Dual Monitor Setup For Inspire 2 On Secraft Tray
2676 4 2017-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FrankW7
lvl.1
United States

I asked the question here about how to swap fpv view and camera view in  DJI Go 4 app without much response. I wanted to know how to do this or  if it's possible, so that I could make the fpv view fullscreen on one  monitor (ipad air 2) and the x5s camera view fullscreen on another  monitor (smallhd ac7) on my secraft tray for my I2.

So today I was thinking how great it would be if my ipad air 2 was more  like my computer where I could hit the control key and plus and minus  key to zoom in and out on my screen and it hit me. I can do that on my  ipad in the settings menu.

So in the settings menu under general, accessibility, zoom, I found you  can setup a button to be on screen all the time that will allow you to  double tap it to go to a preset screen zoom. You set this preset zoom  level by tapping the button once and a menu pops up and set it to full  screen zoom and to what zoom level you need with the slider at the  bottom. You'll have to play with this zoom level to get it just right.

So in the DJI Go App, I max the fpv view to the middle of the screen by  tapping the top left icon in the fpv view box, then double tap the ipad  screen zoom button I set up, pull the zoomed screen where I want it with  three fingers and have a full screen fpv view on my ipad. The other  monitor on the secraft tray, the smallhd ac7, will have the x5s camera  view fullscreen there. It's feed is supplied from the hdmi out of the  I2, and you can go to the hdmi menu on the Go 4 app and set the hdmi  output to either pip mode or full camera mode. Choose full camera mode  for this.

If you look at the bottom right on the fpv view monitior (ipad) you can see the button you can setup in the ipad settings menu.

To get out of that view is relatively easy. Just double tap the ipad  zoom button, then you'll go back to the DJI Go 4 app with the fpv screen  maxed in the center of that screen, then tap the fpv view top left icon  to minimize it, and you're back to the main camera view screen and with  osd overlay.

Kind of a pain, but it works Ok if you like a bigger screen view. Not too heavy of a setup really.

Secraft Dual Monitor Tray

Secraft Dual Monitor Tray
2017-5-16
Use props
epicjib
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3016060 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Thanks for this, great Idea with the zoom function on the iPad. I just shared your idea on the RC forums inspire 2 owners group.
2017-5-16
Use props
Gybo102
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2426230 ft
United States

I more or less asked for the same thing, but would like to have FPV out on the HDMI as I want to be able to have peeking for the  X5S feed on the ipad. Not to mention as a single operator, I used tap focus on the iPad mini, so would need to retain that functionality. Besides viewing the FPV view, there is no (touch) interation for it, the x5s on the ipad I feel would make more sense as I will be using the menues for the X5s. I think FPV over HDMI is the most beneficial (for me) in the sense that we do not need to spend a whole lot of $ on a screen as the feed is not meant to be great quality anyway. I just want a bigger view of it without obstruction of the X5s feed.
Also... we have lovely waveforms now... but... once you turn them on, you loose the FPV..soooooooooooooo as a single op setup, not too beneficial.

Here is my thread, No love from DJI: http://forum.dji.com/thread-87639-1-1.html
2017-5-17
Use props
FrankW7
lvl.1
United States

Yeh Gybo102, that's really what I wanted too, but the only thing I could figure out to work around it was what I posted. I thought I remembered that you could change the fpv size at one point, actually make it fullscreen early on, but thought I was confusing it with another copters functions or something.
2017-5-17
Use props
CiRec
lvl.3
Flight distance : 200791 ft
Germany

Gybo102 Posted at 2017-5-17 03:12
I more or less asked for the same thing, but would like to have FPV out on the HDMI as I want to be able to have peeking for the  X5S feed on the ipad. Not to mention as a single operator, I used tap focus on the iPad mini, so would need to retain that functionality. Besides viewing the FPV view, there is no (touch) interation for it, the x5s on the ipad I feel would make more sense as I will be using the menues for the X5s. I think FPV over HDMI is the most beneficial (for me) in the sense that we do not need to spend a whole lot of $ on a screen as the feed is not meant to be great quality anyway. I just want a bigger view of it without obstruction of the X5s feed.
Also... we have lovely waveforms now... but... once you turn them on, you loose the FPV..soooooooooooooo as a single op setup, not too beneficial.

there are some similar threads, here is mine...

http://forum.dji.com/thread-96126-1-2.html

well at least, we are not alone ;)
2017-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules