How to enable 4K with Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge on DJI Go App???
3521 22 2017-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VAG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 93638 ft
Greece

Hello all,
I just got a used Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge to use with my new Osmo Mobile.
The camera seetings does not include 4K recording.

I wonder, does DJI works on any update to enable this?
It's a shame to not have features Osmo Mobile delivers on pretty decent devices like the one I got.
I now use the stock camera app on the phone BUT, I paid for all the features like Motion Timelapse and Tracking with no avail...

Please DJI, update the app so we can have the optimal solution with a great phone that has great camera and abilities to use Osmo Mobile with...

PS: The choice I made to go with S6 Edge is that it doesn't use OIS on 4K, so there won't be the shaky result like iPhone 6s or iPhone 7 have with the DJI Go app.

Thanks in advance,
VAG

2017-5-18
Use props
VAG
lvl.1
Greece

Hello DJI... any news???
2017-6-4
Use props
mark1975
lvl.3
Flight distance : 92454 ft
United Kingdom

why  just not use your native camera app avoid the dji go for this function???? I use 4k all the time no issues using exact same mobile .
2017-6-5
Use props
tofudrifter
New
United States

mark1975 Posted at 2017-6-5 00:29
why  just not use your native camera app avoid the dji go for this function???? I use 4k all the time no issues using exact same mobile .

pinging this thread.....i have samsung S8 and the 4k is gorgeous...the DJI go app needs the 4k option for us ;)
2017-6-5
Use props
YKN.JS
lvl.1
United States

mark1975 Posted at 2017-6-5 00:29

because the record movie and take picture buttons don't work in the native cam app? imagine reaching your left hand up every single time you want to start/pause recording
2017-6-7
Use props
mark1975
lvl.3
Flight distance : 92454 ft
United Kingdom

YKN.JS Posted at 2017-6-7 05:56
because the record movie and take picture buttons don't work in the native cam app? imagine reaching your left hand up every single time you want to start/pause recording

i hear ya but ive never encountered that problem I just edit the transistion
2017-6-9
Use props
Floreto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3591102 ft
United States

I'm thinking of buying the Osmo for a trip I'm about to take, I have a Galaxy S6 and from the comments above it sounds like I won't be able to use the DJI app with it, is that correct?
2017-6-12
Use props
MMARKOE
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2710 ft
United States

Floreto Posted at 2017-6-12 06:16
I'm thinking of buying the Osmo for a trip I'm about to take, I have a Galaxy S6 and from the comments above it sounds like I won't be able to use the DJI app with it, is that correct?

You can use DJI go with your Samsung S6. However it only record at 1080p. If you want to record at 4K, you can still use the osmo mobile as a stabilization device, but only use your built-in 4k on the S6 without the features of the osmo and DJI go.
2017-6-13
Use props
MMARKOE
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2710 ft
United States

Floreto Posted at 2017-6-12 06:16

You can use DJI go with your Samsung S6. However it only records at 1080p. If you want to record at 4K, you can still use the osmo mobile as a stabilization device, but only use your built-in 4k on the S6 without the features of the osmo and DJI go.
2017-6-13
Use props
VAG
lvl.1
Greece

Well I bought Osmo Mobile for the app capabilities for Motion Timelapse mostly at 4K. If I knew that I have to buy iPhone 7 or another phone (more expenses) to have this, I wouldn't have bought Osmo Mobile but other gimbal from another manufacturer...

DJI has to add 4K option to it's app. The hardware is ready, the software lacks support and optimization.
I hope they hear us before I return my Osmo Mobile for this reason.
2017-6-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

VAG Posted at 2017-6-29 01:45
Well I bought Osmo Mobile for the app capabilities for Motion Timelapse mostly at 4K. If I knew that I have to buy iPhone 7 or another phone (more expenses) to have this, I wouldn't have bought Osmo Mobile but other gimbal from another manufacturer...

DJI has to add 4K option to it's app. The hardware is ready, the software lacks support and optimization.

We have got your request and feedback and I have transferred to our engineer, please pay attention to our website for the next APP release.
2017-6-29
Use props
VAG
lvl.1
Greece

Thank you Mindy.
I hope this will be sorted out soon, not only for me, but for more Android users that have 4K capable phones.
2017-6-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

VAG Posted at 2017-6-29 02:33
Thank you Mindy.
I hope this will be sorted out soon, not only for me, but for more Android users that have 4K capable phones.

I understand, we are working hard on improving our product and will make your experience with us better.
2017-6-29
Use props
VAG
lvl.1
Greece

Well Mindy the response I got from DJI support (via helpdesk) is not encouraging.

They replied me the following:

I´m afraid the mobile device you are using is not in the list of compatible devices on our website.
Also not all devices are supported for 4K recording via the GoApp.
As every Android device has a slightly different operating system, it is simply impossible to make it work with all available devices.
You can try to use this function directly out of your mobile device, without the use of the GoApp and use the Osmo mobile only for stabilization.

If and when a 4K function will be added that works with your device, we cannot say at this time.

This probably means that I have to look elsewhere to get the results I paid for.
I hope they will look after this massive demand (to support devices able for 4K recording with their factory camera apps) or any developer to make an even paid app that can do everything DJI Go App does but without this limitation.

I hope to hear good news soon.
Greetings from Greece to all.
VAG
2017-6-29
Use props
VAG
lvl.1
Greece

Does DJI software team works on any update about getting 4K all Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 Edge, S7 etc.?
Just wondering if and when this will be available.

PS: Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge is on the list of supported devices on DJI Osmo Mobile page, so the excuse the "Support department" wrote is BS.
2017-7-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

VAG Posted at 2017-7-18 11:46
Does DJI software team works on any update about getting 4K all Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 Edge, S7 etc.?
Just wondering if and when this will be available.

Galaxy S8 plus, Galaxy S8, Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 Edge all can shoot 4k video with Osmo Mobile, except for Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge, we will keep improving our compatible list. Appreciate your patience.
2017-7-19
Use props
fans24439545
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4392710 ft
Portugal

So..... any news on S6 4K for Osmo Mobile 2?!?
It's a real disapointment not being able to use the motion timelapse, hyperlapse funtions in 4K.

It's ridiculous. Sort this out.
2018-4-20
Use props
VAG
lvl.1

fans24439545 Posted at 2018-4-20 08:37
So..... any news on S6 4K for Osmo Mobile 2?!?
It's a real disapointment not being able to use the motion timelapse, hyperlapse funtions in 4K.

The only solution is to buy another phone.
DJI is crap regarding their software support.
Either buy another phone or another gimbal.

Simple.
2018-4-20
Use props
KG33
New
Flight distance : 108058 ft
Hong Kong

VAG Posted at 2018-4-20 09:07
The only solution is to buy another phone.
DJI is crap regarding their software support.
Either buy another phone or another gimbal.

Hey Guys! I was also today very surprised (Shocked) about fact that my samsung s6 Edge+ can't film in 4K.. i buy today DJI here in China in Shenzhen - im unpacked in shop and tested and noticed this issue. Guy (seems a clever one) told that android have a lot version bla bla bla. But we need don't forget that this is CHINA. And they for sure working but they have no priority to old phones now - because everyone buying new if its samsung - so company more oriented to the future phones. I wanted give back osmo mobile but i will test it for 7 days. then return OR NOT!
Guy and girl from technical support service told me in gentle way they will not fix in soon (meaning of it here in china i think never) BECAUSE ! there still people buying and buying this stuff. all around the world.. cashflow are very big and big plans. new (not good) small devices but more people will buy. But lets hope!
2018-4-21
Use props
audiodrive
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-19 02:14
Galaxy S8 plus, Galaxy S8, Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 Edge all can shoot 4k video with Osmo Mobile, except for Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge, we will keep improving our compatible list. Appreciate your patience.

Hi Mindy. Sorry to bump this  thread. Im just curious if an app update has been made for the 4k video issue on the S6 Edge?  

Thanks a lot!
2018-6-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

audiodrive Posted at 2018-6-30 11:38
Hi Mindy. Sorry to bump this  thread. Im just curious if an app update has been made for the 4k video issue on the S6 Edge?  

Thanks a lot!

Sorry, 4K is still not available for S6 Edge.
2018-7-2
Use props
HughesyMK
New
Flight distance : 36109 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-19 02:14

Hi Mindy,

I can't get my Osmo Mobile to offer 4K with my S7 and I have the latest update to the app - are you sure this is correct?
2018-7-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

HughesyMK Posted at 2018-7-4 03:02
Hi Mindy,

I can't get my Osmo Mobile to offer 4K with my S7 and I have the latest update to the app - are you sure this is correct?

Yes, 4k resolution should be available in Samsung S7 per tests, may I have a screenshot of the resolution in your APP?
2018-7-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules