Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery Use after Crash
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
budro594
lvl.1
Flight distance : 411850 ft
United States

My P4P is being repaired after falling 75 feet.  The battery dislodged after the crash.  DJI told me not to send the battery in.  It appears to function correctly, as I discharged it for storage, re-charged it, and have since discharged it to storage settings again.  

2 Questions:

Is the battery safe to use?
Any additional testing I should do prior to flying again?

Thank you for your assistance....
2017-5-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

In consideration of safety for battery shipment, we suggest you not to send the battery in after crash.
Besides, it's not recommended to use this battery since we cannot guarantee its performance.
You can check all the settings on APP to make sure everything is fine, then fly it in an open area.
Here is a tutorial for your reference:
2017-5-17
Use props
pasaytenpete
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47346 ft
United States

Additional checks would be cell voltage thru the DJI Go4 app...  Maybe the battery life check...     If the battery is not used for flying,  it can always be used for non-flying purposes...  IMU calibrartion, downloading video, etc.
2017-5-17
Use props
budro594
lvl.1
United States

Thank you for your help!
2017-5-20
Use props
budro594
lvl.1
United States

Update to the battery in the crash....I tested it out in a low hover, fully discharging it before to taking it up.  I recharged it, and have used the battery 4-5 times since without issue.
2017-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules