Ronin M - tilt not changing
2157 14 2017-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Paldo
lvl.1

Slovakia

Please help! When I am runing with my Ronin M  - I have noticed jitter on tilt axis (before I used stabilised lens so was less noticible) and now I discovered that every time I use "auto tune stability"  - pan and roll stifness are changing according to camera setup and tilt is always default 12 even when I used GH5 with 70-200 just to try heavy weight. I think there is something wrong with tilt motor. I also updated to last firmware with no change. Thanks for any advice!
2017-5-18
Use props
Paldo
lvl.1

Slovakia

same situation as here but no solution https://forum.dji.com/thread-34176-1-1.html
2017-5-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to make sure I'm on the same page, do you have IS on or off on your GH5? Do you happen to have a sample video of what you're getting? Could you provide a screenshot of your Assistant App settings? Is the unit properly balanced?
2017-5-18
Use props
Paldo
lvl.1

Slovakia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-18 14:47
Just to make sure I'm on the same page, do you have IS on or off on your GH5? Do you happen to have a sample video of what you're getting? Could you provide a screenshot of your Assistant App settings? Is the unit properly balanced?

I tried both IS off and on. With on it is a bit better.  The unit was properly balanced.  Please see the screenshot and sample video. Thanks!

2017-5-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Paldo Posted at 2017-5-19 12:50
I tried both IS off and on. With on it is a bit better.  The unit was properly balanced.  Please see the screenshot and sample video. Thanks!

[view_image]

Could you happen to post your Assistant app settings?
2017-5-19
Use props
Paldo
lvl.1

Slovakia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-19 14:41
Could you happen to post your Assistant app settings?

if you mean stiffness, here it is:

http://imgur.com/RQ26d4U
2017-5-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Do you notice any difference when walking slowly? Have you tried resetting to factory settings in the app and redoing the settings? Based on what you provided, you may want to increase the tilt stiffness and deadband. If the issue persists, however, then it would be a hardware issue that would require sending the unit in for service.
2017-5-22
Use props
Paldo
lvl.1

Slovakia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-22 12:32
Do you notice any difference when walking slowly? Have you tried resetting to factory settings in the app and redoing the settings? Based on what you provided, you may want to increase the tilt stiffness and deadband. If the issue persists, however, then it would be a hardware issue that would require sending the unit in for service.

when walking slowly it is a lot better, the jitter is there only sometimes, but I need it also for running. I tried resetting, recalibration, different settings (higher and lower stifness)  and still the same problem. Problem is that every time I use "auto tune stability"  - pan and roll stiffness are changing according to camera setup and tilt is always default 12 even when I tried GH5 with canon 70-200 f4. When I go over "25" stiffness, it starts to vibrate.
2017-5-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Paldo Posted at 2017-5-23 01:48
when walking slowly it is a lot better, the jitter is there only sometimes, but I need it also for running. I tried resetting, recalibration, different settings (higher and lower stifness)  and still the same problem. Problem is that every time I use "auto tune stability"  - pan and roll stiffness are changing according to camera setup and tilt is always default 12 even when I tried GH5 with canon 70-200 f4. When I go over "25" stiffness, it starts to vibrate.

How about adjusting the tilt deadband to make it less sensitive to sudden tilt movement?
2017-5-23
Use props
Paldo
lvl.1

Slovakia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-23 06:50
How about adjusting the tilt deadband to make it less sensitive to sudden tilt movement?

I tried also to disable smooth track so it should stay in one position and still the same problem.
2017-5-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Paldo Posted at 2017-5-23 21:56
I tried also to disable smooth track so it should stay in one position and still the same problem.

Is the extent of the issue the same when reducing the sensitivity or is it less?
2017-5-24
Use props
Paldo
lvl.1

Slovakia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-24 08:26
Is the extent of the issue the same when reducing the sensitivity or is it less?

you mean stiffness? I tried different settings for stiffness and it is more or less the same
2017-5-25
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Paldo Posted at 2017-5-25 02:15
you mean stiffness? I tried different settings for stiffness and it is more or less the same

I mostly mean deadband, which is under the 'control' section of the Assistant App. If that didn't help, then I would recommend either getting an exchange (if pretty new) or sending it in for service.
2017-5-25
Use props
Paldo
lvl.1

Slovakia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-25 08:33
I mostly mean deadband, which is under the 'control' section of the Assistant App. If that didn't help, then I would recommend either getting an exchange (if pretty new) or sending it in for service.

you don't need to play with deadband when smooth track is off. Anyway, thanks for replying and I am sending it for service.
2017-5-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Paldo Posted at 2017-5-29 09:46
you don't need to play with deadband when smooth track is off. Anyway, thanks for replying and I am sending it for service.

Thanks for the update, the Repair Center will be able to get this sorted for you.
2017-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules