Anyone Have some Information on the GLUED IN SD CARD ?
5062 46 2017-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
theGrindLab.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mcflying Posted at 2017-5-19 00:55
You can get banned for a lot of reasons
Just read this post http://forum.dji.com/thread-71515-1-1.html and then you are safe.

Worked for me on Firefox. How long ago did you try?
2017-5-19
Use props
Mcflying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

theGrindLab.com Posted at 2017-5-19 20:17
Worked for me on Firefox. How long ago did you try?

3 seconds ago.
But under Firefox i have shield off Flash.
So i think it's Flash related
2017-5-19
Use props
Wellsi
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fractures Posted at 2017-5-19 05:39
Why was Skunk banned? Im sure it had nothing to do with him bringing attention to the use of unreliable hardware in DJI products!

Well I've just read through this post on my cellphone which does keep all comments visible, and there was nothing rude or offensive said, so I guess we can only assume he was indeed banned for his opinion of the components... which is a little surprising to have a regular helpful contributor banned for.....  Cheers Skunk...

Ian
2017-5-19
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mcflying Posted at 2017-5-19 21:42
3 seconds ago.
But under Firefox i have shield off Flash.
So i think it's Flash related

Ah. Ok. Whew! Was thinking I might have to ditch my trusted browser.
2017-5-20
Use props
AACY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 518012 ft
United States

Wellsi Posted at 2017-5-19 22:12
Well I've just read through this post on my cellphone which does keep all comments visible, and there was nothing rude or offensive said, so I guess we can only assume he was indeed banned for his opinion of the components... which is a little surprising to have a regular helpful contributor banned for.....  Cheers Skunk...

Ian

The problem was not apparently on this thread, if you go to MaR posts you will see that there was some confrontation going back and forward. I still find it very sad.
2017-5-20
Use props
AACY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 518012 ft
United States

Griffith Posted at 2017-5-19 11:19
Also it's more tamper resistant :-)

Indeed, my problem with eprom systems and this is based on my experience with automobiles, once the internal memory gets corrupted or fails, you are totally screwed and need to change the entire module. That's why in this specific case, I see it as a smart idea to use even a serviceable and replaceable storage system which will not incur in the entire replacement of the board or system. Why bother  in changing and throwing away a perfectly good system when only one component failed? Remove the SD card and put a new one and you are gold, I see that as pretty clever.
2017-5-20
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

AACY Posted at 2017-5-20 09:13
Indeed, my problem with eprom systems and this is based on my experience with automobiles, once the internal memory gets corrupted or fails, you are totally screwed and need to change the entire module. That's why in this specific case, I see it as a smart idea to use even a serviceable and replaceable storage system which will not incur in the entire replacement of the board or system. Why bother  in changing and throwing away a perfectly good system when only one component failed? Remove the SD card and put a new one and you are gold, I see that as pretty clever.

My point was that if it can be removed and replaced then it's not tamper resistant. In this case it's not a matter of cost (customer pays if failure not their fault), but a matter of preserving information (to determine fault).
2017-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules