Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SLiWooDy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 126234 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi

I currently hown a Phantom 3 Standard and am not overly impressed by the distance it can fly without loss of signal.
What real world distance can the Advance/Pro achieve and has anyone gone from a standard to ADV/PRO - is the difference alot more?

thanks

Phil
2017-5-16
Use props
Churubusco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36 ft

United States

Not to change the subject, but I recommend using the Litchi app. After signal loss the Phantom will complete mission. I have flown in excess of 3 miles so far no problem.
2017-5-16
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI specifications give details of the range you can expect in a good interference-free environment.

Standard Max Transmission Distance        
FCC: 1000 m
CE: 500 m (outdoors and unobstructed

P3 Adv or Pro  Max Transmission Distance        
FCC Compliant: 3.1 mi (5 km)
CE Compliant: 2.2 mi (3.5 km) (Unobstructed, free of interference)

The range you can achieve is affected by the interference in the local environment but the published specs have been achieved (and exceeded) by many users.
2017-5-16
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

You can get a cheap Argtek Antenna to help with distance.  I am getting up to 15000 feet plus with my Phantom 3 Standard.

4.55km DISTANCE 31 MAR 2017.jpg
2017-5-16
Use props
imagine it
lvl.3
United States

My P4P+ gets up to 15000' in one direction from my house where it is open desert and little to no interference then will only get about 3,000' in the other direction because it is more urban and there is more interference. That really shows how the interference plays a big part in the distance of the flight. Blackcrusader, your flight looks like it was over pretty open are so it was probably in an area that was pretty interference free as well. I also found that my own WIFI at my house will interfere with my Inspire2 but not with the P4P+ so I turn off the WIFI on the tablet when flying the Inspire. I think the differences in the devices, tablets and phones, you use will also affect the signal. My Inspire will not get near the distance the P4P+ does and I think that is because the P4P+ has the dedicated tablet.
2017-5-16
Use props
PaulSouthport
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1448799 ft
United Kingdom

I had P3S. range was a problem, or to be more precise, range anxiety caused by the constant "strong interference" warnings and signal drop offs after 300 - 500m.
I now have a P3A, which I've taken to 3200m (UK CE mode) over a remote beach, and regularly take to 2000m without issue. This is always in remote areas, away from interference, people, buildings, roads etc. Range anxiety is no longer an issue.
Couple that with the better video downlink, better sat lock and better controls - it's a decent upgrade.
2017-5-16
Use props
SLiWooDy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 126234 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PaulSouthport Posted at 2017-5-16 10:29
I had P3S. range was a problem, or to be more precise, range anxiety caused by the constant "strong interference" warnings and signal drop offs after 300 - 500m.
I now have a P3A, which I've taken to 3200m (UK CE mode) over a remote beach, and regularly take to 2000m without issue. This is always in remote areas, away from interference, people, buildings, roads etc. Range anxiety is no longer an issue.
Couple that with the better video downlink, better sat lock and better controls - it's a decent upgrade.

just want i was hoping for. thanks for the info.
2017-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules