Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How to carry osmo when NOT filming
3002 7 2017-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Scott242436
lvl.1
United States

I have been trying to figure out a way to carry my osmo when NOT filming. I want to find a way while out walking a trail or at a national park to keep the osmo ready to go quickly with out just carrying it in my hand the whole time. I would love to keep my phone in the holder already locked in. Has anyone found a creative way to carry your osmo or a bag that would keep the osmo safe and secure but allow very quick access and put away. Right now I use a lowepro backpack that also holds my mavic. Taking off the phone, stopping and opening the bag, opening the hard case thats inside the bag, putting the osmo away and then closing it all up to only want it back out 10 mins later. Any help or ideas. Thanks Guys
2017-5-17
Use props
flighttime1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 906352 ft
United States

A good leathersmith should be able to work something up. I've thought of getting something made up myself but I mostly use mine in a helicopter so don't really need it.
2017-5-17
Use props
LuxeFilm
lvl.1
Portugal

I have the same problem, it is a hassle to always be getting the smartphone, open the box (original), lock the Osmo, store in the box. Then to reuse is another hassle and the connection to the smartphone is time consuming!
Have you found a solution yet?
2017-5-23
Use props
Scott242436
lvl.1
United States

LuxeFilm Posted at 2017-5-23 01:13
I have the same problem, it is a hassle to always be getting the smartphone, open the box (original), lock the Osmo, store in the box. Then to reuse is another hassle and the connection to the smartphone is time consuming!
Have you found a solution yet?

No not yet, I have been taking the phone off after use and just putting the osmo in my pocket or just holding it but is not idea for long walks or hikes. let me know if you think of anything. I was thinking of maybe some kind of strap that I can wear over my shoulder but not sure how that would work
2017-6-3
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

It's a real pain to carry around. I can launch my Phantom 3 out of the case faster than I can setup my Osmo + z axis. Guess it has it's limitations as an all day camera.

The gimbal extension lead is handy, put the handle in your pocket and clip the head to a chest strap?

Personally I've decided the only way is to have my own Osmo Butler, he just brings it when I ask

Osmo Butler - your Osmo sir...

Osmo Butler - your Osmo sir...

2017-6-3
Use props
Salty777
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117077 ft
Malaysia

Very funny! (my "emoticons" aren't showing up so can't put a smiley).

But you need to fire the Butler.... he forgot the phone!
2017-6-4
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

Salty777 Posted at 2017-6-4 01:01
Very funny! (my "emoticons" aren't showing up so can't put a smiley).

But you need to fire the Butler.... he forgot the phone!

Just can't get the staff, the agency is sending a replacement
2017-6-4
Use props
breezeway95
lvl.3
Flight distance : 826854 ft
Canada

This is what I do. http://forum.dji.com/thread-71836-1-1.html
2017-7-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now