My Mavic DJI Repair
1869 17 2017-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Grotto13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

IT WAS A TRUELY AWESOME REPAIR EXPERIENCE !!  For those of you who dont like to read to far into things, i thought i would just start things off like that ...
     Look, no matter what  , to have to send somthing back for repair sucks. Being a guy with a few different pricey hobbies " none of which that are commercial and stream line" meaning I like technologically advanced equipment that the leaders in what ever market it is , make such a bad ass product, they pretty much the only ones that do. ie: I love to metal detect. there are many on market but only a handful of bad ass machines that do there job and do it right! if you have a problem with 1 of these machines and need repair , for what ever reason. it takes time and money to send back , wait, and have repair. It is Always great to all work fine and never have to have  issue needing repair,but it happens .
it is our fault, not under warranty is always going to be a worrie .
I know that at least with myself , if im told repair isnt covered under warranty , at this point, im hopeful that repair wont be too costly , take too long and most of all , get it back in perfect or better working order.
None of these companies even to this date, have a web site or forum where you can go for help or advice, spesiffic and company monitored .
DJI is a top notch company ! they sell so many products "because they are soooo AwesoME!" they cant keep them on the shelf!
like myself who never had a drone before , i thought i get me some bad ass equipment and start droning!
well needless to say it was a few flights an a skim through the manuel, thinking i knew what i needed to know ,  and i had a crash. it wasnt so bad , i thought, because my craft looked ok, but my gimbal separated from my mavic .
I had an android phone with a small crack on screen and decided to take my mavic out and fly only with my phone on wifi mode.
needless to say, my phone with the many apps i had on there got a pop up disconnect. i didnt know enough to set my craft to hover when im over land and return to home when over water for a disconnect. luckly i was over land. anyway i crashed.
i was upset and frustrated as anyone else who crashes there equipment . i swore the only reason i crashed was because my mavic had faulty app. my mavic flew afterward but had no cam or pics.
i had never been in forum and hit button 1 night on my phone app by accident .
instead of being a total newbie , to flying and to forum ,
instead of complaning and and bad mouthing product , I saw a similar thread to what happen with my equipment and clicked.
i saw an admin had went back and forth with some one and got them help.
so on same thread , i said basically said i had similar issue and what can i do?
in a few min i had ans from DJI. it was send it back for repair for free and here is your return shipping lable.
i thought this was great! it took a few days for it to actully arrive back to DJI and a few more days for it to get inventoried and logged in. especially being i sent , carry bag, remote , battery and mavic.  Repair took about 2 weeks. If you add in weekends and shipping it was close to 30 days. after it arrived i would Spartanly go into the topic i originally asked for help in , find the admin that help me and POLITELY ask for update.
I never had to call into DJI , Never had to wait on hold for hours, Always got a speedy response back. maybe a day or 2 but these guys are slammed.
In mean time i took full advantage of this forum and read, watched, and ask as many questions as i can about anything related to mavic.
IT is very esay to blame faulty equipment on a break down and want a free fix for somthing thats your own fault or a replacement for something you say you lost and never even owned or say it was never at your door delivered but then complain when they make you have to sighn to recieve it.
Overall , with all the crashes i have heard about in this forum , Be patient , be polite, the customer servise is great. they even call me and leave detail message with what is going on with my case at least 3 times but i missed call because i was at work when they called.
They even call to say they sending it back in 3 days and it show up for FREE , next Day!! and works perfect!! they even through me some comp novelties because it took a bit to recieve it back. what more can i guy ask for ???!!!
Thank You DJI for all your help and
truly awesome products that had to
come from alien technology!!
happy safe flying all!
hope this helps out any newbies who crash and are worried to ssend back!
thanks again !

2017-5-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us, which provides us motivation to keep going.
Appreciate your positive feedback, hope you have nice time on flying the drone.
Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us, we're always here to help.
2017-5-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Good job nice to hear the positive side around here. Happy flying
2017-5-18
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
Canada

IT is very esay to blame faulty equipment on a break down and want a free fix for somthing thats your own fault
I could not have said it better , do you know that DJI has to take Photo's of every incoming and outgoing
repair due to all the dishonest people trying to pull off a Fraud against them ????
This process alone would employ many people , never mind how much time it consumes
This is one of the reasons it takes so long for a repair to be completed and returned to the customer !!
At times I do feel for DJI
Cheers  
2017-5-18
Use props
Grotto13
Second Officer
United States

thanks guys for reading and repling to my post ! to any other newbeis like myself that have issue and read my post , if i left any info out or you have any questions please feel free to ask away !! happy safe flying!!
2017-5-18
Use props
Grotto13
Second Officer
United States

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-5-18 03:22
IT is very esay to blame faulty equipment on a break down and want a free fix for somthing thats your own fault
I could not have said it better , do you know that DJI has to take Photo's of every incoming and outgoing
repair due to all the dishonest people trying to pull off a Fraud against them ????

im sure they take photos and that hold things up but how else to cover your but ! you can never argue with a pic ! unless you are drawing it yourself   imagine how many drones they sell . even if,  i think 20 , is a low "#"  for daily returns but me for example. i sent my Mavic, remote, battery and broken gimbal and plastic sheild back, packed in my DJI carry bag. if 20 of those come in a daily basis, have to log and photo all , ofcourse they def going to be back logged a bit. Im sure with the amout they sell and people crashing the #s are way more then that. Not only does that process cover there A@@ but also helps insure we get eveything back that we sent. people need patientce ! its like going to hospital for surgery and rushing the surgon and everbody else to hurry up! and im sure there are plenty idiots out there that would do that as well! I def feel for DJI . they def seem like they trying to do the right thing people need to give them chance. it makes me mad to see a newbie who makes there 1st post bad mouthing company and product threating to sue and all that other crap, when they could have easliy just wrote a polite post asking for help. this forum is great and full of knowledge . im sure there are a few malfunctions or manufactor defects here and there but im sure when henry ford make a car and everyone thought it was awesome and wanted 1 he had same problem . sorry to go on rant, long story short, if you are new to droning or have crash , just ask for some help. dont be worried about your repair, it is in great hands with DJI. if you crashed for what ever the reason is , they will figure it out!! if you decied you didnt have to read manuel or learn in forum or watching utube and you can just go fly with out knowing your drone settings ,phone settings, cam settings , flight route settings and you crash. DJI WILL FIX IT !!!!!  you just may have to suck it up and pay some money for your mistake .. at least you get it back and can get back in air!! so stop with the slander and legal action and just enjoy your Toy propperly! dahmn sorry went on tangent again haaa. good luck to all ,happy safe flying ,
cheers
2017-5-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for posting your experience, we appreciate it.
2017-5-18
Use props
Grotto13
Second Officer
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-5-18 05:43
Thanks for posting your experience, we appreciate it.

thanks for all the help    i am addicted to my Mavic lol
2017-5-18
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
Canada

Grotto13 Posted at 2017-5-18 05:37
im sure they take photos and that hold things up but how else to cover your but ! you can never argue with a pic ! unless you are drawing it yourself   imagine how many drones they sell . even if,  i think 20 , is a low "#"  for daily returns but me for example. i sent my Mavic, remote, battery and broken gimbal and plastic sheild back, packed in my DJI carry bag. if 20 of those come in a daily basis, have to log and photo all , ofcourse they def going to be back logged a bit. Im sure with the amout they sell and people crashing the #s are way more then that. Not only does that process cover there A@@ but also helps insure we get eveything back that we sent. people need patientce ! its like going to hospital for surgery and rushing the surgon and everbody else to hurry up! and im sure there are plenty idiots out there that would do that as well! I def feel for DJI . they def seem like they trying to do the right thing people need to give them chance. it makes me mad to see a newbie who makes there 1st post bad mouthing company and product threating to sue and all that other crap, when they could have easliy just wrote a polite post asking for help. this forum is great and full of knowledge . im sure there are a few malfunctions or manufactor defects here and there but im sure when henry ford make a car and everyone thought it was awesome and wanted 1 he had same problem . sorry to go on rant, long story short, if you are new to droning or have crash , just ask for some help. dont be worried about your repair, it is in great hands with DJI. if you crashed for what ever the reason is , they will figure it out!! if you decied you didnt have to read manuel or learn in forum or watching utube and you can just go fly with out knowing your drone settings ,phone settings, cam settings , flight route settings and you crash. DJI WILL FIX IT !!!!!  you just may have to suck it up and pay some money for your mistake .. at least you get it back and can get back in air!! so stop with the slander and legal action and just enjoy your Toy propperly! dahmn sorry went on tangent again haaa. good luck to all ,happy safe flying ,
cheers

I agree with you 100% --- I'm from the time and still believe when , you build it , you crash it , you pay for it
I some times think if it was worth it for DJI to implement the Care Refresh and warranty policies ??
Wish you the best    Cheers
2017-5-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Grotto13 Posted at 2017-5-18 06:16
thanks for all the help    i am addicted to my Mavic lol

For sure, the Mavic is an absolutely incredible aircraft.Enjoy.
2017-5-18
Use props
74260Z
lvl.2
United States

All the DJI Administrators on here are great. Always polite and easy to deal with, unlike some of the members on here that are just having a bad day and wanting to take it out on someone.  Great job DJI. Thank You.
2017-5-18
Use props
popsizzle
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18264 ft
United States

Great to hear the good experiences with repair on this thread.  I am currently anxiously awaiting the return of my Mavic.  Got the email that they received it 8 days ago but nothing since.   I had a low battery warning but the drone was literally 10 ft. from landing.  Then when I tried to land it, it would attempt a RTH maneauver of some sort.  I tried to override it and it appeared to be landing hovering about two feet off the ground then suddenly took off laterally hitting the side of my house and unhinging the gimbel.  Learned my lesson to never get down to less than 20% battery.  I am still trying to figure out why I couldn't just force it to land since it was right next to me.  Oh well, now just want to get it back up in the air before a trip in 3 weeks.  Keeping my fingers crossed the timing is what everyone here is experiencing.  
2017-5-18
Use props
Grotto13
Second Officer
United States

popsizzle Posted at 2017-5-18 11:11
Great to hear the good experiences with repair on this thread.  I am currently anxiously awaiting the return of my Mavic.  Got the email that they received it 8 days ago but nothing since.   I had a low battery warning but the drone was literally 10 ft. from landing.  Then when I tried to land it, it would attempt a RTH maneauver of some sort.  I tried to override it and it appeared to be landing hovering about two feet off the ground then suddenly took off laterally hitting the side of my house and unhinging the gimbel.  Learned my lesson to never get down to less than 20% battery.  I am still trying to figure out why I couldn't just force it to land since it was right next to me.  Oh well, now just want to get it back up in the air before a trip in 3 weeks.  Keeping my fingers crossed the timing is what everyone here is experiencing.

Yes Pops
you are in good hands. im sure 1 of the admins on this link would be happy to check your case out for you if you can provide your case # they are really good about that. you can always click reply on 1 of there comments above and give # and  ask them if they can help get you an update .
keep us posted !
2017-5-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

popsizzle Posted at 2017-5-18 11:11

Could you please provide me with your case number?
I'll help to look into it.
2017-5-18
Use props
popsizzle
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-5-18 21:13
Could you please provide me with your case number?
I'll help to look into it.

CAS-622315-V5K0D7

Thanks Mindy!
2017-5-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

popsizzle Posted at 2017-5-19 05:31
CAS-622315-V5K0D7

Thanks Mindy!

Your case is under process recently, sorry to have kept you waiting.
We've informed the local repair team to take care of it as soon as possible for you.
2017-5-21
Use props
popsizzle
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-21 02:58
Your case is under process recently, sorry to have kept you waiting.
We've informed the local repair team to take care of it as soon as possible for you.

Hi DJI Natalia.   Anyway you can give me an update on the repair process for my drone.   A week ago I received notice that it was evaluated and an invoice would be sent, but nothing in the week since.   Any information is appreciated.  
2017-5-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

popsizzle Posted at 2017-5-28 13:51
Hi DJI Natalia.   Anyway you can give me an update on the repair process for my drone.   A week ago I received notice that it was evaluated and an invoice would be sent, but nothing in the week since.   Any information is appreciated.

The supervisor left you invoice mail and sent you an e-mail about this case.
I've asked them again to escalate it and send you the invoice soon.
2017-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules