Simplified Picture of EMF flowing through wires
2140 4 2017-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

Very Simplified even a Troll can understand , then again maybe not ---- What Ever  

The arrows show the flow of the (EMF) Electro magnetic force or Flux  --- Note the twisting of the pair wires --- The twisted pair seem to contain the Stray EMF
which you would want to do in a sensitive circuit  //// While the Single wire acts like an emitter of EMF, this is where Shielding would be applied .
Shielding can also help reduce "Transmitted" EMF  from an outside Source like a CB that I mentioned in my last post --- DJI Engineers Do you hear this !
Here are some more High Risk Environments to Not Fly Around:
Transformers, any type , On telephone pole , Lamps you cars alternator , Power Stations , High tension wires, you computer, TV, Especially anywhere near a HAM Radio Operator once he points his Antenna and your in-between his transmission signal and he keys up on the Mic, Your Breakfast Toast Nothing will or Can Save You . You get the idea.
This is Not an Off Topic Thread and It has all to do with the implications of the Mavic System !!!!!   

EMF Flow

EMF Flow
2017-5-17
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Yeah problem is at high power, twisting the wire like that can blow a high power mosfet and that would be end game for a drone. I've made many different bucks and I also program the logic on microcontrollers. I mean full out morse code that's adjustable within 8k, over 2000 lines of code, a lot of optimizing. My buddy is an ee, even he was skeptical I could push 6v@12 amps through a mt-g2 rated at 6v 4a without blowing it, but went through several designs and probably have the best flashlights in the world right now. They put out around 8k lumens on one emitter with morse code and up to 600 chars programmed in by the user including prosigns.

I was going to send one to selfbuilt at candlepower, but those guys would take it apart and copy the bucks design, so I've sat on it. Still working on the website, but builders will be able to integrate the custom code into thier own designs using a chip that fits on the end of your finger (8 pin soic 8 or qfn, builders choice! or even vqfn)

Emf maybe contained well enough at lower power, but you need shielding at high power. When took my mavic apart I seen the wiring was twisted by dji. My mavic did a lot of weird stuff compass wise, so had to fly her nice and slow most of the time, keep her high. Now, even with the battery overheated 147F in sport close to 100F day, she has no problems after shielding the motor wires. I could never fly her like that before.

Here's a early design of my buck, minus the inductor. tldr; The mavic needs those motor wires shielded. I've tested twisted wire to the emitters in my designs and it's ended with blown mosfets at the high end. Not saying that would happen to the mavic, a lot rides on the quality of the mosfet itself. But I've seen it happen with my own works.

20150323_134755.jpg
2017-5-17
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

thehippoz Posted at 2017-5-17 08:33
Yeah problem is at high power, twisting the wire like that can blow a high power mosfet and that would be end game for a drone. I've made many different bucks and I also program the logic on microcontrollers. I mean full out morse code that's adjustable within 8k, over 2000 lines of code, a lot of optimizing. My buddy is an ee, even he was skeptical I could push 6v@12 amps through a mt-g2 rated at 6v 4a without blowing it, but went through several designs and probably have the best flashlights in the world right now. They put out around 8k lumens on one emitter with morse code and up to 600 chars programmed in by the user including prosigns.

I was going to send one to selfbuilt at candlepower, but those guys would take it apart and copy the bucks design, so I've sat on it. Still working on the website, but builders will be able to integrate the custom code into thier own designs using a chip that fits on the end of your finger (8 pin soic 8 or qfn, builders choice! or even vqfn)

thehippoz, I already knew you would understand this , and Yes Voltage does play a roll in this .
                You hit the nial right on the head with this one --------> Quality of the mosfet itself!!
                Honestly I don't think a Buck is needed just better Shielding along with what you said above.
FlySafe-FlyFree
2017-5-17
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

shielding can also help reduce "Transmitted" EMF  from an outside Source
My buddy . . . was skeptical I could push 6v@12 amps through a mt-g2 rated at 6v 4a without blowing it

All I know is that when I move the controller thingies the right way the flying doodad does what I want it to do.
2017-5-17
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-5-17 09:04
shielding can also help reduce "Transmitted" EMF  from an outside Source
My buddy . . . was skeptical I could push 6v@12 amps through a mt-g2 rated at 6v 4a without blowing it

whwhwhwhwh lolllll  Yeah when I move the Finagan Pin it energizes the Wham That makes my
                              Modula swell  !!!!!!
lollllll
2017-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules