Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire 1 camera spins out of control!
3603 17 2015-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kirk.pleasant
lvl.3

Qatar

Hi all,

Picture this, the 3rd day out of the box and all is going well. Taking some aerial footage of mountain bikers, land to move the Inspire to another location. We have a good video link and we are using two controllers. While discussing the shot the video link is lost, so after trying few things like restarting the controllers, we restart the Inspire 1 and this happens -

We restart the inspire 1 and it does the same, shooting is done for the day. We go home and give everything a good inspection and find nothing obviously wrong. Try to start it one more time and the camera still going crazy. I took the camera off and calibrated the IMU and compass and took it for a flight. It flies ok with no issues. We then put the camera back on and it is dead.
I live in the Middle East and bought the Inspire 1 in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia. We don’t have any dealers close so it will be either back to Germany or the China.

Any recommendations ?

Thanks for your help!

2015-3-8
Use props
Colonel Angus
Second Officer

United States

Yeah,,,, that isn't right....Never seen one  wig out before like that.God gawd you can  mix drinks with the camera,
Contact them thru Dji.com live chat ship that dude back asap .
Get a RA number and dump the Excersist edition.
2015-3-8
Use props
method007
First Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

I know it sucks you have that problem, but damn that made my laugh my ass off!  Thanks for posting the video.  Yes contact DJI on the issue and please keep us posted.
2015-3-8
Use props
rodger
Captain
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Geez!!!!  That is really bad! Which Platform are you using IOS or Android? Have you installed the latest Firmware Update?
2015-3-8
Use props
Playful Monster
lvl.3

United States

How is it even doing that did it brake the stops off
2015-3-8
Use props
Captain Obvious
Second Officer

Australia

You know what this reminds me of...

2015-3-8
Use props
kirk.pleasant
lvl.3

Qatar

Captain Obvious Posted at 2015-3-9 10:35
You know what this reminds me of...

Yes ...she has earned her new name "The Exorcist"

I should have hold her that I am like James Bond ..."Shaken not stirred"

All updated with the latest firmware and using IOS with a brand new iPad Air 2 on the master controller and a iPad mini on the slave controller.

I have  sent DJI an email with a link to the video - I will keep you updated.

Cheers

2015-3-8
Use props
budnikasr
lvl.3

Canada

Gee, Another high quality QC from DJI.
2015-3-8
Use props
MainlineAerial
New

United States

Can it make smoothies? Looks like Vitamin has some competition! All jokes aside, best of luck to you getting your bird fixed asap!
2015-3-8
Use props
UM305
lvl.4

United States

MainlineAerial Posted at 2015-3-9 12:21
Can it make smoothies?  Looks like Vitamin has some competition! All jokes aside, best of luck to  ...

Help wanted!
planet-smoothie.jpg
2015-3-8
Use props
UM305
lvl.4

United States

looks like some power failure ,some kind of connector issue or input signal.
this situation was  pre or post firmware upgrade?
if the anwer is POST, do you re calibrate and link the transmitter (small red button) ?
without the gimbal mounted , do you see if the aircraft  show strange values in the "sensors screen "
available local options.
Ttry to re adjust the small gimbal connector?( flat cable)
Re install the firmware (aircraft)
Re install the firmware (controller side)
De link the 2nd controller, or use the 2nd as Main.
contact to DJI live 800 support.

2015-3-8
Use props
lukebowerman.ya

Malta

Happened to me aswell. After the firmware update, currently cameraless for the second consecutive week with no concrete answer from dji.
2015-3-8
Use props
kirk.pleasant
lvl.3

Qatar

I would try to re link but the camera is now dead.
I had been flying for about 1 hr after the last firmware upgrade.
I contacted DJI in Europe and they tried to be helpful but said I had to contact China.
Email and video sent, They responded that they will get back to me.... waiting
2015-3-9
Use props
lukebowerman.ya

Malta

kirk.pleasant Posted at 2015-3-10 00:55
I would try to re link but the camera is now dead.
I had been flying for about 1 hr after the last f ...

Dont hold your breath.
2015-3-9
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

First I would remove the .TXT file and go through the upgrade process to see if there is a corrupt file.  What is the version of the firmware is on your camera, v1.03 or v.104?  I would also check the tiny pins on the top of the camera.  Make sure that they are all in alignment and seated on the bottom of the mount.
2015-3-9
Use props
kirk.pleasant
lvl.3

Qatar

Hi All,

DJI so far has been good as gold. They sent me DOA form and I have dropped the parcel with the camera at DHL and sent them a tracking number.

12 hrs later I get a tracking number from DJI for the replacement!

I checked DHL website and it is en-route -awesome job for support DJI!
2015-3-11
Use props
Captain Obvious
Second Officer

Australia

First I would remove the .TXT file and go through the upgrade process to see if there is a corrupt file.  What is the version of the firmware is on your camera, v1.03 or v.104?  I would also check the tiny pins on the top of the camera.  Make sure that they are all in alignment and seated on the bottom of the mount.

Then call a priest!!
ASAP!!
2015-3-11
Use props
kirk.pleasant
lvl.3

Qatar

Replacement camera arrived last Monday, the first thing I noticed was how smooth the initial gyro start-up/stabilization was compared with the original camera.
That makes me think the original was defective from the factory.

Thanks for the quick turn around DJI!
2015-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules