BigPic. Great way for the rest of us to see parts of the world around us we might not otherwise see. Maybee it will spark someone else's interest in drone pilotry too. Off to a suc
2017-5-15
Use props
DanbyUrgess
lvl.4
United States

I'm anxious to see some of your work, BigPic. Great way for the rest of us to see parts of the world around us we might not otherwise see. Maybee it will spark someone else's interest in drone pilotry too.
2017-5-15
Use props
GreenHornet55
lvl.2
Flight distance : 213222 ft
United States

Good Job, I'm sure that soon you'll be like most of us and fly as often as possible.  Looking forward to seeing some pics and videos.

2017-5-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

BigPic Posted at 2017-5-15 17:10
Will be taking the Pro to my brothers place near Little Rock, AR. He is on a flint ridge and has hawks and deer all around the area.

filming a bit of the sunset at my home gets me exicited for what I can do with this thing!

It's good to hear that you've been enjoying the unit thus far. I'm sure your shots will be great.
2017-5-15
Use props
TPVAerials
lvl.3

United States

Congrats on the purchase & congrats on the first few successful flights!
2017-5-15
Use props
m1shootr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 118894 ft
United States

Happy for your enthusiasm.  Gratz, have fun,  and err on the side of careful. There will always be another day of flying.
2017-5-16
Use props
BigPic
lvl.1
United States

Today I went out when I had a break to do a little flying, still in beginner mode. I flew straight up again between house and trees. It was a nice sunny day and I took off and landed several times, pointing towards a few areas in my neighborhood where I have a clear sight (from the drone) of things on the ground, like other houses, streets, etc. I have lots of trees in my neighborhood, and until I saw that this Phantom 4 Pro could deal with this very effectively I held off on getting a drone. I am able to quickly get abouve the trees, only have to be a little careful getting off the ground and coming down.

Today I had my first upside down crash, as opposed to merely chewing on some leaves. I make sure that if there is an issue I am only abour 6-8 feet off the ground near my front porch. While I was up about 30m/97ft the wind carried the drone a little more than it was able to recover when going Home. I could have moved it over better and got it to a safer area, but not back to the small landing pad I chose (my walkway in the front). This is not the best place to learn to fly my drone, but I am not willing to wait till the weekends. Also I will soon try some night flying but will go to more open spaces.

The Phantom tuoched some leaves and I was not able to recover. It flipped upside down about 4 feet from the ground and rested in some light brush and grass. No harm - no foul. Just a little green on a couple of leading edges.
2017-5-16
Use props
BigPic
lvl.1
United States

these are pictures that are not showing up!
2017-5-16
Use props
BigPic
lvl.1
United States

Hmm I saw then yesterday, today they are gone again
2017-5-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules