P4P+ Maps Not Working
4894 33 2017-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Scott H
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2136 ft
United States

Just put in service, latest f/w. Map showing white screen with icon in middle. Unable to download offline. I am connected to wifi. When I enable China maps, offline download options do appear but that doesn't do me much good here in Texas. I see this issue in other threads with no resolution.

Is this a known issue?

Thanks,
2017-5-17
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Could you please post some pictures for better assistance?
2017-5-17
Use props
Scott H
lvl.2
United States

Exactly the same as the photo posted in this thread: http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/phantom-4-pro-maps.103639/
2017-5-17
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Forget the maps, my friend. This is the least of your worries with P4P+ and not too smart version of Android OS ...
2017-5-17
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

Scott H Posted at 2017-5-17 19:31
Exactly the same as the photo posted in this thread: http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/phantom-4-pro-maps.103639/

Thank you so much for your info, I reported this case to our engineers , will let you know once this case updated. Besides, could you please provide me a pic about the page of the Offline Map Download?
2017-5-17
Use props
Scott H
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-5-17 23:34
Thank you so much for your info, I reported this case to our engineers , will let you know once this case updated. Besides, could you please provide me a pic about the page of the Offline Map Download?

Thank you. Here is a photo showing the map page. The device is connected to wifi despite the warning and I am able to browse the internet. When I enable China maps, a list of them appears here.

map

map

20170518_060004_resized.jpg
2017-5-18
Use props
Scott H
lvl.2
United States

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-5-17 22:14
Forget the maps, my friend. This is the least of your worries with P4P+ and not too smart version of Android OS ...

So I am finding. Crashed constantly and features disappear and reappear all the time. Should have gotten the non plus.
2017-5-18
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

Scott H Posted at 2017-5-18 03:14
Thank you. Here is a photo showing the map page. The device is connected to wifi despite the warning and I am able to browse the internet. When I enable China maps, a list of them appears here.
[view_image]

I don't understand this:
"cannot use satellite maps when not connect to a network.
Offline maps are only regular rather than satellite ones."
On my iPads (Air 2 and New) there isn't such limitation.
2017-5-18
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

Scott H Posted at 2017-5-18 03:14
[view_image]

Would you please try the steps below:
1. Power on the controller , connect to the network.
2, Click on ENTER DEVICE, then click on the map, make sure it is using the Here Map.
3. Go back the Offline Map page,  check it again.
2017-5-18
Use props
Scott H
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-5-18 04:23
Would you please try the steps below:
1. Power on the controller , connect to the network.
2, Click on ENTER DEVICE, then click on the map, make sure it is using the Here Map.

There is the word 'here' at the bottom of the screen. I assume that means I am using Here Maps. Still not working. Thank you.
2017-5-18
Use props
fans3ca3457a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1709839 ft
Thailand

just brought for week and got same problem  now i buy another remote for iPad and keep original remote in the box   , i think  i bug in android system and dji for pro + just wait for new firmware   somebody said wait for a month this sad news
2017-5-18
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Scott H Posted at 2017-5-18 03:18
So I am finding. Crashed constantly and features disappear and reappear all the time. Should have gotten the non plus.

Well, to be fair my P4P+ performs flawlessly so far, flying and capturing images as advertised. There's still many features to be tested and confirmed, but the most important ones are OK. Personally never paid too much attention to maps during flight, focusing on image composition rather and on arrow in relation to a home point. The P4P+ concept is very appealing and effective, but - as with any other mass-manufactured product - there will be always an percentage of released lemons to be returned. Few unfortunate buyers are venting here, the majority of lucky ones accepts minor imperfections, enjoy flying and have no reason to show up.  
2017-5-18
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

Scott H Posted at 2017-5-18 17:06
There is the word 'here' at the bottom of the screen. I assume that means I am using Here Maps. Still not working. Thank you.

Yeah, the Map supplier is correct. Have you tried other networks?  For example,  a WLAN hotspot provided by your phone.
2017-5-19
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-5-18 03:29
I don't understand this:
"cannot use satellite maps when not connect to a network.
Offline maps are only regular rather than satellite ones."

Just a notification to tell you the offline maps are only regular maps , not the satellite maps.
2017-5-19
Use props
Scott H
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-5-19 02:37
Yeah, the Map supplier is correct. Have you tried other networks?  For example,  a WLAN hotspot provided by your phone.

Ok tried that, same result unfortunately. Thank you.
2017-5-19
Use props
Scott H
lvl.2
United States

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-5-18 20:41
Well, to be fair my P4P+ performs flawlessly so far, flying and capturing images as advertised. There's still many features to be tested and confirmed, but the most important ones are OK. Personally never paid too much attention to maps during flight, focusing on image composition rather and on arrow in relation to a home point. The P4P+ concept is very appealing and effective, but - as with any other mass-manufactured product - there will be always an percentage of released lemons to be returned. Few unfortunate buyers are venting here, the majority of lucky ones accepts minor imperfections, enjoy flying and have no reason to show up.

I don't entirely disagree especially since I always fly 2 man in atti with my bigger rigs and the only telemetry I get or care about is voltage. But if it's supposed to be there, I want it to work.
2017-5-19
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Denmark

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-5-19 02:46
Just a notification to tell you the offline maps are only regular maps , not the satellite maps.

Thanks, DJI-Thor. What I don't get is WHY the offline maps should be only the regular ones and not the satellite views. Is that a limitation of the P4P+ controller, or also of other Android devices?
2017-5-19
Use props
SM-17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 179288 ft
Netherlands

The plus controller has plenty of limitations/bugs the maps is the least of them all, try using one of the automated flights for example.
2017-5-19
Use props
Cristian Zanca
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1129 ft
Italy

I have same issue. Just purchased P4P+ and maps are not working at all.
Really disappointed.

Remote connected to WiFi but I can see only a blank area.
Better i return to replace with regular controller?
2017-5-20
Use props
Scott H
lvl.2
United States

As an added bonus to my maps not working... also have major issues with the intelligent flight modes. Draw, waypoints, tap fly, etc. lock up the app every single time and I have to bring the thing back in atti mode and reboot all of it. Every time. Fortunately, course lock and POI seem to be ok.
2017-5-21
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

Scott H Posted at 2017-5-19 02:56
Ok tried that, same result unfortunately. Thank you.

So sorry for the inconvenience caused, I'v reported this issue , our engineers are working on it now,will let you know if we have an update on this case.  Thanks for your patience and support .
2017-5-22
Use props
Cristian Zanca
lvl.1
Italy

I contacted DJI but a guy called Ronald H requested first to calibrate the Compass and IMU then ti reset factory default using PC app but nothing changed. I'm still unable to see maps.
IMG_6010.JPG
2017-5-30
Use props
Cristian Zanca
lvl.1
Italy

Finally he told me to send to service to repair but should be a SW BUG because if I enable AMAP option for china I can perfectly see Chinese maps, satellite or with roads, but a not detailed map for Europe / Italy.  Do seems something related to the APP, not an issue of the drone...
2017-5-30
Use props
Scott H
lvl.2
United States

I was finally able to get the maps to work by installing Assistant on a PC (Mac wouldn't recognize it) and doing a reset. My intelligent flight modes are still jacked though with constant app crashing/freezing.

Does anyone know what the story is with the update for the P4P+ app/fw?
2017-5-30
Use props
Cristian Zanca
lvl.1
Italy

Good to know... I have one more chance. I tried with my Mac with no results, but I will try with PC tonight. Do you reset the drone or is there a way to reset the controller too? Thanks
Not tested yet intelligent flight mode
2017-5-30
Use props
BlikaSPY
lvl.1
Flight distance : 565528 ft
France

Scott H Posted at 2017-5-30 15:59
I was finally able to get the maps to work by installing Assistant on a PC (Mac wouldn't recognize it) and doing a reset. My intelligent flight modes are still jacked though with constant app crashing/freezing.

Same problems. Please give me more info on the process to load Assistant and workflow there after.
2017-5-31
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Denmark

Scott H Posted at 2017-5-30 15:59

This may be a stupid question, but... what OS are you using on your Mac? I had no problems with my 2009 macbook Pro running Yosemite  from an external disk on Firewire. Also, did you make a *complete installation* of DJI Assistant 2, including the extra module that is part of the package?
2017-5-31
Use props
Scott H
lvl.2
United States

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-5-31 02:31
This may be a stupid question, but... what OS are you using on your Mac? I had no problems with my 2009 macbook Pro running Yosemite  from an external disk on Firewire. Also, did you make a *complete installation* of DJI Assistant 2, including the extra module that is part of the package?

10.11.5, and yes I did install both packages per instruction. Assistant would not recognize when the controller was plugged in via USB.
Finally I installed Assistant on a PC and tried again, and the controller did show up with one option to do a reset, which I did. After that, I had maps.
2017-5-31
Use props
Cristian Zanca
lvl.1
Italy

So you connected the USB from the pc directly to the controller? I did the reset to the drone, but nothing changed and I didn't seen any special reset on the controller.
2017-5-31
Use props
Scott H
lvl.2
United States

Yes I just connected the controller. The only option I was even given was to do a reset, if I recall correctly.
2017-5-31
Use props
Cristian Zanca
lvl.1
Italy

Thanks. I will try soon
2017-5-31
Use props
Cristian Zanca
lvl.1
Italy

I connected the controller using the cable in the box but nothing displayed on the Assistant2. Tested with PC and MAC.
2017-5-31
Use props
Cristian Zanca
lvl.1
Italy

Can you please confirm me what do you did?
2017-5-31
Use props
The Roach
lvl.3
Flight distance : 412835 ft
  • >>>
United States

Any update on this?  It seems some parts of the Go App on the plus controller don't see the wireless.
I've never been able to connect the transmitter to the Assistant as well.  
2017-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules